• 112 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I hope that Darkseid completely stomps Batman. Why is this? Because New-52 Darkseid should be a Skyfather level being. That is what he was hyped up to be.

In his origin issue, he completely one-shotted a planet (this does not necessitate Skyfather level power; but more powerful than Pre-Flashpoint Darkseid).

No Caption Provided

In the Forever Evil finale, an Anti-Monitor vs Darkseid matchup was hinted at:

No Caption Provided

And how many Lantern rings does it take to defeat Darkseid?

No Caption Provided

Simply put: The New-52 is giving Darkseid justice in regards to his respective power level.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By frozen  Moderator

It'd be the victory that Batman deserves, but not the one Comic-Vine needs right now.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

True

Beata

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming they will find a way to let Batman wail on Darkseid for a bit, without diminishing his power levels, or find some plot device that justifies it if Batman wins.

Batman winning doesn't have to be an insult to Darkseids power levels.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sacredweapons

@frozen said:

It'd be the victory that Batman deserves, but not the one Comic-Vine needs right now.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Squalleon

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jogga
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is implied during the issue that Darkseid is weakened.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Which really makes no sense. He was driven back but didn't seem that badly hurt...

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: You can pull out all my teeth, gouge my ears, amputate my arms and legs, tear out an eye, a kidney and a lung, and I'd still stomp the living f**k out of a sugar ant. There's no amount of depowerment that can justify this

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. Batman is by far my favorite character but Darkseid one of my favorite villains simply because of how powerful and evil he is, and there's no way he should be hurt by batmans punches at all, let alone lose to him in a fist fight. As i understand it, the anti monitor has been consuming planets and galaxies to prepare for his fight with Darkseid. Even if he is injured, he needs to wreck. I hope darkseid wins with no trouble in the fist fight and batman comes out on top some other way. Either that or hellbat suit is the best manmade armor in comics. I am not even sure Darkseid should be in this story anyway. He is a universal threat, he shouldn't be used for stuff like this, but thats just my opinion, it'll be awesome to see anyway.

Anyway i am excited to see these two fight and what batman has in store for DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Darkseid isn't still blinded right?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. A lot of batfans are also darkseid fans....Does this mean we finally found a subject that bat haters and fans can agree on?

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman must lose to Darkseid

Whether Batman wins or not really doesn't matter to me personally as long as the Comic is entertaining and has nice art I'm cool with it.

People are to hung up on the whole character vs character thing to the point where they only read Comic to look for high end feats for their character instead of just enjoying and reading for entertainment.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet someone is going to use this out of context in a battle.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman must lose to Darkseid

Whether Batman wins or not really doesn't matter to me personally as long as the Comic is entertaining and has nice art I'm cool with it.

People are to hung up on the whole character vs character thing to the point where they only read Comic to look for high end feats for their character instead of just enjoying and reading for entertainment.

Normally I would strongly agree with you. Never cared or got too particular of the whole vs thing as I am about a awesome story but I'm making the exception for Darkseid.

I've always perceived Darkseid as the big bad of the DCU. He's an entity that no one hero should beat, and someone that should not be beaten by conventional means. Even the Justice League as a whole should not be able to stand against Darkseid simply due to superior numbers imo, and would like a more well thought out and unique way of taking down this new god.

Do I still want to see what the Hellbat suit is capable of? Hell yeah lol. But I would rather see Batman "win" using his own cunning and resourcefullness to macguyver himself out of the situation.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

Agreed. Darkseid should definitely win and this shouldn't even be close but Batman should get a few good punches to hurt him. I mean Superman, WW, Aquaman all were able to hurt him and Hellbat seems to be on par with the other Leaguers. But I'm sure everyone will b!tch about it since it Batman even though it was established that Darkseid was weakened and the armor was made by all members of JL.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I agree. Hopefully Batman loses to DS

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91:

Normally I would strongly agree with you. Never cared or got too particular of the whole vs thing as I am about a awesome story but I'm making the exception for Darkseid.

I've always perceived Darkseid as the big bad of the DCU. He's an entity that no one hero should beat, and someone that should not be beaten by conventional means. Even the Justice League as a whole should not be able to stand against Darkseid simply due to superior numbers imo, and would like a more well thought out and unique way of taking down this new god.

Do I still want to see what the Hellbat suit is capable of? Hell yeah lol. But I would rather see Batman "win" using his own cunning and resourcefullness to macguyver himself out of the situation.

I do look at Darkseid pretty much like you do as. . . . you know. . . . kind of like the final boss where you pretty much have to go all out and pull out all the stops to beat him and if you don't give it your all you're pretty much dead.

I do agree with you I would like to see Batman literally have to go all out and give it everything and potentially show us (The audience) something new about the Hellbat suit and some other features it has and that is how he wins against Darkseid, or ad least tie with him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess there'd be no story if Darkseid stomped though. Side note, that art is awesome.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Superman is gonna show up at some point in the story to lend a hand.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree Darkseid should definitely win if not stomp though I won't mind if Bruce gets a few shots in before he inevitably goes down. Funny how everyone ITT and most Batman fans in general agree Bruce should lose but we're always generalized as obnoxious fanboys who want Batman to beat everyone, hopefully this thread puts an end to that stupidity.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@black_arrow: Which really makes no sense. He was driven back but didn't seem that badly hurt...

