Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23658 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

comic book about bruce wayne youth/ world travel before he became Batman

ghinzdra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghinzdra

Bruce wayne travels around the world during his youth and training with various masters as he was on his way to become Batman are well referenced. However it struck me today that there never was a self contained book - either mini-serie or graphic novel - about this part of his life.

I mean you have

- for young batman learning the ropes: year one - long halloween / batman confidential /earth one/ zero year, etc...

- for the old bruce wayne/batman: batman beyond/ miller`s dark knight

Sure some of the books, especially the ones about his young batman references his training before : plenty of references during the "zero year" arc or in a specific story like the "many deaths of batman" for instance.

But nothing that focus strictly on his training before batman. I m talking about something like "red hood lost days": this book focus stricly on the period between jason todd return from death and the moment he pick up the mask of the red hood, about how he trained under various masters. I mean i like red hood but it seems to me that batman is even more worthy of such a treatment. Considering the heavy treatment of the bat universe (anything ranging from c-list allies to specific relationships) it is unbelievable that there wasn t any book about this.

Best thing I have found so far is"new 52 detective comic 0." I d love to find some more.

I ll take anything ( single issue like new 52 detective comic 0, mini-serie, graphic novel) as long as it s self contained.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Here are a few stories where you can find something about batman's youth (from what i've read) :

Original Batman

• The Legend of the Batman - Who he is and how he came to be ! (Batman #1)
    • Who are they ? (published in Batman the dailies 1943-1946)

Modern Batman

• The man who falls (published in Secret Origins)
    • Year one
    • Shaman

New52

• Batman & Robin anual #1 : Batman impossible (published in Batman & Robin : Death of the Family)
    • Zero year

Alternative

• Earth-one
    silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By silent_bomber

Tao is also set mainly during this time (Flashbacks)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.