Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23660 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batfans will enjoy Justice League War more than the novel

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The story itself was always average I thought, but Batman is a million times better written in this film than he is in the book Justice League Origins, which is hardly surprising since the book is written by Geoff Johns. Enjoyed his showing in the film and the film as a whole. Thought you guys might like to know.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did you see the movie already?

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He is more of a detective, but how come Batman fan-boys only care when Batman isn't the smartest guy in the room, but when he's taking a punch from Darkseid he's in character?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: amazon and itune have them i think it about 15 bucks

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@superguy1591: We dont care that Batman isnt the smartest in the room our problem is when he is written out of character a simple example is when Aquaman appears and says "i dont see a leader" now Batman repley should be to ignore it all together and formulate a plan thus keeping the group on point and not allowing a new voice to cause discord within the group but instead Batman says "Than your not looking at me" which sets Hal off which in turn waste time they could be using to help people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Yeah that really ticked me off. Johns is crap at writing batman. I don't think he understands the character.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's always through comicvine that I remember about the new DC animated movies and when I can find them online. Gonna watch it now.

EDIT: Voice actor for Hal Jordan is freaking terrible. Sounds like his voice is constantly cracking, like he's going through puberty or something.

That being said, I always laugh whenever Batman knicks his lantern ring.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Transformers1024

From the trailer and clip Batman seems very dull and boring. It's like all the rich energy wasn't there. Was so un-anti-climatic.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well maybe he may actually do something unlike in the novel.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordoftheNorth

Ok shall the movie it was better than the comic to say the least but I never grew attached to the new Batman voice thankfuly his time was split between the other members thou that deos worry me for the Batman and Son movie and i still dont get why Batman goes on stage with the rest of the JL this isnt the Silver age he has a freaking city to protect he wouldnt waste his time with that shit plus that silly fight scene with Superman was superfulous

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren
    Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@saren: Yea that's what I meant! Wow. Got my wisdom teeth out this morning and haven't been thinking straight all day.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the trailer and clip Batman seems very dull and boring. It's like all the rich energy wasn't there. Was so un-anti-climatic.

Was just about to say the same thing. His voice sounded so unemotional and wooden. Too logical if that makes any sense. he was kind of like a computer describing things as they were going on, but at the same time I didn't necessarily hate the voice. At the very least the low pitch was right for the character.

Great movie though, and a nice teaser at the end. Everyone had a chance to shine and I actually got a feel for each character separately. Love that scene at the end where they're all talking amongst each other about how they're not friends and it's a one time thing and such. Nice contrast to the Silver Age where they were all buddy buddy. In fact with the President being there it reminded me of JFK giving his speech at the end of JL Frontier.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is more of a detective, but how come Batman fan-boys only care when Batman isn't the smartest guy in the room, but when he's taking a punch from Darkseid he's in character?

Why do you seem to live in a Batman forum when you said you hate him? Your obsession with him can't be healthy.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not about taking a punch, its about contributing something to the team, which John's Batman rarely does. Anyways did you like New 52 JL origin? Cause apart from being a awful story, Superman was treated worse than Batman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Superguy1591

@rustyroy: Buddy, like I've been telling Bat-fans, Superman has done nothing in the JL, but Superman fans aren't acting like Johns needs to be hung in the middle of DC headquarters for Johns not making Superman have a stronger role. The most significant thing Superman has done in JL is kill a guy. Cyborg and Aquaman are the only ones that have featured in the JL so far.

@jack_donaghy: See the response below yours.

@conradoaccorsi: Don't hate Batman, I hate BatGOD. And this is in the gen. discussion area, I'm not trolling the Batman forum trying to start arguments. Also, yes, we're talking about the movie. Batman took some hits that he's not supposed to.

@lordofthenorth: But they were supposed to be younger and immature, hence why Superman is a hot head.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Well just because you guys don't complain doesn't mean others can't or won't.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By PapiNacho

@superguy1591: To be honest, Batman shouldn't be taking punches but Darkseid, but Flash should also not be able to poke one of his eyes out with a wrench. Power levels are always off, especially in a movie meant to emphasize the Justice League. They all have to look awesome and they all did in the movie, in the book not so much. Nobody wanted him to take hits from Darkseid either we just want him to do something and not let Hal Jordan walk all over him. Batman needs to be inventive. With respect to Superman John's has a different history with the character, he has written him well in his Superman run and his character is respected by everyone in the team. I mean I don't think John's hates Batman, i just don't agree with his idea that Batman should just be a guy in a suit hanging out with people who outclass him in every way.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: true but immaturity isnt something i connect to Batman the man just spent the majority of his life training his body and mind to human perfection and yet some how even thou something like that would take an insane amount of patence and maturity early batman is suppose to be angier and immature sorry but i dont buy into that

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
    DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the movie was pretty damn good. Having read the arc, I liked a lot of the dialogue/scenes they pulled from the comics.

