No recent wiki edits to this page.
Akuma is one of the strongest fighters in the Street Fighter series. His the the brother of Gouken, although he has succumbed to a dark power known as the Satsui no Hadou. With this power he killed his brother. After this, Akuma set his sights on Gouken's top pupil Ryu, who he attempts to turn to his dark ways or destroy in the process.
In the Street Fighter II Turbo series, Akuma interrupts the final battle between Ryu and Bison. Akuma shows Bison what the meaning of true power is, toying with him before finally unleashing his most powerful attack - the Shun Goku Satsu - killing him and leaving only him and his brother's student.
Akuma attempts to get Ryu to use the Satsui no Hadou in order to receive a real challenge, but Ryu refuses, choosing to die rather than betray his master Gouken's teachings. As Akuma is about to kill Ryu, Gouken appears from the dead to face his brother. The island they are on is destroyed and the outcome of the battle unknown, or whether or not Akuma survived.
In the "Street Fighter Alpha" movie, there are certain hints to that Akuma might be Ryu's father.
Video game appearances
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival
- Street Fighter Alpha
- Street Fighter Alpha 2
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Street Fighter EX
- Street Fighter III
- Street Fighter III 2nd impact
- Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
- Street Fighter IV
- Super Street Fighter IV
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- Marvel vs Capcom 3
- X-Men vs Street Fighter
- Despite his resemblance (demon), Akuma only fights opponents that he deemed a worthy challenged and does not fight weak fighters.
- Akuma goes by the Warrior's Code, in which he only kills opponents who challenges him instead of picking fights. He believes he commits no transgression when he kills because there are no friends or foes in a battlefield.
- During a fight with Gen. Akuma performed the Shun Goku Satsu, but Gen survived by releasing his soul from his body. Later, Akuma found out that Gen was dying from an illness, he left without continuing the fight infuriating Gen.
- In his fight with Oro, there was no definite winner. It's been speculated that this was a draw, making Oro an equal match with Akuma in terms of being the strongest fighter in SF series.
- His brother Gouken was later revealed to be alive and has mastered
Mu no Ken (Power of Nothingness), which rivaled his own.
- Gou Hadouken: "Strong Spirit Surge Fist" slightly more powerful version of Hadouken.
- Zenku Hadouken: an aerial version of Gou Hadouken. Akuma can perform Gou Hadoken in air.
- Tatsumaki Zankukyaku: "Tornado Whirlwind Air Slashing Kick" Akuma attacks his opponent with series of kicks. Lightning is created by his feet during this move.
- Gou shoryuken: Akuma knocks the foe high into the air and slices its foe as the fist is rising up.
- Shakunetsu Hadouken: Hadoken imbued with the power of fire. This attack leaves opponent burning
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 172 lbs
- Eyes: Red
- Hair: Red
- Skin: Caucasian
- Nationality: Japan
Other MediaFilm and Animation
- Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation