Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9505 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Will Nightwing's old friends come back soon?

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RitchieB

Ive noticed that DC has re-introduced a lot of characters lately. do you think some old friend or enemies will come back into dick's life soon? maybe Wally or Donna? anyway in case you missed it, here is a link showing new characters that will be re-introduced into the New 52. notice most have been announced in the past 2 months.

http://www.dccomics.com/tags/whats-new-in-the-new-52

in case you dont want to follow the link new characters include

Cheshire,Dr. Phosphorus, Bronze Tiger, Nightmare Nurse, Lady Vic, Cyborg Superman, Relic,and Joker's Daughter

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd feel more confident about it happening if DC had done more to give him links to his current-old friends:

Cyborg- The two have yet to interact, and I don't think we even know if Vic was once on a team with Dick.

Kori- Two have yet to interact, but we do know they worked together in the past and had a relationship.

Roy- Two have yet to interact, but we know they once worked together. However, Roy, like Tim, seems far closer to Jason than he currently is to Dick.

Raven- Heck she might as well be a completely different character, or a version that's had her past before her time with Tim's Titans erased. No known connection to Dick Grayson at all.

DC

I mean, that's 4 members of the all star New Teen Titans lineup that have been around for a bit, but still haven't been given a solid relationship to Dick. Now this doesn't mean DC can't reintroduce new characters or anything, but let's take them, along with Cheshire being brought back as examples: From what i've heard Cheshire is being introduced as a character from Jason's history now instead of Roy's. Now along with the 4 previously mentioned characters, that's another character that once had a strong relationship with someone, but that relationship is now apparently being lessened/erased. Based on all that, i'd be surprised if Wally or Donna were strongly tied to Dick if they did end up being brought back.

NOTE: This is no way means I still wouldn't love to see both of them back in the DCU!!!!!

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher:

that is a good point. they have really been hyping up Jason lately, I wonder y. However I think that Wally has the best chance in being connected to Dick since Wally is clearly not welcome on the Flash side of things. I think a Nightwing/ Wally team up would be great. It is really sad that Dick has had everything taken from him and he is running out of contacts from the old days. I just wish DC would stop robbing Dick to pay Tim and Jason.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wally and Donna.....sniff.....if we could only be so lucky.....

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garth has already been mentioned. Very easy to reboot Troia by using her old greek Titans origin. I could easily see Troia as an equal of Wonder Woman. Flash comics now has lots of people with powers from the speed force so it is now very easy to bring back a rebooted Wally West who should probably be younger than Barry.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Lady Vic (a cool NW villain) is going to be reintroduced as a Batwing villain now? *sad face* Anyhow, I think it'd be nice to give Dick some normal friends while he's running around Chicago solo. Maybe we can see Clancy reintroduced as his apartment's super or just as a neighbor.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak:

dont you know that DC policy of robbing Dick Grayson of everything he is worse to support their weaker characters

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alak

@ritchieb

:( Well at least Dick still has his train. Nobody can take that away from him

No Caption Provided

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

that is a good point. they have really been hyping up Jason lately, I wonder y. However I think that Wally has the best chance in being connected to Dick since Wally is clearly not welcome on the Flash side of things. I think a Nightwing/ Wally team up would be great. It is really sad that Dick has had everything taken from him and he is running out of contacts from the old days. I just wish DC would stop robbing Dick to pay Tim and Jason.

Been going on since the Death of the Family thing for whatever reason.

I'd love for Wally to be connected to Dick, because they were best friends Pre-Flashpoint. A man deserves to have his best friend by his side!!!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By fodigg

Nightwing's title really needs a draw. I don't see why they couldn't take all these classic Titans personalities that the current TT book is leaving on the table and put 'em there. (Or a Cyborg title that does that.)

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

I'd love for Wally to be connected to Dick, because they were best friends Pre-Flashpoint. A man deserves to have his best friend by his side!!!

Been robbed since before that, I'm afraid. To me it seemed as if Lobdell seemed determined to deface Grayson's character and use the same devices that drew us to him in Pre-52 continuity (relationship to Tim, a team to work with, relationship with Kori, not forming the Titans, etc) to hype up Jason. I'm sick of it

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

@nathaniel_christopher said:

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

Been robbed since before that, I'm afraid. To me it seemed as if Lobdell seemed determined to deface Grayson's character and use the same devices that drew us to him in Pre-52 continuity (relationship to Tim, a team to work with, relationship with Kori, not forming the Titans, etc) to hype up Jason. I'm sick of it

Very true, but you have to also admit that Tim took some of those devices as well.

EDIT: Latest issue of Red Hood showed more of Jason and Roy's past together, revealing that Dick had told Jason that he (Dick) and Roy used to be good friends before Roy got into drugs.

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know why DC just doesn't Have Cyborg, Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy team up for their own book? Push that team to be like the X-men for Marvel. They take in teens with powers to keep them from breaking bad. Besides Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman Justice League that is the most popular group DC has. Sometimes I wonder what the powers at be are doing at DC? Put a decent creative team on that book and you know that $@%^ would sell like hot cakes!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.