Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23781 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Recent Batverse events mean?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Durakken

Could it be that Damian will take on the identity of Redbird (or Flamebird) and become part of Nightwing's book while at the same time Harper Row will become the next Robin?

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I hope not. Nightwing's book has a younger feel to it, and a sidekick may tarnish that. Giving him Damian now would also destroy good plot points on Bruce and Damian trying to connect.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Imagine_Man15

A part of me likes the idea, but at the same, I don't think it would be a good development in the long run

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

Harper Row being an actual fighter would seem weird to me unless done right. She seems more like ... I don't even know.

That scene where she revives Batman with her car battery comes to mind.

Something like that. An assistant-fangirl.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Durakken

Tim Drake started weaker in terms of fighting so my question to you would be is it that Harper is female that makes you think that she would be a "weaker" fighter.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@Durakken: She also seems to be much older than Tim was when he started, which could impact her ability to get adequate training.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Durakken: Her gender has nothing to do with it. She just doesn't seem like the fighting type from what we've seen. She seems to be more of a techie.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Durakken

@r3d_rob1n said:

@Durakken: She also seems to be much older than Tim was when he started, which could impact her ability to get adequate training.

Maybe, Maybe not. You're thinking Pre-Flashpoint. She could be the same age or slightly younger than Tim.

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Durakken: Her gender has nothing to do with it. She just doesn't seem like the fighting type from what we've seen. She seems to be more of a techie.

Tim was a child detective and was in no way a fighting type either. She is pretty much a female Tim and has shown much more of a fighting spirit than Tim ever did originally so I don't see where you are getting that impression other than that she is a she.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@Durakken: You are forgetting that Tim's New 52 reboot made him an already accomplished olympic athlete, hacker, and martial artist before becoming Robin. As she has a job that supports her family, I think it is safe to say that Harper is already 17-18 and around the same age as Drake. So she would still be at an age disadvantage and training disadvantage.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

@r3d_rob1n said:

@Durakken: You are forgetting that Tim's New 52 reboot made him an already accomplished olympic athlete, hacker, and martial artist before becoming Robin. As she has a job that supports her family, I think it is safe to say that Harper is already 17-18 and around the same age as Drake. So she would still be at an age disadvantage and training disadvantage.

17 at the oldest since she was emancipated

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Durakken

@r3d_rob1n: So? Jason would have been about the same age as well.Depending on how things play out you could also list others that are the same age or older when they started training.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Durakken said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Tim was a child detective and was in no way a fighting type either. She is pretty much a female Tim and has shown much more of a fighting spirit than Tim ever did originally so I don't see where you are getting that impression other than that she is a she.

• "Tim wasn't a fighting type
    • She's a female Tim
    • She must be a fighter"

Wanna re-think that logic?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Durakken

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Durakken said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

• "Tim wasn't a fighting type
    • She's a female Tim
    • She must be a fighter"

Wanna re-think that logic?

She is a female version of Tim in her skills and wanting to help. She is more of a fighter than Tim shown in the issue. Tim wasn't a fighting type.

Also, how can you say she's not really a fighter? She doesn't seek fights, but we've seen that she doesn't run from them. So again I gotta say your perception is not based on reality but on something else which I think tend to be the idea that women aren't fighters in general.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Durakken said:

Also, how can you say she's not really a fighter?

A bad memory. I re-read #12. Forgot that she was going to fight the gang with that badass taser thing.

@Durakken said:

So again I gotta say your perception is not based on reality but on something else which I think tend to be the idea that women aren't fighters in general.

So I gotta say your perception of my perception of reality is bull. And I happen to have just not remembered a particular scene right.

So.... yaaaaaaaay.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I don't understand how people have such a high regard for Harper already. She has been in 1 Batman issue, and had a brief panel in Batman #7. To replace Damian with Harper right now would be ludicrous. Damian is the first legitimate revamp to the Robin character in about 20 years, and so far it has been a very interesting progression. To cast him off to being Nightwing's sidekick would be a vast waste of character development between Bruce and his estranged son. Change for the sake of change is not a good thing. Let Damian's role as Robin play out. It's not like Harper is going to age in the comic book world. If in the next few years the Damian stories have been written out and nobody has a fresh take on where he should go, then go back to Harper. She can be used in alternative roles until then to prevent her from becoming stale, but Robin belongs to Damian right now.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Durakken

@InnerVenom123: Not Bull, your perception was flawed. I assume that people pay attention and remember things. That's often a flawed assumption, unfortunately.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Durakken said:

@InnerVenom123: Not Bull, your perception was flawed. I assume that people pay attention and remember things. That's often a flawed assumption, unfortunately.

I don't re-read the comic I read three weeks ago every day.

Forgive me for not meeting your standards.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By SupBatz

It doesn't really seem like she's being set up for a Robin role. As InnverVenom123 said, she seems to be more of an assistant/fangirl. I doubt she'll take on a role which involves becoming a street lever simply because there's really been no implication of it. From the two issues we've seen with her we've learned that she does her best work not as a fighter but when she works with this "electrical grid" she continuously refers to.

On a side note, as r3d_rob1n said, it is too soon to see Damian replaced. I've loved seeing him as Robin with Bruce as Batman so far and think that there is a wealth of untapped potential for Damian as Robin at the moment - too much potential for him to be replaced already.

And, on one final side note, I don't really think that Harper is all that similar to Tim. The only thing they have in common (as far as I can tell) is that they're big Batfans and they're pretty good at figuring things out (traits shared by many people in the Batman universe).

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YMCMB

I really hope not, I kinda-sorta hate her.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal19

no, id prefer her in an oracle role not as robin. Damian hasnt been robin very long and i want him to stay as robin

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By graysonofgotham

@Eternal19 said:

no, id prefer her in an oracle role not as robin. Damian hasnt been robin very long and i want him to stay as robin

You read my mind. I like her and think she'd be a kick ass Oracle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.