Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

marvel vs. dc

• 53 results
    deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By deathswitch

so the thing is i grew up my whole life on marvel comics

and me and friends would talk about it would b tight if there was a marvel vs. dc and who would win
    all the years b4 i would say hands down marvel, but now im not so sure.
    recently i have been reading more and more dc
    and now i actually think i might like dc more

but what im getting at is if marvel and dc fought who would win?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By danhimself

dc just has too many heavy hitters for marvel to compete against

deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deathswitch

i hear u 

so are u saying no1 from marvel can keep up?
    Damnation Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Damnation Lee

Hmmm... I'd say it's an even match. Stalemate.

Avatar image for clarkjosephkent1938dc
    ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

DC

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By SevanGrim

marvel wins because none of their characters have boundaries. Every other one of them has the potential to just gain power until their unstoppable. I HATE MARVEL FOR THAT REASON.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Mr. Wilson

lol

Eat Celestials!  Good match though.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By castleking
    Grim said:
    "marvel wins because none of their characters have boundaries. Every other one of them has the potential to just gain power until their unstoppable. I HATE MARVEL FOR THAT REASON."
    are you kidding me!!!!! WTF have you ever heard of a big red and blue hero, that gets retconned every 10 yrs and is increasing in frequency  cause he gets too powerful and leaps off the page...

how many planet movers do you see in marvel not like they couldnt if they didn't want too but they dont show off...

how many times do you see someone surpassing another heroes power who is supposed to be their lay to claim...

mr.superior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mr.superior

Living Tribunal beats DC by himself.

Villelater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Villelater

except Juggernuat! he's cheap as hell!

bloodmist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bloodmist

DC would win overall because the majority of their characters are much more powerful.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    I believe in the end there would be characters from each company still standing.

Some of the characters have a strict code and will not kill other heroes. Superman being one of them.
    bloodmist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bloodmist
    Cezar_TheScribe said:
    "
    I believe in the end there would be characters from each company still standing.

Some of the characters have a strict code and will not kill other heroes. Superman being one of them.
    "

Yo never know, it would depend how heaving the fighting got. I mean even Barry Allen came down to killing Professer Zoom.
    Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Spectrum

i think even mach, too many characters like you got the new gods and then really strong intergalatic characters from marvel..even stephen,,,,, its woul be cool to watch though

deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deathswitch

hell yeah it would b cool to watch

but it would b way to big to film
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr. Wilson

There really is o way to tell but it would be awesome!

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking

i grap my chips and dip place some bets and watch my side win in an epic curbstomp....... at first it would look like myside is losing which is fine till the gods show up then the cosmic then the abstracts.......... all with one big sh!!te grin on my face... and being blow by my recliner with the surround effect moment where i fly back with lights.......

then dust myself off rewind and do it again

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom

This was done before. I think the agreement was if only earth heroes fought, DC would win. If you escalate it into a cosmic war, stalemate.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Too many characters.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By castleking
    AtPhantom said:
    "This was done before. I think the agreement was if only earth heroes fought, DC would win. If you escalate it into a cosmic war, stalemate."
    are you kidding they have no way in a cosmic war..........
    on earth i give you that if the reality warpers were taken out first by a speed blitz of dc heroes
    assuming they all know each other but if it is random the reality warpers would change the outcome
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AtPhantom
    castleking said:
    "AtPhantom said:
    "This was done before. I think the agreement was if only earth heroes fought, DC would win. If you escalate it into a cosmic war, stalemate."
    are you kidding they have no way in a cosmic war..........
    on earth i give you that if the reality warpers were taken out first by a speed blitz of dc heroes
    assuming they all know each other but if it is random the reality warpers would change the outcome"
    If it's random Flash would take out half the reality warpers before the first millisecond, but if you want to read about that go to Dc vs Marvel.

