Follow

Emperor Palpatine

Character » Emperor Palpatine appears in 492 issues.

Palpatine is the public face of Darth Sidious, the heart of the Sith, from the time before the Empire, and until slightly after. His Sith apprentices include: Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus and Darth Vader in addition to multiple Dark Jedi apprentices such as Mara Jade. He is a true master of the Dark Side of the Force and is considered to be the most powerful Sith Lord that ever lived.

Bounty Hunter Cad Bane Takes On Palpatine

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We all know that Palpatine is a shrewd and cunning individual.  We've seen the first video giving us a look at the mysterious and deadly bounty hunter Cad Bane.  You can click over there to see more of what the season finale of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" is about.  I'm hoping that we'll get to see more of Aurra Sing in action as well.  I don't think Palpatine is going to be too happy.

Here's a video clip and a couple more images.  The season finale airs Friday March 20, 2009 on Cartoon Network.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Koeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koeil

Really enjoyed this ep alot more darker episode so it was a good one for me. Although really didnt like how it just went "Bam were done" in the end

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Media_Master

That chick has a gun..

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

What is it about Aurra Sing?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

That makes her so damn creepy?  I don't know, probably the plaster-white skin and overly long fingers.  She looks hellish.

Edit:  Just saw the episode.  Easily the best of the season, with the animation, music and writing all being significantly better than normal.  Cad Bane is one of the few good character designs that the series has produced thusfar.  Despite some slightly hokey wild west references in his mannerisms, he seemed genuinely competent and dangerous, qualities that few villains in the series have had.  His voice actor did an excellent job, and I look forward to seeing the character again next season. 

This episode goes to show that less emphasis on the actual wars, less Jedi action and more character-driven plots are what the series desperately needs.  Episode after episode of watching clones blasting droids and Jedi running around can get downright boring, and there's precious little room for creativity.  Bottom line: if more of the episodes were like the finale, I'd care a whole hell of a lot more about the series as a whole.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#5  Edited By EganTheVile1

Seems like Aurra Sing should have had her lightsabers but aside that it was cool to see her in an episode

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

eganthevile1 said:
    "Seems like Aurra Sing should have had her lightsabers but aside that it was cool to see her in an episode"
    Yeah, I was surprised by that too.  She's a hard-core sadistic Jedi killer in the comics, but I guess General Grievous has taken over that role.
    ILoveComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ILoveComics

i hate the clone wars series it makes the Jedi and Sith look so weak. Darth Maul was Sidious weakest apprentice and he was able to cripple a crime orginization. Darth Vader fought THE BEST bounty hunter Boba Fett he almost died from being CARELESS when fett was hiding and shot him in the head but Vaders helmet was strong enough to take the blow, He got tired of playing around with Fett and brought the force into play thats when Fett got the heck out of dodge.  

There was a episode were they had Dooku traped by some stuipd pirates GIMME A BREAK. Sidious, Dooku, Yoda, Windu, Vader, there all in that class were there powers are at the peak of the dark or light side. They can all move EXTREMLY heavy objects like star destroyers, Sidious is especially adept at seeing the future, and mind control so is Yoda, Windu destroyed an entire army of droids BY HIMSELF WITH OUT HIS SABER FOR MOST OF THE BATTLE. The Reborn Emperor Palpatine could create small wormholes that destroyed entire fleets. He's also adept at messing iwth people using them as pawns he did basically destroy the republic inside out and then rebuild it in his image and ruled for 17 years.

ILoveComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ILoveComics
    @Alexander Anderson: I think this series is a travesty especially when you consider how immense the force powers are of certain individuals in this series are and how pathetically portrayed they are. Grevious having trouble with a little kid? GIMME A BREAK He was kicking the crap out of five jedi knights two of them were masters that i know of. He killed three out of that battle. He then later fought 3 Jedi masters all of them were masters he killed two of them and then owned shaak ti.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.