Follow

Apocalypse

Character » Apocalypse appears in 1782 issues.

One of the very first mutants, Apocalypse is both thousands of years old and a monstrous tyrant that has been a longtime foe of the X-Men. Apocalypse believes that only the strongest (whether mutant or superhuman) should survive. His body is a mix of organics and powerful celestial technology, boosting his shapeshifting and other powers to god-like levels.

Has Apocalypse ever been defeated while at his full power?

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorex

I know Apocalypse has beed defeated several times, but I was wondering most of the stories where he is defeated are when he is trying to pull off a decades/centuries long plan together to get the perfect host body, of to prevent him from entering a revitalization chamber, or 
    some other such thing. Has Apocalypse ever been defeated while at the heights of his powers?

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Shadow_Thief

I don't know if you'd count Magneto's victory over him at the end of the Age of Apocalypse storyline (it being AU and all). Mags took him down at the center of his empire, so I don't know how much more of an advantage Apocalypse could have had.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By perry_411
    @Edamame: I think we'll find out very soon that Magneto didn't defeat him. Next issue of Uncanny X-Force.  I did enjoy the AoA, but I would rather have seen him take over from the present on, or just show the dystopia that Cable is always from.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

I'm pretty sure that the AoA anniversary mini was set 5 years after the main AoA arc and Apocalypse was still dead and Sinister was the new big bad

No Caption Provided
    recent solicitations have shown a Weapon X looking very Apocalypse like 
    perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By perry_411
    @Edamame: Yes AoA, I believe he's returned from worse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.