As for cosmics, why do you think they would lose? Dc has cosmic forces and abstract entities as much as marvel.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By castleking

if it is all random no one would no who is who so he wouldnt be able to take them all out.......... then you have those in marvel who dont inhabit the same space in earth that can flash fry minds

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AtPhantom

None of them can handle flash before Flash reaches them. Flash can attack in the first 0.000000001 of a second and take out every street leveler and many others on Marvel side. Then you have powerful psychics on DC side as well. Again, look at the link I posted.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By castleking

dude you got the pheonix then genis vell.. and other cosmic awareness ppl who could react and shut him down before he moved like surfer who moves faster then him in thinking capacity and reaction.......

caption
    caption
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtPhantom

Phoenix is a cosmic entity.

surfer and Genis are also not residents of earth. they have also never displayed ability to think on Flash' level. They can can go insanely fast in a straight line, but then again, so can the green lantern.

Seriously, there is no one, save for the runner who can react like Flash. Anyone with normal human durability has no chance. And the rest come in.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
    Stalemate
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    AtPhantom said:
    "Phoenix is a cosmic entity.

surfer and Genis are also not residents of earth. they have also never displayed ability to think on Flash' level. They can can go insanely fast in a straight line, but then again, so can the green lantern.

Seriously, there is no one, save for the runner who can react like Flash. Anyone with normal human durability has no chance. And the rest come in."
    Phoenix is a cosmic entity who is hosted by an Omega-class mutant that she pushes to the very limits of her powers.  Technically, Phoenix can be there.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By castleking
    AtPhantom said:

Seriously, there is no one, save for the runner who can react like Flash. Anyone with normal human durability has no chance. And the rest come in."
    caption
    caption
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom
    White Mage said:
    "AtPhantom said:

Phoenix is a cosmic entity who is hosted by an Omega-class mutant that she pushes to the very limits of her powers.  Technically, Phoenix can be there."
    Techincaly, Phoenix is dead. If we want to play that game Dc has the Spectre, the right hand of god, the one who fought for the creation against the Anti-Monitor.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AtPhantom
    White Mage said:
    "castleking said:
    "AtPhantom said:

caption
    caption
    "
    LMAO!  Well, I guess that scan pretty much butcher's that theory. "
    Not good enough. Also, Surfer is a cosmic. He can be trumped by let's say Ion...
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By castleking
    White Mage said:
    "castleking said:
    "AtPhantom said:

caption
    caption
    "
    LMAO!  Well, I guess that scan pretty much butcher's that theory. "
    pretty much i never say anything i cant prove he also moves faster then flash on earth
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    AtPhantom said:
    "White Mage said:
    "castleking said:
    "AtPhantom said:

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By castleking
    AtPhantom said:
    "White Mage said:
    "AtPhantom said:

Phoenix is a cosmic entity who is hosted by an Omega-class mutant that she pushes to the very limits of her powers.  Technically, Phoenix can be there."
    Techincaly, Phoenix is dead. If we want to play that game Dc has the Spectre, the right hand of god, the one who fought for the creation against the Anti-Monitor."
    cool then marvel has the tribunal the omniversal power
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AtPhantom
    castleking said:
    "AtPhantom said:
    "White Mage said:
    "AtPhantom said:

Techincaly, Phoenix is dead. If we want to play that game Dc has the Spectre, the right hand of god, the one who fought for the creation against the Anti-Monitor."
    cool then marvel has the tribunal the omniversal power"castleking said:
    "AtPhantom said:
    "White Mage said:
    "AtPhantom said:

cool then marvel has the tribunal the omniversal power"

I stated in my first post here that if it's just people stationed on Earth then DC would win.

If we escalate this battle into space, then we call upon the Heralds, the Gl Corps, the Elders, the New Gods, the Celestials, the Guardians, the Watchers, the Monitors, Galactus, Anti-Monitor, Eternity and Death, the Endless, Living tribunal, Lucifer and Michael, and ultimately we would reach to TOAA against the Presence, and since two omnipotent beings cancel each other out, it would end as a stalemate.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By castleking

not really if we use their feats that have bn shown in comics we can come to a certain conclusion... i also stated what i though would happen you were the one who put restrictions on who should be in this fight not me... on earth alone you still have being like the gaea x man who is part of earth assuming he can be pulled togerther to fight in the battle then shadow king...  then mad jim jasper....
    DC may have brute strength and speed but it is not enough to take the win.... also i was using known main characters who are part of marvel not background fluff....... and if we stop the battle short of the TOAO marvel can still take this with the shear amount of abstracts...

