Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

why are people still complaining about new 52??

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By batmite1995

It has been 3 years since new 52 began . I agree that the first two years before forever evil had a lot of missteps(teen titans,superman to name a few) but DC has learned n has gathered a number of talented writers like Gail Simone ,Snyder,Brian azzarello ,lemire etc to continuously give consistently great titles.now with the crisis looming in the DC universe many people r demanding pre 52 back. Why? Please enlighten me.

Also DC has reinvented wonder woman finally giving her a role worthy to be among the trinity(superman batman wonder woman). N superman n teen titans are also getting better.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Well, I for one miss a Supergirl who knew how to smile

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batmite1995

Yeah I can agree that supergirl has been angsty most of the time but after the recent red daughter story arc she has finally accepted n quelled her anger and has become more like her older more heroic self(Supergirl 34-35)

Anyway she is getting a new writer which I am looking forward to

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because there's a lot to criticize.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience: like?? I agree it is not perfect nothing is. But the good do outweigh the bad currently. What is ur reason?

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmite1995: A lot of the new origins suck. A lot of the new stories sucked. A lot of good talent was lost. Justice League is very meh and will be for the forseeable future.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batmite1995

I agree the justice league had been nothing but mediocore which was surprising for a flagship title but post forever evil it had reinvented itself and has added a new dynamic with lex luthor in the team.also it has been introducing fan favorite characters like metal men,plastic man,doom patrol etc

On the subject of bad origins which I am aware of are quite a few which ones did u hate?

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TimeLordScience

@batmite1995: it's still not great. New Avengers and Uncanny Avengers >>>> Justice League, at least right now. And I actually like the characters on the JL more so it's not bias.

Tim Drake was ruined, Raven was ruined, Question was ruined, Wally was tuined, Superboy was ruined, Captain Marvel was ruined, Lobo was ruined, I think Cyborg on the JL is a silly idea, Green Arrow is becoming increasingly "CWified", Cass Cain and Donna Troy still don't exist. There's a lot to dislike.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batmite1995

On the subject if teen titans I agree the Scott lobdell run was really awful bit the all new titans is quite good and has put the teen titans on the road to recovery. Also u cannot call green arrow to be cwified just after one issue in the new run. Give it some time then judge it.

On the side note yes question was ruined but Scott Snyder has told that he is creating a series on Renee montoya which I am hopeful would bring the character back to his glory

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmite1995: on Ramirez? Do you mean Renee?

Which reminds me, Renee Montoya was also ruined.

And also I somehow forgot about how horribly the JSA has been ruined.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry I meant Renee she will get a series in the future likely

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on earth 2 was a very good series!

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By righteous300

Yeah I don't know why people act like Pre-52 was perfect. Mainly a nostalgia thing I guess.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Not saying there aren't good titles still being put out by DC, but I still read way less DC books than I did pre New 52. I miss the Golden Age heros, left wing, social crusader Green Arrow and Tim Drake. I do think DC are making some steps in the right direction currently, but it doesn't change the fact that they've chased away a large chunk of major talent over the last 3 years.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking it tbh, it's not as good as before but it's still pretty good.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've enjoyed the New52 since the beginning. I do miss somethings from the Pre52 era, but not to the point where it's ruined my exp with the New52.

One thing that irks me is that they still print "The New 52" on the front cover of the comics still. I mean it's been 3 years now, c'mon DC, we all know what we're reading by now....just nitpicking

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah I don't know why people act like Pre-52 was perfect. Mainly a nostalgia thing I guess.

It's mainly just because they compare the 3 years of New 52 to the entire 25 years of Post Crisis.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: from your username I guess you are a green arrow fan like me! But seriously although I was ticked off with the green arrow series in the beginning you totally have to read Jeff lemire run of green arrow (17-34) people will one day count it as one of green arrow's definitive stories alongside longbow hunters and year one.

But yeah I agree with you on Tim drake but as I said the teen titans are slowly recovering

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because Tim Drake, Scott Lobdell, current Green Arrow, gangsta rap Wally West, Etc.

I can live with these issues though. There's enough great stories in N52.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

people just love to complain

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: from your username I guess you are a green arrow fan like me! But seriously although I was ticked off with the green arrow series in the beginning you totally have to read Jeff lemire run of green arrow (17-34) people will one day count it as one of green arrow's definitive stories alongside longbow hunters and year one.

