deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@arcus said:

@martinceld: yeah, but that's never how blocking firebending has worked before

but its what happened because we have definitive proof that given equal footing and knowledge aang can very much nullify ozai's fire with his own. Again, not arguin that aangs fire bending > korra, that other guy is just delusional lol but yeah with regards to that specific thing with getting knocked into the rock by ozai's fire, it was most likely due to the element of surprise and ozai's momentun. Also, keep the avatar threads going lol I enjoy always having a nice thread to read

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

His earth is superior to her Fire, and their water is about equal

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Arcus1

@jacthripper: What waterbending feats does Aang have to match Korra's? Korra's earth is also superior to Aang's fire

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Aang's earth> Korra's fire> Aang's water> Korra's air> Aang's fire~Korra's earth

Because Aang's Earh is best, it allows him to have the best defense, and he was chucking rocks that would have given Kuvira's mech pause.

Has Ozai vs Kuvira's Mech been made? Because I could see him doing some damage.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

Ozai and some other firebenders vs the mech has been made

Korra has used air in combat far more than Korra has used water, and I'd argue for her earth being superior to his fire (can't post gifs or videos on my phone though)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I know, but in my mind, all elements are equal (in their own way) and it just matters how well they are used. Aang has the superior use of a single element, which gives him the win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: fair enough, I would agree to some degree, depending on the level of mastery. However, Tarrlok was a better waterbender than Korra was at any element, and she still beat him

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By alphaeyght2

Aang's earthbending >> Korra's, Korra's firebending >> Aang's, Korra's airbending > Aang's waterbending (combat feats wise: more showings, he's good at waterbending.. but her airbending moves was just slightly more advanced than his waterbending's). so Korra

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think we can all agree that Korra has Aang beat in there water bending department. I don't even think it would be a contest. Aang just lacks showings, and the feats he has shown has been subpar.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra, she has a lot of showings of fighting without water, but Aang's always relied heavily on is air (except when he fought Azula for some reason).

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 anthp2000  Moderator

Aang's earth seals it.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By vengefulshot

Korra stomps and solos with fire + one other. Aangs fire is a non factor and his water is only useful because she doesn't have hers, but is still completely outclassed by her fire and air, and her earth is significantly stronger than his water.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth Bending- Aang actually learned Sysmic sensory and has better feats

Fire Bending- Korra is slightly better but not enough to make a difference.

Aang Water Bending is drastically better than Koreans air Bending

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By vengefulshot

@beast_mode999: Korra would crush Aang in firebending and her air is vastly superior to her water

Edit: Her air is superior to his water rather.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 anthp2000  Moderator

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot:

Aang raised the Sea see level after his fight with Ozai and his Waterbending was able TK hold Off Ozai WITH the Comet.

Aang waterbending trumps Any of Karras secondary Bending other than water.

Aang s Earth ending definitely trumps her Earth Bending

And Korra my ahave Aang in fire Bending but that's it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@beast_mode999 said:

@vengefulshot:

Aang raised the Sea see level after his fight with Ozai and his Waterbending was able TK hold Off Ozai WITH the Comet.

Aang waterbending trumps Any of Karras secondary Bending other than water.

Aang s Earth ending definitely trumps her Earth Bending

And Korra my ahave Aang in fire Bending but that's it.

Aang used the AS to wash over the land.....

Aang's earth > Korra's air > Korra's fire > Korra's earth > Aang's water > Aang's fire

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By vengefulshot

@beast_mode999: Aangs only notable water feat was blocking a small fire blast from Comet Ozai, he immediately had to retreat afterwards and was forced away from his water source. So no, Aangs waterbending does not trump any of Korras bending arts, and if he went up against her with just water, he would get thoroughly stomped, even with her weakest earth, as she was able to manhandle Tarlock with that element too, and Tarlock is a vastly superior waterbender to Aang. All Aang has is decent raw power. Furthermore, he clearly entered the AS to perform such a feat as raising the ocean, and so that is entirely irrelevant to this fight.

Loading Video...

Aangs earth is superior to Korras but its close especially if she has metal. Her firebending is superior to all of his elements other than air. His fire is a literal non factor since he hasn't displayed anything short of a few fire balls and flame breath, both of which Korra can do with absolute ease.

