Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23772 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I need help remembering what comic this qoute is from

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UncleEmu

It was a scene where a young Bruce was going to his father for comfort, but his dad said something along the lines of, "If I hold you, you won't learn to stand up on your own." I can't remember if it's form The Court of Owls, Dark Victory, or something else I've read recently.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

Hmm, doesn't sound familiar.

The closest I can think of is that quote from the Dark Knight Trilogy. Bruce's father tells him "Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rick_Grayson

Agreed with Veshark, the only thing i can think that is similar to this is in the Trilogy, it's mentioned 2 or 3 times in the first film IIRC.

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UncleEmu

if this helps, there was a storm, and there was a line about his father "keeping him at an arm's length," or something like that

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UncleEmu

found it in Dark Victory #0

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.