Follow

Starfire

Character » Starfire appears in 2182 issues.

Formerly warrior Princess Koriand'r of the now-destroyed planet Tamaran, Starfire found a new home on Earth and a new family in the Teen Titans. She was once romantically involved with Dick Grayson, and often dealt with hostilities from her older sister Blackfire. Starfire has also served with many other teams such as the Outsiders, Justice League, R.E.B.E.L.S. and Jason Todd's Outlaws.

Reasons why New 52 Kori is actually BETTER than the older Kori

• 71 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e429ca5ed12b
    deactivated-5e429ca5ed12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Let me correct myself by saying that, a year ago, I would've been hands-down incessantly and vehemently voicing my opinions with "Why Dick and Kori belong together" (Blah, blah). Right now, I figure this image of Starfire is a lot better than her previous incarnation. Why?

• I understand that the internet exploded after they thought Lodbell was implying that she had a memory of a gold fish (which is totally not the case), because I was kinda' sad too. But after reading countless other user reviews of both RHAO #1 and #2, I realized this may be the best rendition of Starfire yet! Why? Because she's not clingy. She's not overly dependent on people anymore. She isn't this cry baby who after years of break up and hooking up on and off is still hampering for Dick even if its obvious that she should MOVE ON.
    • Starfire is now tailored to be this free, independent and sexually liberated female force that no one can stop, and we have Lodbell to thank for that. I don't understand why some feminists can't see that.
    • She's hip and stronger now. She is almost leveling herself to he aura of Wonder woman now that she's not always looking over her shoulder wondering if she still has friends or not, because frankly, right now, she's fine being herself and loving herself the way she is.
    • She's as confident as hell, and I don't see why people hate this new version of her.

I love the new Starfire. :)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar

She's not hip. She does needs more screen time with dialogue to really show what Kori is now.

"Hip"
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I love the new Dev dressing Starfire too. What people hate about her is the lack of personality she once had, she's calmer and more collected than her previous incarnation at least IMO, but I still think it's too early at least for me to decide which one is better.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

You forgot the most important reason she's better: 100% less 80's hair.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheCrowbar said:

She's not hip. She does needs more screen time with dialogue to really show what Kori is now.
    The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.
    The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCrowbar: When I say "hip" I mean she's up to beat and loving life instead of being a whinny little girl. She will be given that on issue #4, according to Lobdell. I trust Scott will take care of Kori throughout his run. :)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134

WOW someone said something positive about the new Starfire!!!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

I honestly don't have a problem with it....either way it's drawing attention to the book and to a character who despite what everyone says wasn't that popular to begin with

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

@sisay said:

Let me correct myself by saying that, a year ago, I would've been hands-down incessantly and vehemently voicing my opinions with "Why Dick and Kori belong together" (Blah, blah). Right now, I figure this image of Starfire is a lot better than her previous incarnation. Why?

• I understand that the internet exploded after they thought Lodbell was implying that she had a memory of a gold fish (which is totally not the case), because I was kinda' sad too. But after reading countless other user reviews of both RHAO #1 and #2, I realized this may be the best rendition of Starfire yet! Why? Because she's not clingy. She's not overly dependent on people anymore. She isn't this cry baby who after years of break up and hooking up on and off is still hampering for Dick even if its obvious that she should MOVE ON.
    • Starfire is now tailored to be this free, independent and sexually liberated female force that no one can stop, and we have Lodbell to thank for that. I don't understand why some feminists can't see that.
    • She's hip and stronger now. She is almost leveling herself to he aura of Wonder woman now that she's not always looking over her shoulder wondering if she still has friends or not, because frankly, right now, she's fine being herself and loving herself the way she is.
    • She's as confident as hell, and I don't see why people hate this new version of her.

You sure are optimistic. Here's to hoping Lobdell doesn't disappoint you by making her none of those things that you are making her out to be already. :)

Avatar image for mister_sensational
    Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never mind some of these haters Sisay, personally I totally feel what your saying. These people complaining about the changes that have been made to Starfire's personality act as if prior to the New 52 she ranked in their top 5 women of the DCU list personality wise. When the truth is her character developement was always dependent on Dick being in her life. For example look at how long she remained a "teen" titan after Dick had became Nightwing and moved on. Speaking of Teen Titans, how many Starfire centered episodes of the cartoon were there that didn't also heavily involve Robin? I know it's a cartoon and has nothing to do with the comic, but it still speaks to my point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Yeah I really am optimistic. :)) No matter what Scott Lodbell does, I'm sure it will be for the best of intentions. I've given up hoping and praying that things go my way for a certain character because it only gets me frustrated, I opt to hope for the best and if things go differently I'll just take it as a delightful surprise. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