Korras airbending is superior to his water and fire and is close to his earth.

Korras fire=>Aangs earth=> Korras air> Korras earth>> Aangs water>>>>Aangs fire.

Fodder like Zhao would take a majority over Aangs firebending.

Afrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much speed and agility does aang lose with air

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot: Korras fire is not as good as Aang's earth by any means. And her airbending is imo better than her fire.
No her earth is not >> his water.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Yes, it really is, but debating Korra with you is entirely pointless. Rockalanches and earthquakes are all far above anything Aang has, but this will come up in our CAV.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot said:

@anthp2000: Yes, it really is, but debating Korra with you is entirely pointless. Rockalanches and earthquakes are all far above anything Aang has, but this will come up in our CAV.

You don't have to get salty because you like Korra that much.

This is hillarious. You are now arguing Korra's earth is better than Aang's? I didn't see Korra tanking blasts from comet amped Ozai, I didn't see her going rock armor, I didn't see her earth surfing and I didn't see her burrying people on the spot and I didn't see her decimating airships.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I can't take that first part seriously considering your infatuation with Azula.

No, Im arguing that Korras earthbending is far superior to his waterbending.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot said:

@anthp2000: I can't take that first part seriously considering your infatuation with Azula.

No, Im arguing that Korras earthbending is far superior to his waterbending.

Seriously, you don't have to get mad over everything. And you've said some of the most absurd things about Korra ever since some new users came by.

The way you said it, it made it sound like you meant she had him beat in earthbending.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm this tough cookies!. I always believed because Aang is so good at bending he's very agile and able dodge attacks. I don't Like Korra..hate her to me she seems sloppy.

Um I don't know i'm going to guess on this one and say Aang.

Tanaka917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truthfully speaking I love Aang more. That said, I don't see any way of Aang to win without the Avatar State or his prime element out of play. Aang is a very defensive fighter, using speed to stay ahead of his opponents, on top of that he combines air agility with other elements to make versatile attacks as well as chain multiple attacks. Already he is at a disadvantage

Korra while a master waterbender doesn't waterbend all that often, preferring onslaughts and power to beat her opponents. Aang is fairly fragile especially compared to Korra. Without Airbending he'd be forced to engage in a head to head, which Korra has proven multiple times is a plan that needs serious firepower to succeed against her. Aang has no way to win this one

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I'm not mad though. Just pointing out that you should stop being a hypocrite and leave words like "hilarious" at the door and start using actual evidence to back up your claims instead of hyperbole or conjecture. Why would I be salty? Not really, calling a statement ridiculous is meaningless and pointless when you don't have the evidence to refute said statement.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: I'm not mad though. Just pointing out that you should stop being a hypocrite and leave words like "hilarious" at the door and start using actual evidence to back up your claims instead of hyperbole or conjecture. Why would I be salty? Not really, calling a statement ridiculous is meaningless and pointless when you don't have the evidence to refute said statement.

Somehow I'm the hypocrite one around here. Great.
Yes you are salty. For the past month you show clear bias towards Korra in every single thing and then you come here and tell me how debating Korra with me is pointless. Please explain how.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By vengefulshot

@anthp2000: Because even when faced with irrefutable evidence that proves you wrong you continue to insist that you are right. For example, I'm not the first person to tell you that Azula's lightning hit KeiLo, yet you continue to tell me that he dodged it even though it obviously hit his shoulder.

No Caption Provided

Hyperbole like "only characters with TyLee agility can dodge Azula's lightning" when literally everyone in that panel dodged it by moving to the side.

No Caption Provided

Insisting that the sandshark feat was charged even though Korra throws her hands back for less than half a second before releasing the shot, we even see she's holding on to the sandbender ship.

No Caption Provided

If "bias" is your only argument against my claims then you really don't have an argument. And my stance on Korra and her abilities is the same as its always been, there's nothing new, nothing has changed the past month.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: Because even when faced with irrefutable evidence that proves you wrong you continue to insist that you are right. For example, I'm not the first person to tell you that Azula's lightning hit KeiLo, yet you continue to tell me that he dodged it even though it obviously hit his shoulder.

Of course you aren't. Another biased user who turned you like him said so as well. Lightning cannot send Zuko flying while Kei Lo no-sells it. Ever heard of animation errors before? It happens. Avatar has plenty in fact.