Yeah this doesn´t make sense but it is the explanation. I think that we should be more worried that the JL left Darkseid in a coma (or something like that).

Mellosassymel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid wants to stop Batman from taking his son back. I think it goes without saying Darkseid is gonna get a whooping but then so is Batman.

People complained about post crisis batman but this is the real batgod right here

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

It's stories like these that make deluded batman fans think he can fight Galactus blindfolded with hands tied behind his back.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_waffle: aren't those the kind of fans that DC is pandering to now?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gracetrack

Get him, Batman.

Darkseid sent him back in time with no memory of who he was, tried to possess him, tried to murder his friends, tried to murder him, tried to enslave all life, and now he takes his son.

Yep, it's time to see Batman punch the dark god in his hideous face. Let the hammers of justice fall.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PETER J. TOMASI is writing this comic so anything is possible.He likes to change stuff which I do not like at all.

I must say Bruce should lose really no chance at all.

Then there is the kicker.The suit takes a toll on his body.

So we might never see this suit in action again with that I feel they are going to show how powerful it is by him giving Darkseid a good run for his money.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

PETER J. TOMASI is writing this comic so anything is possible.He likes to change stuff which I do not like at all.

I must say Bruce should lose really no chance at all.

Then there is the kicker.The suit takes a toll on his body.

So we might never see this suit in action again with that I feel they are going to show how powerful it is by him giving Darkseid a good run for his money.

A pyrrhic victory is acceptable

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mellosassymel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mellosassymel

jimmies are getting rustled continue on batgod

only person left for him to beat now is the anti monitor.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I agree. Batman is by far my favorite character but Darkseid one of my favorite villains simply because of how powerful and evil he is, and there's no way he should be hurt by batmans punches at all, let alone lose to him in a fist fight. As i understand it, the anti monitor has been consuming planets and galaxies to prepare for his fight with Darkseid. Even if he is injured, he needs to wreck. I hope darkseid wins with no trouble in the fist fight and batman comes out on top some other way. Either that or hellbat suit is the best manmade armor in comics. I am not even sure Darkseid should be in this story anyway. He is a universal threat, he shouldn't be used for stuff like this, but thats just my opinion, it'll be awesome to see anyway.

Anyway i am excited to see these two fight and what batman has in store for DS.

HellBat is not manmade. Bruce is most likely the main architect of the suit, but we've seen Superman forging it in the sun and even Hepheastus did something to the suit, probably enhanced it with Olympian magic and tech.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jimmies are getting rustled continue on batgod

only person left for him to beat now is the anti monitor.

Oh please, they will have brucegod beat him with a batarang in half a panel so they can focus on his internal monologue.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

This is ridiculous.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Nope. He should and will make Darkseid his b*tch,,,

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haters should read it off their friends so they don't have to buy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Sure. Point is that the armor is ridiculously powerful for a human.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eh. Doesn't matter. Though i'm surprised a lot of Batman fans are rooting for Darkseid. Not a knock against you guys just didn't expect to see it. I think it would be cool if superman showed up to give him a hand. Wonder if Bats has some radion gun to spit of Darkseid.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe Peter Tomasi is writing this, thought he was better than this.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it when Batman does stuff like this. It's just not a part of what I believe Batman is. I wish DC didn't have to make Batman a part of every part of their universe.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

I hate it when Batman does stuff like this. It's just not a part of what I believe Batman is. I wish DC didn't have to make Batman a part of every part of their universe.

I kind of agree, but I think this type of stuff is and has been a part of what Batman is, ever since he joined the Justice League. I think it makes more sense for him to be just a pure street leveler in some ways, but in other ways...it all makes sense, because there are so many possibility for plot devices that can justify it. And it's entertaining as hell.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@sog7dc said:

I kind of agree, but I think this type of stuff is and has been a part of what Batman is, ever since he joined the Justice League. I think it makes more sense for him to be just a pure street leveler in some ways, but in other ways...it all makes sense, because there are so many possibility for plot devices that can justify it. And it's entertaining as hell.

I've always been of the mindset that Batman is one of the most valuable members of the JL and he can accomplish that without plot device armor. If and when I ever get the chance to write JL, I'd have Batman as the strategic minded member, financial supporter. I'd have him bring his psychological genius, money, h2h (against people he could actually fight h2h) and espionage skills and his contingency planning to the table. Batman is interesting and entertaining without Darkseid level armor, imo.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ariesxmasters

@muyjingo:

That is all the writer cares about. Was it entertaining and did it sell, so long as it does that they will continue to do it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters:

The issue is that everyone doesnt find it entertaining and that's why those of us that don't voice our opinions on this site.

Mellosassymel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman fans crave for stuff like this

They want the character to be more like Tony Stark and to have a contingency,device,or plan to deal with everything.

The days of saying Batman is useless on the Justice League are over

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

The issue is that everyone doesnt find it entertaining and that's why those of us that don't voice our opinions on this site.

I mean to most people they liked it, it got a pretty good score on most site around a 8.5 and up and was in the top 25 sold so that says something.

I think everyone on this site is obsessed with the whole character vs character crap. No one on here even reads Comics for entertainment they just read it to find feats and post them on here.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 frozen  Moderator

@ariesxmasters:

No one on here even reads Comics for entertainment they just read it to find feats and post them on here.

That's a mentality which is taking over, unfortunately.