also last i checked their is a sleeping celestial in san fran that makes this battle pretty mute

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AtPhantom
    castleking said:
    "not really if we use their feats that have bn shown in comics we can come to a certain conclusion... i also stated what i though would happen you were the one who put restrictions on who should be in this fight not me... on earth alone you still have being like the gaea x man who is part of earth assuming he can be pulled togerther to fight in the battle then shadow king...  then mad jim jasper....
    DC may have brute strength and speed but it is not enough to take the win.... also i was using known main characters who are part of marvel not background fluff....... and if we stop the battle short of the TOAO marvel can still take this with the shear amount of abstracts..."
    Not really, If we forget about earth for a moment, Dc doesn't lack abstracts in relation to Marvel, Marvel's are simply better known.

On one side we have Eternity, Infinity, Death, Oblivion, order and Chaos(I don't know their titles and I don't care), Galactus and the In-betweener, Love and Hate, the stranger, Phoenix force, Living tribunal, Eon and epoch, I don't know if I missed any.

Over in DC there are The Endless: Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Delirium and Despair. All are as nigh-omnipotent as the marvel counterpart, Difference is the DC one appear to antropomorphised, while Marvel ones appear as true cosmic entities. Then we have the Spectre and Radiant, Vengeance and Mercy, who can be quite powerful when the circumstances allow them. Monitor and the Anti-Monitor, semi abstracts like galactus, representing Life and Anti-life (or something like that, it was in COIE). Imperiex, the embodiment of Entropy, also a semi abstract. The Phantom Stranger. The Source, a scheming benevolent entity which is the source and the sum of all life (which would put him on par with Eternity or the Phoenix force, I'm not sure). then the Great Lords of Chaos and Order, which are exterminated so no point talking about them. And let's not forget Lucfer and Michael, two beings who catually created DC omniverse.

all in all these beings are responsible for the inner workings of both creations, so I don't think wither outweighs the other. If came to here I still think we would end up in a stalemate.
    deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deathswitch

okay all yall are saying is that no one is fast enough 4 the flash

marvel still has quicksilver, u know magnetos son
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AtPhantom
    deathswitch said:
    "okay all yall are saying is that no one is fast enough 4 the flash
    "
    Please, Quicksilver isn't good enough to polish Flash's shoes...
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Scourge
    deathswitch said:
    "okay all yall are saying is that no one is fast enough 4 the flash
    "
    Flash could easily kill Quicksilver :)
    Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By Dark King

why are ppl forgetting makkari or northstar....and if this is earth dc already lost cause of the celest

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad62b7fdcdca
    deactivated-5ad62b7fdcdca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MARVEL and DC i would say are even because dc have many heavy hitters but marvel have many cosmic characters like galactus who would eat dc.there are many marvel universes so maybe marvel wins here it depends on so much. so marvel and dc didn't upset
    fans amalgam was created.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad62b7fdcdca
    deactivated-5ad62b7fdcdca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MARVEL and DC i would say are even because dc have many heavy hitters but marvel have many cosmic characters like galactus who would eat dc.there are many marvel universes so maybe marvel wins here it depends on so much. so marvel and dc didn't upset
    fans amalgam was created.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Constantine
    danhimself said:
    "dc just has too many heavy hitters for marvel to compete against"
    thats DC's sneaky way of cheating :D
    Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chaos Prime

I love both.a draw imo.

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By claws

threads like this should never be made

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By claws

and it would probaly be an statemate there probaly baseically equal

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Ghostshell

$#@! the DCU! @ Down with Robin

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AtPhantom
    Gambler said:
    "

$#@! the DCU! @ Down with Robin

"
    LMAO.

What's your problem with Robin?
    claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By claws

i have problems with robin myself lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.