But yeah I agree with you on Tim drake but as I said the teen titans are slowly recovering

Yeah, I'm a huge Green Arrow fan. As much as I enjoyed Jeff Lemire's run, I'm still not a fan of New 52 Ollie. Both he and CW's Arrow are lacking in personality. Reading Paul Dini's Black Canary & Zatanna: Bloodspell earlier this year reminded me how much I miss both Ollie's partnership with Black Canary and his jovial attitude.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I miss pre 52 green arrow it didn't really affect me when I read Jeff lemire run but in justice league united he acts more lyk his pre 52 self. Check it out I liked it

PS bloodspell was awesome! Everybody has to read that

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i got more to complain in marvel . but im ok with it for most part.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmite1995: Because people hate it and feel it's not getting any better. The people who are fine with it usually stay quiet because they are content. I was definitely not a fan of titans or this over complicated congested Superboy origin. Feels like a cluster to me. I like Justice League for the most part, and flash. I keep trying to get in to titans I have been reading it the whole time but doesn't wow me.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: i agree I am also neither a fan of Superboy or teen titans but the relaunched teen titans is kind of good.fingers crossed

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I miss pre 52 green arrow it didn't really affect me when I read Jeff lemire run but in justice league united he acts more lyk his pre 52 self. Check it out I liked it

PS bloodspell was awesome! Everybody has to read that

JLU has been pretty good. I didn't let my prejudice against New 52 Ollie effect my enjoyment of Lemire's run on Green Arrow. I just think of the Pre and New 52 Green Arrows as separate characters. My biggest complaint with the New 52 isn't even with certain characters, but more how DC does business as a company.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By batmite1995
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmite1995: It's hard not to notice the mass exodus of creative talent from DC over the last three years. Even before the New 52, Greg Rucka left DC over a dispute with Dan Didio concerning Wonder Woman: Earth One, which Rucka was supposed to write, but it was later given to Grant Morrison. And this was after Didio telling Rucka that as long as he was at DC Gotham Central would never be cancelled. Since then stories like this have become more frequent among creators. Like Paul Jenkins being told by editorial the he didn't "Get Batman" after writing a scene with the Dark Knight sitting down. On a podcast with Joshua Hale Fialkov he talked about being at Comic-Con during his time at DC and Dan Didio walking up to his table three separate times to tell him he was going to be writing three different books, none of which he ended up writing. Then there was the whole thing with Fialkov being asked to kill off John Stewart in GLC. Fialkov left the book and DC denied that was ever a mandate.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Because so much of the fandom is love for the characters and their history. Before the New 52 there was so much history involved in the DC universe. Did DC reboot before New 52? Yeah, but there was still beloved moments and history kept intact. The DC universe was much more open and I feel part of the thing that holds the New 52 down is that they aren't all friends. Before New 52 you could sense some sorta friendship.

Do I like New 52? Yeah, parts of it I love and do enjoy. Though I would love to have the old DCU with the history behind it all and the comics that could throw in characters by surprise like the Elongated Man or Sgt. Rock.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: no comic book publishing co. Is a saint. Although u raise a couple of valid points I don't really think that a comic book company's activities will keep me from enjoying good stories

Yeah about dark knight comics. It was terrible n got canceled

Thanks for your insight longbow

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Because internet. Honestly I find most of the whining in the Newsarama comment section. Any rehashed anti New 52 jokes gets top comment.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: yeah seriously nwsarama commentators are the worst fanboys

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: no comic book publishing co. Is a saint. Although u raise a couple of valid points I don't really think that a comic book company's activities will keep me from enjoying good stories

Yeah about dark knight comics. It was terrible n got canceled

Thanks for your insight longbow

Even with the DC powers that be perpetrating these offenses I've still bought, read and enjoyed every issue of the New 52 Batman, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing and Animal Man. I'm still trying new books when they come out; I love Grayson and JLU and I'm really looking forward to Gotham by Midnight and Secret Six. I continue to buy DC books by creators I like, regardless of how I feel about the company's past mistakes. I don't bitch about the New 52 anymore, I read what I like and ignore the rest. I also don't take personal offense to major changes being made to my favorite characters. But when other people do, I can see where they're coming from. Below are a couple of links if you'd like to read more about DC's recent treatment of creators.

http://guttersandpanels.com/gutters-and-panels/2013/3/23/the-new-52-timeline-of-departures

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2013/09/8writer_andy_diggle_quits_action.php

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lack of White Wally West is pretty much my biggest beef.

Jmarshmallow

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

You do realize they already had people like Gail Simone working for DC before the New 52, right?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because no matter what changes someone will always be around to complain about something. Can't please everyone I guess.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because DC still hasn't fixed some of the problems and in some cases have made things even worse.

Avatar image for superbatty90909
    Superbatty90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Superbatty90909

@batmite1995: Im just waiting for them to write a book on the same leave of quality as "The Killing Joke" or "The Watchmen". Or any other Highly Regarded Watershed Book.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Because people always find something to complain about

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.