Hyperbole like "only characters with TyLee agility can dodge Azula's lightning" when literally everyone in that panel dodged it by moving to the side.

...... Except I didn't say that. Either read my arguments or do not try. I said that you need Ty Lee's flexibility to dodge this AoE attack from Azula actually trying to hit you instead of pointing into the sky. Why in the world would she throw lightning at 2 people who can redirect it and why would she do so when she didn't even want to fight them, just leave? Just look at the panel. Look at where her hand is pointing and think about what she wanted to do.

Insisting that the sandshark feat was charged even though Korra throws her hands back for less than half a second before releasing the shot, we even see she's holding on to the sandbender ship.

I never insisted after ASD pointed out my mistake on another thread though.

If "bias" is your only argument against my claims then you really don't have an argument. And my stance on Korra and her abilities is the same as its always been, there's nothing new, nothing has changed the past month.

Oh, but a lot has changed. You simply come in and spread stuff like Korra stomps, Korra beast him, her and everyone, Korra is better, Korra borderline stomps, Korra solos, Korra's raw power seals it, Korra is suddenly a god because some users who like her suddenly came in posting about how incredible she is at everything.

You have yet to explain me how debating Korra with me is pointless. Please let me know before you say that for the third time this week. I have already given my reasons as to why I think some benders can take an Avatar (not just Korra for the 10th time) and all you do is insult me and leave instead of making a proper argument like I did.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By vengefulshot

@anthp2000:

Of course you aren't. Another biased user who turned you like him said so as well. Lightning cannot send Zuko flying while Kei Lo no-sells it. Ever heard of animation errors before? It happens. Avatar has plenty in fact.

Azula briefly charged the shot that sent Zuko flying, and it was redirected twice, whereas her real instant lightning has ludicrously poor striking power.

Clearly charges.
Clearly charges.

Except I didn't say that. Either read my arguments or do not try. I said that you need Ty Lee's flexibility to dodge this AoE attack from Azula actually trying to hit you instead of pointing into the sky. Why in the world would she throw lightning at 2 people who can redirect it and why would she do so when she didn't even want to fight them, just leave? Just look at the panel. Look at where her hand is pointing and think about what she wanted to do.

More conjecture and hyperbole. You do not need Tylee flexibility to dodge that attack, you can dodge the separate forks easily unless Azula hits you with it at point blank range. You can also stonewall that lightning with everything other than air since, again, the striking power is just bad and the concussive force is non existent.

I never insisted after ASD pointed out my mistake on another thread though.

Must of missed that. My bad.

Oh, but a lot has changed. You simply come in and spread stuff like Korra stomps, Korra beast him, her and everyone, Korra is better, Korra borderline stomps, Korra solos, Korra's raw power seals it, Korra is suddenly a god because some users who like her suddenly came in posting about how incredible she is at everything.

Being the avatar, Korra wins most of her fights due to her unrivaled versatility, on top of raw power and mobility that is superior to almost everyone in the verse except a select few benders imo. And she is incredible at most things, which is why she wins a lot. Just because I don't think single element masters can compete with Korra doesn't mean I am automatically "biased".

You have yet to explain me how debating Korra with me is pointless. Please let me know before you say that for the third time this week. I have already given my reasons as to why I think some benders can take an Avatar (not just Korra for the 10th time) and all you do is insult me and leave instead of making a proper argument like I did.

Not once have I insulted you. I called you hypocritical and I find your reasoning and arguments ridiculous, as well as your opinions a little delusional, but that's more attacks on your argument than you as a person. You just throw the word "biased" around whenever anyone disagrees with your opinion, and laugh at things you disagree with, even if the reasoning behind them is solid; You haven't made any proper arguments, and all of your points have been near flawlessly refuted by other users, so I don't feel the need to defend my stance when others that share the same opinion are already arguing that opinion just fine, it would just be repetitive.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot: That's fair enough, but no. Her real instant lightning power has concussive force behind it good enough to create a mini explosion on the ground and knock Mai off her feet when thrown near her. Again, animation errors exist. (tbh I find it pretty weird that she charged it and yet it didn't kill or at least KO)

I don't see enough space between the sparks. Care to elaborate? And I didn't say people cannot just stonewall it. I said Kuvira can't cause I don't recall her being able to effortlessly raise boulders.

