Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23668 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and the Outsiders?

Lordzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lordzid

Since the arrival of the new 52 I been wondering. Are the outsiders coming back? Is Batman going to be the leader? old members or maybe new ones?

If I had to pick my group this one would be the ones
    Geo-force
    Katana
    Owlman 
    Metamorpho 
    Thunder
    Grace
    Green Arrow 

Who do you think should be or join The Outsiders

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Scott Lobdell confirmed that the Outlaws are not meant to be a replacement team for the Outsiders which means they'll probably come back.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

I think Dick should lead the Outsiders again. Or have Tim lead them like he was going to do in Batman Inc.  
    I'd be happy with the line-up they had in the most recent run, I found them to be pretty interesting. 

It'd be most likely to have Dick lead them though, since he's not really a part of any teams now, and Tim' s pretty much leading the Titans.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By shawn87

I hope they come back eventually. I've enjoyed reading Outsiders comics. I haven't quite finished reading the most recent series. Love what I've read so far though

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The_Tree said:
    I think Dick should lead the Outsiders again. Or have Tim lead them like he was going to do in Batman Inc.  I'd be happy with the line-up they had in the most recent run, I found them to be pretty interesting.  It'd be most likely to have Dick lead them though, since he's not really a part of any teams now, and Tim' s pretty much leading the Titans.
    Tim would be a leader for it and he was supposed to lead them in Batman Inc. the reason Dick left the team was because he realized he didn't have what it took to lead that specific team
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman  Online

We know Katana will be on the Birds of Prey in a redesigned costume. With elemental woman around they might forget about Metamorpho for awhile

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_tree
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    I think Dick should lead the Outsiders again. Or have Tim lead them like he was going to do in Batman Inc.  I'd be happy with the line-up they had in the most recent run, I found them to be pretty interesting.  It'd be most likely to have Dick lead them though, since he's not really a part of any teams now, and Tim' s pretty much leading the Titans.
    Tim would be a leader for it and he was supposed to lead them in Batman Inc. the reason Dick left the team was because he realized he didn't have what it took to lead that specific team
    I know, I'd be fine with either. 
    Dick's  matured and grown more as a character since then, with his time as Batman and with the JLA, so I think he could handle leading the Outsiders.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    I know, I'd be fine with either. Dick's  matured and grown more as a character since then, with his time as Batman and with the JLA, so I think he could handle leading the Outsiders.
    its not really a matter of maturity though. the jla and the outsiders are 2 completely different teams 
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_tree
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    I know, I'd be fine with either. Dick's  matured and grown more as a character since then, with his time as Batman and with the JLA, so I think he could handle leading the Outsiders.
    its not really a matter of maturity though. the jla and the outsiders are 2 completely different teams 
    It takes maturity and leadership skills to lead a team, both of which Dick has learned and honed in in his past couple of years as Batman. 
    What I'm getting at is that he's perfectly capable of returning, and leading them again.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    It takes maturity and leadership skills to lead a team, both of which Dick has learned and honed in in his past couple of years as Batman. What I'm getting at is that he's perfectly capable of returning, and leading them again.
     yeah i got that and i disagree 
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_tree
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    It takes maturity and leadership skills to lead a team, both of which Dick has learned and honed in in his past couple of years as Batman. What I'm getting at is that he's perfectly capable of returning, and leading them again.
    Haha, okay.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    Haha, okay.
    just think about it  in theory thing would work all well and fine but the outsiders arent the justice league, they are a group of borderline anti-heroes who have to isolate themselves and are demonized from the world to do their job, not to mention they hardly get along with each other. superman has maturity and leadership skills  can you conceive him leading the Outsiders? my point is Dick is to normal to be an outsider
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_tree
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: I can see where you're coming from. I still think he could come back, but I feel for your opinion. 
    The way you stated it, Tim would be the better choice, and I'd actually prefer that, I just don't see him leading two teams. 
    But Tim is far more hardcore, and has crossed a few lines during his Red Robin series, so I could see him leading the team. It's just a matter of wether or not they'll all listen to a teenager.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The_Tree said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: I can see where you're coming from. I still think he could come back, but I feel for your opinion. The way you stated it, Tim would be the better choice, and I'd actually prefer that, I just don't see him leading two teams. But Tim is far more hardcore, and has crossed a few lines during his Red Robin series, so I could see him leading the team. It's just a matter of wether or not they'll all listen to a teenager.
    i have no problem with Dick being on the team, i just dont think he has what it takes to truly lead them. 
    The Outsiders actually seemed to be excited for Tim to lead them. then again this is a relatively stable version of the team

Red Robin and the Outsiders
    Red Robin and the Outsiders
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_tree
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: That stability remark was pretty funny.  But yeah, I'd love to see him lead them in an ongoing. 
    Although I'm doubtful that that'll ever happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.