Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we gather up the coolest comic book art that won't actually appear in comics. The reason they won't is because artists often draw sketches for fun or commissions and post them on their websites, blogs or Tumblrs. Some artists even arrange commissions through their sites so be sure to check them out.

Marcio Takara was super busy right before NYCC but he's still posting some art on his Tumblr.

Todd Nauck is still keeping busy at conventions. He posted some more sketches on his Tumblr.

Dustin Nguyen posted a couple new sketches on his Tumblr.

Ryan Stegman posted a five-minute sketch he did of Gwen Stacy in Spidey's costume on his Tumblr. Edgar Delgado colored it.

Chris Giarrusso posted some new art on his website. Some are still available for sale.

Peter Nguyen posted this Jubilee commission on his Tumblr.

Yildiray Cinar posted these sketches on his Instagram this week.

Robert Atkins posted some new art on his blog.

Check out the Phoenix/White Queen commission Jeff Wamester posted on his blog.

Agnes Garbowska posted some cover sketches on her Tumblr this week.

Denis Medri had posted the penciled versions of these sketches before on his Deviant Art Page. Here's the inked versions.

Gene Gonzales posted some more Conventionless Sketches on his blog.

Joel Gomez posted another sketch cover on his Tumblr.

Mike McKone posted some new art on his Twitter. (Check out his She-Hulk dressed as Red Sonja commission).

Freddie E. Williams II posted several new sketches on his TwitPic Page.

That's it for this week. Let us know what you thought of these. We'll have more next time.

#1 Posted by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Freddie Williams commissions. That Superman is fantastic. Yilderay Cinar's Wanda is probably my favorite outta the bunch.

#3 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Stegman has an awesome signature... never noticed it before.

All really great stuff, though, as always!

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22963 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd Nauck is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and I used to hate all the "cute/toddler" covers, but they are definitely growing on me, especially that Michonne . theses were may fav's this week:

#5 Edited by Trevel8182 (754 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I feel like this is so nitpicky, but the way Todd Nauck draws female lips reminds me too much of duck face. I never not see it, and I find it hard to love his drawing. His male lips are fine, just the female lips are always too big I think? I dunno.

Also Marcio Takara continues to WOW me with every single character he draws. He's incredible.

#7 Edited by loQ_on (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really loved BOTH Surfers. Cinar's just a bit more. Everyone rocked it though, as usual.

#9 Posted by HalfGorillaMan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally feel like I'm seeing the exact same pictures every week

#10 Posted by wmwadeii (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow another great week, love Agnes' Michonne cover, Image should definitely have her draw a variant cover issue 125 hint hint. As always wish more artists would also submit to deviantArt so I could feature them in my weekly picks.

#11 Edited by funckygarcon (266 posts) - - Show Bio
ROCK THAT

my favorite, due to creativity.

#12 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Phillip Tan disappeared off the face of the earth?

#13 Posted by NoahMcnasty (43 posts) - - Show Bio

how is Freddie Williams not constantly working on a top tier title

#14 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, no Brett Booth? His work is always so awesome.

#15 Posted by Pokeysteve (8657 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....just wow.

#16 Edited by HushoftheWind (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

correct me if im wrong but there was 1 X-23 pic, how did she get mention in the title?

#17 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

@hushofthewind: She's the front page promo. Scarlet Witch is the News page thumbnail. That's usually how the first and last character mentioned is selected.

#19 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat Jubilee

#20 Posted by Bloxxeh (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat Shazam

#22 Posted by movieartman (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

For anyone looking for some philip tan work check this out

https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/312316_10200150794199984_1785355612_n.jpg

#23 Posted by Jaymundo (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Freddie Williams has just blown me away!

#25 Posted by reaperOnyx (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

Freddie Williams makes beautiful artwork. I especially love his silver surfer

#27 Posted by impossibilly (893 posts) - - Show Bio

That Todd Nauck Rachel Summers is mine! He added the red outline around her head to match a Jean Grey sketch I bought from him earlier during NYCC weekend. :D

#29 Posted by save.me.now (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Well first off. PULP BATMAN FOREVER!!!

@halfgorillaman: Secondly, some weeks I would agree with you. The majority of these pics tend to be of the same popular characters. Sometimes they'll even just bring in coloured versions of art from a previous week.

But this time around they actually have a bunch of characters you don't see every week.

Atom Eve (probably because Nauck's the artist from her series), Batwoman, Hound Rachel Grey, Stargirl, Mr. Terrific, X-23, and an awesomely done Jack Skellington.

If they would occasionally ban Batman/Robin/Superman/Wolverine pics. The other characters would probably stand out more tho.