You missed my point. I don't think you are biased because of that (that would make most people biased). I think you are simply getting affected quite a lot by some new users who clearly like Korra a lot and suddenly you think 3 out of 4 elements in Korra's arsenal are top tier. You and I both know that it wasn't like that before.

Hypcritical is pretty insulting if you ask me. Same goes for my "infatuation" with Azula lol that was a good one... As for my arguments, I'm sorry you feel that way. I only laugh at arguments I find ludicrously ridiculous such as Toph beating Comet amped firebenders or Korra with firebending one shotting people like Zuko or Azula. No, all of my points have not been near flawlessly refuted by other users. You and I both know there's plenty of room for disscusion so you throwing a "it's pointless debating Korra with you" and leaving is not going to solve anything and it's certainly not the purpose of the vine either.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Korra borderline stomps as far as I'm concerned

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: idk why Azula's lighting is coming up, but she definitely hit Kei Lo with it. It quite clearly struck his shoulder. It was just a weaker bolt. We've seen she can control the strength of her bolts, like when she zapped Sokka's boomerang out of his hand

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: And why would she choose to throw a weaker bolt? I can understand that she chose not to kill Zuko but why not even hurt Kei Lo? I guess controlling the power is a good explanation but I can just as easily argue she can't tbh.

It looks like an animation error to me. We've seen stuff like that in Avatar. Though not in the comics IIRC...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: And why would she choose to throw a weaker bolt? I can understand that she chose not to kill Zuko but why not even hurt Kei Lo? I guess controlling the power is a good explanation but I can just as easily argue she can't tbh.

It looks like an animation error to me. We've seen stuff like that in Avatar. Though not in the comics IIRC...

Cause she didn't want to actually hurt Kei Lo. She was apparently more curious about Mai's new boyfriend than anything

Then how would you explain her just zapping Sokka's boomerang out of his hand?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: Fair enough.

True. But she can do plenty of stuff with lightning bending in the comics you know like flashes and spheres, a small zap could might as well be a different technique.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By vengefulshot

@anthp2000: True, upon further inspection I have become more impressed with her airbending and earthbending, but I have always stood by the fact the her firebending is top notch and would pose a serious threat to Zuko or Azula or anyone on that tier really. Imo it's still good enough to take an edge over EOS Zuko, maybe Azula with bloodlust. This is in part due to her raw power but also due to the fact that she has deflected and ran straight through large fireblasts several times, as well as her physicals. And I still think it's good enough to defeat someone like Aang in earth. In terms of her air, whilst it is below the likes of Azula in a general sense, it seems very good at handling firebenders and earthbenders, and she has proved that she can maintain high speeds whilst using power moves on an airspout outside of the AS. The thing with Korra is that she doesn't really have a weak element imo, and I have always stood by this too. Sure earth is her least polished, but it's not like she isn't very skilled and powerful with it too. And she has metalbending, with which she was able to land a hit on Kuvira using a curved potshot. She also has feats of launching herself with pillars and has used environmental attacks.

No Caption Provided
This is actually really impressive and shows Korra can perform multiple high end moves at the same time. (Rockalanche and Airspout).
This is actually really impressive and shows Korra can perform multiple high end moves at the same time. (Rockalanche and Airspout).
After she launched herself with this she managed to get off five attacks in the air before landing, without using her bending to sustain flight.
After she launched herself with this she managed to get off five attacks in the air before landing, without using her bending to sustain flight.

She raises several pillars with a kick in an environmental attack in season 1 episode 4 of LOK where she challenges Amon on the statue of Aang, couldn't find the gif.

In regards to Azulas lightning, on the charged point, I think it was a very brief charge. I could see her getting this move off in combat against less aggressive and slower opponents (so not the likes of Kuvira, Korra or Ming, but perhaps Katara, Zuko and maybe Toph depending on if she is fighting IC).

On the gap point, the lightning clearly forks and you can dodge between the forks like every character in the panel right there did. I don't view that so much as AOE as more 5 or 6 single target attacks at the same time spread out over a certain area.

I'm sorry if I insulted you, this was not my intention, I just strongly disagree with your opinions on Korra, who I already see as somewhat underrated.