Follow

Dylan Dog

Character » Dylan Dog appears in 1049 issues.

Dylan Dog is a fictional character, star of the horror comic Dylan Dog, published by Sergio Bonelli Editore and created by Tiziano Sclavi. Dylan is a private investigator that specializes in the undead arts, he protects the monsters that are good - and kills the ones that are evil.

Former 'Superman Returns' Star Talks 'Dead Of Night'

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Remember Brandon Routh? The same guy who donned Superman's blue tights in 'Superman Returns'? Well he's back and he's ready to play another comic book related film role. Routh will be starring in the film adaptation of Dylan Dog where he will be playing the leading role. The film will be titled

'Dead of Night,' which is close to receiving an 'R' rating from the MPAA. Routh expressed in an interview with MTV that he would really like to see the film version of this comic receive a PG-13 rating so that a wider audience will have the opportunity to see it.

“The comic property would probably be rated ‘R,’ we’re going for a PG-13 so more people can enjoy the film...It’s [not just] gore and horror, it’s a lot more straight action, with a bit of comedy.”

Have you guys ever read any of Tiziano Sclavi's comics? Are you looking forward to seeing this play out on the big screen? 

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dondasch

I have absolutely no idea what this is.  Time to go do some digging.

Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Isn't he supposed to be in Scott Pilgrim too?

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LastSon1027

As long as he isn't in anymore Superman Movies I don't care what he does.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondasch

Well, gave this a good look over and seems interesting.  I could see myself going to see it when it comes out.  The usual rules of directing team paying attention to the characters apply though.  I love the multiculturalism of the Italian writing team creating an English character based in London.  Looks like it has good possibilities.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5  Edited By No_Name_
    @Anderson: Agent of SMITH said:
    " Isn't he supposed to be in Scott Pilgrim too? "
    Yes.
    Thimulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thimulus

I have huge collection of Dylan Dog comics at home. Reason for that is that I am living in EU (specifically in Slovenia whic is really small country betwen Italy and Austria) and there is practily huge market of Italian and French comics. Yes there are also American and Japanese comics but not as many as Italian. Reason that I am so huge Sclavi's fan is because his stories are well written full of gore, comedy, horror, sex and spooky twists at the end of each story.
    Each issue is also self containing stoy abaut 90 or 100 pages long. Anyway good job Babs in opening topics like this and those abaut japanese mangas ...

Reaper 13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Reaper 13

I have no bloody clue what this is all about.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By jefprice

I had quite a bit of these but sold them awhile back. Never read them though. I'll most likely go see the film.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Media_Master

never heard of it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.