I liked how they worked shazam into the story, though I still would have preferred aquaman over him, but I can understand the need to use shazam considering much of the fighting was aerial.

I didn't like darkseids lack of dialogue or his robotic voice, and at first I wasn't keen on how colorful his suit was but that's nitpicking. I did, however like how massive he was, though hard to explain how Bruce and Barry took a punch from him.

In general he was just weaker, but as most of the animated features are, it's a separate entity from the source material.

I thought wonder woman was depicted very well, I was glad to see the ice cream scene made it in.

It's always hard to get used to the voice acting when it's not the classic lineup, especially when there's no conroy, rosenbaum, or Daly/newbern, but by about midway through I was passed that. I thought it was well done almost all around.

I know many don't care much for new 52, but I personally enjoy a lot of the titles(including most of JL) and I thoroughly enjoyed the film as well. For me it ranks right up with the best best of the DCAU movies.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

The movie was awesome, Batman was bad ass.

To Green Lantern "You mean when you botched my only directions and Wonder Woman lead the charge" "Cyborg showed you a video didn't he?" "He emailed it to me" I really hate you Bats"

Green Lantern and Bats earlier "Looks like someone did't drink their true blood tonight" I'm not a vampire" "Really with all the darkness and that cape, can you fly?" "In a plane" "So you're telling me you're just some guy in a batsuit" *batsmile grabs the ring*

This movie was better than the comic by far lol

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to say even thou it came at the expense of Hal the funniest part of the movie is when Hal first charges at Darkseid gets bitch slapped and a couple parademons just pop out of no where and just start punching the shit out of Hal it just felt so random

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@superguy1591:

I liked the scene of Batman trying to fight Superman but hated the scene of mind controlled Superman fightning Batman.

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally didn't like Batman in the movie. I'm a huge Batman fan, but in this movie it seemed a bit crazy, that Bat's had like a 100 bombs in his belt, could shrug off a punch to his face from Darksied who was not holding back mind you, was also able to plow through super human perademons like they were not even there.

I don't like how much they played him up. Batman is Human. Peak human, let him get a few shots in but for the most part he should do Batman things.

Flash...I'll give him a slight pass, and say on the off chance that he didn't explode from getting hit by Darksied, that the speed force healed him.

As for Wonder Woman....I felt insulted how dumb downed she seemed....

Also why was Superman knocked out from a single blast from Darksied's death beams, but everyone else got hit by them it looked like and just shrugged it off and kept fighting?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally didn't like Batman in the movie. I'm a huge Batman fan, but in this movie it seemed a bit crazy, that Bat's had like a 100 bombs in his belt, could shrug off a punch to his face from Darksied who was not holding back mind you, was also able to plow through super human perademons like they were not even there.

I don't like how much they played him up. Batman is Human. Peak human, let him get a few shots in but for the most part he should do Batman things.

Flash...I'll give him a slight pass, and say on the off chance that he didn't explode from getting hit by Darksied, that the speed force healed him.

Also why was Superman knocked out from a single blast from Darksied's death beams, but everyone else got hit by them it looked like and just shrugged it off and kept fighting?

When did Batman take a hit from Darkseid?

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Nit pick much? Yeesh well you're entitled to your opinion. I really liked the movie personally and found it better than the original source material.

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BloodyNights

@comicstooge:

It was toward the end of the movie, he only got hit once, and it was when they were all basically attacking him at once. I don't have a time stamp because I deleted the movie off of my computer.

@savagedragon:

Yeah I'm nitpicking, but hey that's just me. I didn't really like the direction they took for the movie, but it was a solid 3 out of 5 in my book. I just thought the logic behind it was very sloppy, unlike the original source. But it has been a while since I read Justice League Origin. And I'm not a fan of characters that I like, mostly Batman, and Wonder Woman portrayed inaccurately. I also didn't get Aquaman, and the ending of the movie with the Aquaman Throne of Atlantis teaser seemed strange to me. But I'll see where they take it.

brucewayne22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: the pair of wonder woman and batman is much better than superman and wonder woman

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the movie a lot. There were some things wrong with it though, like how wonder woman's voice sounded fake at times, GL was a prick, darkseid didn't have enough lines, superman was also a prick, batmans voice, and GL's voice. But those are kind of not picky things. Overall good movie, but hurting darkseid with a crowbar was complete BS. The crowbar should've broken on his eye honestly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.