Artist Show-Off Showdown #46: Literal and Virtual Voting

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jatinder

Poll Artist Show-Off Showdown #46: Literal and Virtual Voting (9 votes)

Shooting Star by Magistross 78%
Uncanny Spider boy by Mrfuzzynutz 0%
Aquarius by Jatinder 11%
x 11%

Than you to @magistros and @mrfuzzynutz for excellent submissions. I hope the variety of submissions will encourage voting and participation in future competitions.

Closing date for this is 16th March 2024.

Good Luck

No Caption Provided

Shooting Star by Magistross

Uncanny Spider boy by Mrfuzzynutz
Uncanny Spider boy by Mrfuzzynutz

Aquarius by Jatinder

• 
Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jatinder

@jatinder: Sorry I created an extra option that I couldn't delete hence X. (Although I could have tried to argue that was the "Virtual"entry)

@egod Hope you are well, can you please delete he x entry and pin this poll. Thanks.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 EGoD  Moderator

@jatinder: Well, is a relative term. I did attempt to remove the extra slot, I thought I could, but i didn't have that option. Weird, because I swore I've done that before. It can be the ghost entry, it was so good that you can't see it with human eyes.

artgallery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 57

#3  Edited By artgallery

Voted for Shooting Star. I like the humor of it.

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the voting deadline has gone, Thank you to everyone that voted, @egod for moderating and @mrfuzzynutz for submitting an entry.

Congratulations and Thank you to @magistros whos is undoubtedly the outright winner.

Been watching the Jerry Springer reruns so here is my final thought:

(Copied from another one of my posts on FB on the subject of AI:)

Looking at history, when the Gutenberg press was invented, how did the monks responsible for transcribing bibles and literature feel, that they no longer needed to transcribe by hand? Then we have various types of presses, that allowed colour such as Intaglio screen printing etc. then we had computers and microsoft paint, basically AI is just an extension of the evolution of reproduction, so long as It is cheaper and faster, it's here to stay. Sadly the world is ruled by accountants. In my opinion at the moment AI art doesn't have the same soul as Human art. Any one who has eaten fruit from the plant, as opposed to a supermarket, or watched a live performance as opposed to a video will probably know the thrill of fresh and live. I fear that future generations will not now this thrill, and the names of artists used as the basis of AI will be lost. A few years ago my niece commented on a piece of music and I mentioned that it is using a sampled piece from another musician, to her only the recent piece was original. "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain" (Blade Runner, 1982)

Again Thank you everyone. I look forward to the next challenge, whatever form it takes.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatinder: Excellent callback to JS and fantastic job hosting this challenge.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry. I guess it was a good day for whimsy. :)

I should have the next challenge up very shortly. Hope to see you all there.

Happy St. Patrick's Day one and all!

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatinder said:

As the voting deadline has gone, Thank you to everyone that voted, @egod for moderating and @mrfuzzynutz for submitting an entry.

Congratulations and Thank you to @magistros whos is undoubtedly the outright winner.

Been watching the Jerry Springer reruns so here is my final thought:

(Copied from another one of my posts on FB on the subject of AI:)

Looking at history, when the Gutenberg press was invented, how did the monks responsible for transcribing bibles and literature feel, that they no longer needed to transcribe by hand? Then we have various types of presses, that allowed colour such as Intaglio screen printing etc. then we had computers and microsoft paint, basically AI is just an extension of the evolution of reproduction, so long as It is cheaper and faster, it's here to stay. Sadly the world is ruled by accountants. In my opinion at the moment AI art doesn't have the same soul as Human art. Any one who has eaten fruit from the plant, as opposed to a supermarket, or watched a live performance as opposed to a video will probably know the thrill of fresh and live. I fear that future generations will not now this thrill, and the names of artists used as the basis of AI will be lost. A few years ago my niece commented on a piece of music and I mentioned that it is using a sampled piece from another musician, to her only the recent piece was original. "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain" (Blade Runner, 1982)

Again Thank you everyone. I look forward to the next challenge, whatever form it takes.

Ok, the new Showdown is up. Hope everyone can participate.