inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
      Negative Zone madness! Johnny Storm ventures into the negative zone. I haven't picked up a F4 book in quite some time, and I know I've missed out on a lot of stuff, but luckily, Marvel has those sweet catch-up pages to let me know what I've missed out on since the last time I truly read a F4 book, when Human Torch was a herald of Galactus, during Disassembled.

The Good

I enjoyed some of the more action-orientated splash panels in this issue, Hickman's writing is usually pretty strong, but I felt it fell a little flat here. If anything, the art was stronger than the writing here. I really like how Dale Eaglesham drew Human Torch as he was in "flame on" mode. His designs of the aliens in the negative zones were also pretty cool, they all had the same type of coloring to them, so you could tell they were from the same planet, or dimension for this case. A few panels of imagery I really liked, one time involving the aliens mentioned above, and the other time involved the Human Torch.

The Bad

I just didn't care about the story. Maybe I don't understand the multitude of the things happening in here, which I believe I do, but the story just seemed a little beige to me. It's not an awful issue, the talent is there on both the writing and art sides. The book was just ok. One thing I didn't like at all was a full page of the screen of the Fantastic Four's "homepad." (iPad) I thought it was an advertisement, so I skipped it. I realized on the next page that I needed to go back, only to realize that the information on said "homepad" was vital to the story.

The Verdict

I couldn't have cared less about what was going on in this book. It's right down the middle for me. I didn't like it, and I didn't hate it. It's just "meh."

Pass It Up

2.5/5

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By warlock360

That thing with the homepad was your fault though not the comics ;P

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

I liked the book. Not my favorite Fantastic Four storyline, but not bad. I give it a 3.5.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

The homepad's been there for a while, but it's usually in the very back and acts as an entry that supplies information that clarifies things that you just read such as the population of the four cities and the like.

Owenlars2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Owenlars2

i skipped the home pad thing after the first time i saw it only to realize later that it was actually important.  any comic that can show you a full page thing and make you think it is unimportant for several issues is not doing a very good job.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Owenlars2 said:
    " i skipped the home pad thing after the first time i saw it only to realize later that it was actually important.  any comic that can show you a full page thing and make you think it is unimportant for several issues is not doing a very good job. "
    lol... agreed and "boosh"
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Every time I look at that cover I think it's a Sontaran helmet

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " Every time I look at that cover I think it's a Sontaran helmet "
    You just made me think about hitting him in the back of the head, where the exhaust is.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @inferiorego:  lol, would love to see Ben clobber his way though the little guys
    brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By brewski420

i thought this comic was well did and i really enjoyed reading this. I loved the Human Torch solo story. In my review i think i gave this a 3.5 or a 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Meh sums up the entire story of 4 cities for me.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The issue was okay, I've been enjoying this new creative team, but this issue just felt to quick of a read, I was done with it before I knew it, I do like how they try to give Johnny the spotlight at the end, trying to make him seem less of a hothead and more of a superhero with problems but wish they would have gone a little more deeper into that.

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By brendon277

Well you should get another Fantastic Four comic they're building up to something big with the whole Future Franklin and Valerie i can tell something big will happen. I can't wait till they get to that part of the story more if you want the comic for that beginning of the big thing that will go down i think it's issue #574

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brendon277

The only bad thing i have to say about these comics right now is they're a little boring.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By doordoor123

yeah. YAWN! it was boring. waiting for the next arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.