Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Kryptonian/Martian hybrid

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

After watching a few episodes of young justice and seeing Superboy and Miss Martian starting to like eachother it got me thinking what would child of a Martian and  a Kryptonian be like I assume the kid would be a power house if anyone wants to draw this I'd appreciate it, I'd do it myself but I suck at drawing anything

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

would be uber cool, i.m gona keep an eye on this thread

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

any one?

AFArtist1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By AFArtist1973

An interesting idea.  I'd be willing to give it a go.  No guarantees.  --Jim
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hunter114

It depends if you mean any Martian and Kryptonian or if you mean Connor and M'Gann specifically, as Superboy is half-human and Miss Martian is actually a White Martian. 

The natural assumption is that they cannot cross-breed, but if they did, there would probably be conflicting or merging powers, so it wouldn't be that "bad ass"

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Hunter114: Its from the Young Justice.
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Well, they couldn't actually breed but they made Conner as a human/Kryptonian hybrid so why not? I'd be interested to see what powers the child manifested from the fusion.

Thing is, though, Conner doesn't actually have a lot of the Kryptonian powers. He has a couple but the rest are mimicked using tactile telekinesis.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think it would be more interesting if someone did create a hybrid but it insteadof having the powers of both it was just more limited. Just because both parents have powers doesn't mean it'll have all their powers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm not asking whether or not its possible just what it would be like if they could and I mean a full blooded Kryptonian and a Full blooded Martian 

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @joshmightbe said:
    " I'm not asking whether or not its possible just what it would be like if they could and I mean a full blooded Kryptonian and a Full blooded Martian  "
    Superboy isn't a full blooded Kryptonian.
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Hunter114
    @Primmaster64 said:

" @Hunter114: Its from the Young Justice. "

We still don't know whether Connor is a genetic clone or a genetic hybrid yet... and the DC Database says that Miss Martian is of the White Martian race.

@joshmightbe said:

" I'm not asking whether or not its possible just what it would be like if they could and I mean a full blooded Kryptonian and a Full blooded Martian  "

@TheCrowbar said:

Superboy isn't a full blooded Kryptonian. "

And Miss Martian isn't a Green Martian... She's a White Martian. 

Martians have the near exact same powers as Kryptonians... so if we are talking about a full blooded Kryptonian and a full blooded Martian, it's kind of pointless... if we are talking about Conner and Miss Martian specifically... then there is also the additional power of telekinesis which (depending on the source) either of them would have.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think the OP sort of knows that guys lol, he is asking for us to just think of the possibility and he used two examples, the examples accuracy is not meant to take away from the overall end point.  

Anyway, I unfortunately think such a character would end up jobbing TBH. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

I know that superboy isn't full kryptonian I wasn't asking if those 2 got together I'm asking in general what would a Kryptonian/ Martian hybrid be like 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Primmaster64

Different universe....But you guys are getting off topic, he is asking how would a Kryptonian/Martian would be.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Dose anyone want to have a go at drawing what they think one would look like?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Caligula

you see as an artist there are no discernible traits for Kryptonians they basically look like humans. And really what it would come down to looking like is A: if it's a male, a green superman. or B: if it's a female, a green supergirl.

TheGreenBeetle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreenBeetle

If Miss Martian can shapeshift on a cellular level, why wouldn't she be able to change herself in order to be able to conceive a child with a Kryptonian? I mean, it's probable that the baby would just be Kryptonian/Human if it were with Connor since she would've changed into the same, but in the YJ universe her blood still retained properties of martian dna (as it gave Garfield his shape shifting abilities). So it stands to reason that anything would be possible, really.

BigShane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It actually IS possible for humans and white martians to make viable offspring via artificial means at least the fact that Connor is half Kryptonian is the only monkey wrench i can see. As far as the potential childs powers go I imagine all of the powers both races have in common would be had but i seriously doubt heat vision and mental powers would be had.

StSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StSword

There might already be a kryptonian martian hybrid in dc comics.

The white martian "new hybrids" include a member called Buster, who may have been created with DNA from Bizarro (or maybe Solomon Grundy).

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why were people on this thread repeatedly stating that Miss Martian is a White Martian, not a Green Martian? Besides colour, is there any physical or power difference between any type of Martian?

StSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, there's no real difference between white and green martians.

There might be other types of martians who are different (yellow martians, the pole dwellers, and a race of green faced spider people off the top of my head), and of course the burning martians who were different, but the differences between whites and greens are cultural or just cosmetic.

LewisIsTs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figure he'd be vulnerable to both fire and kryptonite, but perhaps more mildly so than pure martians and pure kryptonians, also, i figure super strenght/speed/heat vision/invultnerability are sure since both species have it, as for powers only one species has, i'd be a genetic lottery, would also make a really freaking cool character we need one, but SuperMartian sounds cheesy

Archaeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter114: They can cross breed, the martians can change their physiology anyhow they like which makes cross breeding with any specie easy

Besides there is a character known As Kal on Earth 32 that is a martian Kryptonian hybrid

Archaeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is actually a character that is a martian Kryptonian hybrid named Kal on Earth 32, they call him Super Martian.

But he has a weakness to Red sun though, not fire or Kryptonite or Magic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.