Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 964 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

New to Batwoman - What should I read?

afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By afierce

Hey folks! I just recently picked up on the current Batwoman run of Detective Comics and gotta say, I'm absolutely loving it! While I found the first couple issues a little akward in their portrayal of Kate's character and sexuality, she grew on me a lot and I think the issues detailing her origin were some of the best comics I've personally read in a while. I'm also digging the second feature on the Question and am interested in her relationship with Kate. They've touched on their past a bit in Detective Comics, but not after the two became supers.

I'm wondering, as a new Batwoman fan, are their any issues you could recommend picking up to learn more? From what I've read here on the Vine, she's been a pretty obscure character and hasn't had much page time, but has she appeared in any mini-series' or books with the Question, or perhaps something showing Batman's first reaction to her?

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lustwish

• Original:
      • Batman #133, 135, 139, 233, 6
      • Batman Family #17
      • Detective Comics #249, 485
      • Justice League of America vol 1 #7, 76
      • World's Finest #90, 136
    • Silver Age:
      • Detective Comics #233
      • Brave and Bold #182
    • Modern Age:
      • 52 #7, 9, 11, 28, 30, 33-36,47-48, 52
      • Batman #682
      • Batman and Robin #7
      • Batman: Battle for the Cowl #1
      • Countdown #38-39
      • Crime Bible: Five Lessons of Blood #3
      • DCU Infinite Holiday Special #1
      • Detective Comics #854-present
      • Final Crisis #4-7
      • Final Crisis: Revelations #2-3
      • Justice League: Cry for Justice #4-5

lots to read bud.
    afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By afierce
    @Lustwish: Wow, thanks for the list! I appreciate you pulling that together for me. I will look into the modern age issues you mentioned!
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

If you're interested in a collected version, Batwoman: Elegy Deluxe is out in the summer as well.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter
    @afierce said:
    " @Lustwish: Wow, thanks for the list! I appreciate you pulling that together for me. I will look into the modern age issues you mentioned! "
    also just so you aren't confused, the current batwoman isn't the one of the silver age

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.