And its about time, don't you think? :)

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Superguy0009e

Starfire is now tailored to be this free, independent and sexually liberated female force that no one can stop, and we have Lodbell to thank for that. I don't understand why some feminists can't see that.

thats my problem, why did she have to be so sexually liberated to the point where she just straight up had sex with roy? i agree confidence boost is good, but idk about this new "i hate earth and i can do what i want" additude

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

@sisay said:

@daredevil21134 said:

And its about time, don't you think? :)

hell yeah

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Superguy0009e said:

Starfire is now tailored to be this free, independent and sexually liberated female force that no one can stop, and we have Lodbell to thank for that. I don't understand why some feminists can't see that.

thats my problem, why did she have to be so sexually liberated to the point where she just straight up had sex with roy? i agree confidence boost is good, but idk about this new "i hate earth and i can do what i want" additude

Because even though people don't like to think its true here on the vine but in real life some people just like sex and will have sex when ever they feel like it.   
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Superguy0009e said:

She's being rebellious to Earth's customs. It's a f*ck yo couch kinda thing.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Lifeguard85

@Superguy0009e said:

I took it as she is willing to sleep with people that she views as lesser beings (since all humans look alike and its difficult to tell them apart to her now) and that hints back toward her time as a slave, she is a strong fierce warrior, but def has issues due to being in captivity for so long. Thats my take anyway, and I like it.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aero_gt

I never even knew who Starfire was until the Teen Titans show and even then she was the least intersting person on the team even Terra had more of a story than her. Now comic wise and in the DCNU she's not so helpless and yes has sex appeal, but that's really nothing new. She knows what she wants and takes it, ain't no ring on her finger or and this isn't soviet russia, she can do what she wants and that's what makes her a more intersting char. Leave her be feminist prudes._3_

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Outside_85

Shes a cold and emotionless shell that goes by the name of Stafire, this new thing has nothing to do with the old one.

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By victoriancuckoo

I love this post

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By RainEffect

@Superguy0009e said:

Also, Roy is a douche. He's unattractive, and he willingly accepts Jason's seconds.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Roy's hysterical.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By daredevil21134

@RainEffect said:

@Superguy0009e said:

Also, Roy is a douche. He's unattractive, and he willingly accepts Jason's seconds.

He takes what he can get,what's wrong with that lol

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RainEffect
    @daredevil21134: There's a LOT wrong with taking seconds. :P
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iLLituracy

The only thing that's improved is her hair. Everything else is either the same or unappealing.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By daredevil21134

@RainEffect said:

I was kidding dude

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@RainEffect said:

This man/woman speaks the truth, but then again Jason was probably on number 300 so nothing wrong with 301 by then.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daredevil21134

@god_spawn said:

@RainEffect said:

This man/woman speaks the truth, but then again Jason was probably on number 300 so nothing wrong with 301 by then.

I said I was kidding

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

@god_spawn said:

@RainEffect said:

I said I was kidding

And so am I :P

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RainEffect
    @god_spawn said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@god_spawn said:

@RainEffect said:

I said I was kidding

No Caption Provided

My sarcasm detector isn't working!
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@RainEffect: What's to be sarcastic about?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daredevil21134

@RainEffect said:

@god_spawn said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@god_spawn said:

@RainEffect said:

I said I was kidding

No Caption Provided
    My sarcasm detector isn't working!

lol

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mayo88m

I personally like the new Starfire so far. I don't think there is anything wrong with the way she's acting personally. She may be a lot 'colder' than she used to be, but that's just a more adult spin on her really. Lobdell said it himself, how would you feel if you were on a planet far away from home, basically stranded, and all you had pretty much known all of your life was slavery and betrayal? I don't think it's so far fetched that she wouldn't be a little unhinged from all of this. And it fits with the vibe.

Also, like some people have mentioned, Starfire wasn't some huge character before anyway! A lot of people didn't even know who she was before this, and really I think the only reason some people are complaining about it is because the cry of 'DC is sexist' which they really aren't. Now... if only Raven would hurry and show back up. She's the greatest! Buwhahaha!

