Follow

Animal Man

Character » Animal Man appears in 756 issues.

As a happy-go-lucky hero and devoted family man, Buddy Baker can mimic the powers of any animal on Earth and beyond. His powers come from a connection with the morphogenetic field of Earth, also known as the Life Web or the Red.

Want to start reading Animal Man

CubicTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Well, guys and gals!

I am reading The Saga Of The Swamp Thing now, should get the third book in a week. I also read the first trade of the New 52 Swamp Thing. I saw it has a cross over with Animal Man, which made me interested in this character. So after doing some research, I found out it also has a few horror themes and stuff, which I find very interesting. I love horror. Also, it's written by Lemire, a writer who I really like (Green Arrow, a bit of Constantine, Sweet Tooth and so on). And the cover of the second New 52 Annual. My god, I love it!

So I was wondering. Should I expect something like Swamp Thing, but... the other side around? Swamp Thing is the avatar of the green, Animal is the avatar of the red. They both fight The Rot. Does Animal Man also have these nasty, horror-ish villains like Arcane? I saw a picture of 'The Hunters Three' or something like that and it looked amazing!

Also, I really like the Saga of Swamp Thing and I'm going to read the whole series and then continue with the new 52, reading the first volume again. Is there something like this for AM too? Something that's, continuity-wise a prequel to the new 52 story?

I hope my questions are clear and not dumb or something! Thanks!

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Bump! I have the exact same questions as the OP. Plus I'm to lazy to make an unnecessary thread when there's this one :P

So thoughts??

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By scouts1998

@transformers1024: @cubicturtle: Start reading from the new 52 and if you wish you can go back and read Grant Morrison's run.

If you like the Animal Man Annual #2 cover just wait until you read it, i almost cried!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.