PS.... I would take seconds too if it looked like that. =/ lmao

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By BatteredArmor

I've been reading starfire since Teen Titans a kids game (honestly her pose on the cover is a very very large reason i'm reading comics today as that was the first modern comic i bought on my 10th birthday) this starfire isn't any worse than the starfire i read all those years ago it's been months since the promo image of outlaws and people have been complaining constantly since Star has appeared in two issues and both issues were incredible at this point haters should do one of two things keeo buying in the book and complain quietky in the corner as they flip through it (cause it's obvious they don't actually read it) or stop buying and stop complaining

ChaosAgentLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ChaosAgentLoki

@BlackArmor said:

I've been reading starfire since Teen Titans a kids game (honestly her pose on the cover is a very very large reason i'm reading comics today as that was the first modern comic i bought on my 10th birthday) this starfire isn't any worse than the starfire i read all those years ago it's been months since the promo image of outlaws and people have been complaining constantly since Star has appeared in two issues and both issues were incredible at this point haters should do one of two things keeo buying in the book and complain quietky in the corner as they flip through it (cause it's obvious they don't actually read it) or stop buying and stop complaining

Exactly. I've found that Starfire has changed very little. Only the people who only know her from the TV series would be offended by this, but that was a super butchered version of her. TBH, before I fell in love with Raven's character, the comic Starfire had made her completely awesome for me and she still is, even in RHATO, which has provided a nice twist and possibly my favourite writing out of all of the DCnU. Haters need to go latch onto Marvel and their lack of female characters instead and let DC continue on its own path.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The Devil Tiger

I love this blog pos. I like the new starfire. I think tmost of the uproar about her was done by people who desn't even see that they sink their own boat. ( "If you're a women who control her sexuality and do what she will, you're a whore and a hollow shell !" C'mon ! WTF ?)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Speaking of which, new issue comes out today. She didn't have much to say in the last issue but did show some support when Jason was praying out of respect, let's see if anything interesting happens for the better.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By ReVamp

@sisay said:

1. She doesn't have to have the memory of a Goldfish for this.
    2. No one says that she's not. The fact is she's pretty much only become a woman who f**ks other. She doesn't have a personality anymore.
    3. Not sure how she's stronger, and she's nowhere near Wonder Woman.
    4. She's confident? Really? How is this relevant?
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By fodigg

@god_spawn said:

Speaking of which, new issue comes out today. She didn't have much to say in the last issue but did show some support when Jason was praying out of respect, let's see if anything interesting happens for the better.

This.

If I were to make of lists where nuKori > Kori Classic it'd have only one bullet point:

• She's no longer stuck mooning over Nightwing and can now develop as her own character

But on the down side there's still:

• The poorly explained/implemented mental deficiencies
    • The change from "free love" promiscuous to "walking male fantasy" promiscuous
    • The 180 on her personality from highly emotional, loving, and loyal to cold, indifferent, and reserved

Not a big win so far. But the preview of the next issue showed her actually--gasp--disagreeing with Roy and Jason and showing personal agency so hey, it might be getting better. She still needs a personal quest and I prefer the emotional Kori Classic to the "fun is lame, I'm going to stand around posing and then trade sarcastic insults with all of you" nuKori attitude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Outside_85: That's because its only been issue number #3. Try not to jump the gun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@sisay said:

1. She doesn't have to have the memory of a Goldfish for this.
    2. No one says that she's not. The fact is she's pretty much only become a woman who f**ks other. She doesn't have a personality anymore.
    3. Not sure how she's stronger, and she's nowhere near Wonder Woman.
    4. She's confident? Really? How is this relevant?

First of all if you go off telling people who like to have sex that they have no personality you'd be one of the most judgmental pricks ever. You think she's nowhere near Wonder woman, I think she's getting there. Your opinion is different from my opinion...get it?

Oh I dunno, maybe she's confident enough to show the world that she's not afraid of who she is what her customs are and of what she likes. That she's finally moved on from the horror that is Dick Grayson. Geeeee....I can't think of why that makes her confident. :))

People post stuff on the internet about these things everyday dude. :)) If it is your sole propriety to question people's opinions on the internet and ask if it is relevant just because you do not agree, then that's sad for you. :D

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#41  Edited By Outside_85
    @sisay: Initial impressions are important, Kory's were very bad.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ReVamp

@sisay said:

First of all if you go off telling people who like to have sex that they have no personality you'd be one of the most judgmental pricks ever.

See, this is the problem with all of you. You think I don't like the new Starfire because she has sex. Why on earth would you assume that? Why do you even think that they're interconnected? For all I care Starfire can f**k every guy in the street.

You think she's nowhere near Wonder woman, I think she's getting there. Your opinion is different from my opinion...get it?

I think she can get there. And what's with the attitude? I can't express my opinion for you, oh great one? -.-

Oh I dunno, maybe she's confident enough to show the world that she's not afraid of who she is what her customs are and of what she likes.

She's not showing the world. The only ones who know about it are Jason and Roy. And if you read Titans v1 you know that she was always confident and not afraid to show the world what she believed in, even if they wouldn't believe in what she did.

That she's finally moved on from the horror that is Dick Grayson. Geeeee....I can't think of why that makes her confident. :))

I agree that her not being over Dick Grayson is a good thing, but why do you have to change the character completely for it? That's rhetorical by the way.

People post stuff on the internet about these things everyday dude. :)) If it is your sole propriety to question people's opinions on the internet and ask if it is relevant just because you do not agree, then that's sad for you. :D

I was simply disagreeing with your opinion. That's the whole purpose of these forums. You either:

1. Create a thread that asks questions and gets answers
    2. Or you post your opinions and other post theirs, where they agree or disagree.

No idea why you have a problem with me disagreeing with your opinion, I guess I should know better than to argue with people who think their word is law.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bloggerboy

The new Starfire seems arrogant or someone who doesn't care for much about anything. Not only is it the total opposite of her supposed character it's a lot less interesting. Instead of clinging on to Dick she's Jason's fangirl now. A great heroic leader exchanged for a murdering sleazeball who talks about doing Starfire with Roy and is okay if Roy helps himself for some.

I miss the old passionate Starfire with her flaws. This new one is just about eye candy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp: I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with my opinion. I just don't like people saying that they do not see the relevance of what my points are because its like arrogantly saying: "You said something I don't agree with. How is it relevant? EXPLAIN GIRL!"

Disagree? I respect that. Maybe its just because you're the type of person who just has to say something if he/she disagrees with something. I'm not here to stick a boot up at someone's throat to tell them that Starfire is the coolest and should be for everyone. I posted this simply because I love her. You come off all weird posting replies that question the relevance of my points? Thats just rude.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ReVamp

@sisay said:

@ReVamp: I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with my opinion. I just don't like people saying that they do not see the relevance of what my points are because its like arrogantly saying: "You said something I don't agree with. How is it relevant? EXPLAIN GIRL!"

Disagree? I respect that. Maybe its just because you're the type of person who just has to say something if he/she disagrees with something. I'm not here to stick a boot up at someone's throat to tell them that Starfire is the coolest and should be for everyone. I posted this simply because I love her. You come off all weird posting replies that question the relevance of my points? Thats just rude.

Not really how I see it. The way I see it we're all here to discuss the "Reasons why New 52 Starfire is BETTER" or worse. You posted your opinion, I didn't see the relevance to the topic at hand or I didn't agree with them (can't remember which) so I posted. There was nothing rude about it. If you don't want to discuss, then don't discuss. Don't get all pissed off because someone disagrees with your opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@sisay said:

Not really how I see it. The way I see it we're all here to discuss the "Reasons why New 52 Starfire is BETTER" or worse. You posted your opinion, I didn't see the relevance to the topic at hand or I didn't agree with them (can't remember which) so I posted. There was nothing rude about it. If you don't want to discuss, then don't discuss. Don't get all pissed off because someone disagrees with your opinion.

I seriously think this is ridiculous to be arguing about.

But honestly, no I'm really not pissed, I'm sorry if you thought I was, I just really have a way with words. I get that you disagree. I understand, I mean, considering my background with this issue, I know both sides and are well versed with both of them in fact, but I will not put down the fact that this is still my blog post, I'm still the author, and whilst opinions are always taken well, in my case, either positive or negative, I really wish you could have approached questioning my opinion in a different tone. I still think it was rude, you might not have meant it, but it came off rude for me. Well, anyways, whatever.

Each to his own. :)

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mfundo

Starfire before the New 52 was awesome for me, it's just that now she has become cold. I want the old exuberant fun loving Kori back, this version of Starfire is extreme for me. She is so forward with she wants and she got it good with Roy and I would love it if her wanting it and getting it attitude was minimised. I still love Star no matter what, hopefully she will go back to her old self.

SecretKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By SecretKnight

I agree with this. I think you got it spot on.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By Kairan1979

My reason to think that New Kori is better - Koru's "fondest memory" from #3.

stepford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By stepford

Yes, because Starfire says she wants to have meaningless sex with douchey a-holes who order her around, we're supposed to take it as some sort of female empowerment. This is not Starfire. This is an amnesiac animated love doll. When she's not begging for sex she's standing around in a thong and arching her back in ridiculos positions. It's the worst kind of cheap lowest-common-denominator male fantasy. Lobdell is a hack.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.