Maverick Incorporated U.S (Closed)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@maverick_6:

As expected the military was quick to form a perimeter about her. Multiple caliber options were pointed at her. "Talon calculate trajectory angles." 'Done' "adjust shields to cover". Of course her armor likely could withstand the bullets without said step. However this was a field test. An exploration of pressent gear and as such she was going to ready to use it. The hexagon shield of hers created hard light projections of varied mass. More area covered the thinner the over all barrier. By sorting out trajectories though she could limit how many hexagons of the over all shield would be needed. The guns were far from intimidating, that didn't mean she didn't consider the threat however.

Previously her armor would struggle under a fifty call machine gun. Previously a plasma weapon could take off her arm. That mentality had carried over to her modern self. She was looking at every opponent as a volatile threat preparing for aggresive action. Of course matters couldn't get better as a helicopter delivered an individual of obvious status. Files showed him to be what she felt was the finest opperative there.

"Just a field test. Recently got to upgrade to my hearts content. Feel like a one woman army. I wanted to see if that statement held up. It's an honor to confront you finally I hope you can say the same." With that she shot forward acelerating to Mach 10 in little time. Her first blade went for the wrist looking to part hand and weapon. The other blade went for a downwards angle looking to seperate the leg at the knee.

Meanwhile an alternate targeting system came up Talon and Victoria swiftly working together to select targets. The Raptor rocket system chambered and released a 'Scatter' a rocket designed to break into twelve smaller rockets. Each rocket packed enough force to demolish most tanks throughout known armies of both earth and space. The heat and explosive force to remove most targets not equipped with the finest of armors. Her targets were the helicopter and the eleven soldiers with the highest caliber weapons. The blast radius of the small rockets likely to thin the numbers effectively. Of course neither act of blade or artillery was expected to provide end game results let alone results at all. She fought hard but she also knew from experience that the opposition was never lacking in their own clever solutions.

IceCrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

Bradshaw looked at the girl, thinking for a moment, but he was clearly very adverse to her living here. One could actually tell this when he spoke. He wasn't gonna willingly allow her here. It was a bit too risky with what he had heard.

Maverick isn't a place for little girls.

Bradshaw sighs as he stooped down towards her level, getting on one knee as he put both of his hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eyes with seemingly great intensity.. "Alright look, I can find you a place. But working here I'm not so sure about, you see-"

"Now, now..." Another voice says. Walking down a path near by off to the side, and coming up to stand up between the two was actually non other than the CEO of Maverick Incorporated itself. A rather large looking man in a suit who stood at somewhere around 6'4 and seemed to hide thick muscle under his suit. His forhead was rather large and he seemed optimistic in demeanor from the look on his middle aged face at the moment. Content and without much worry, as if he was satisfied with a lot of things.

No Caption Provided

He looked at her with warm expression as he simply flicked the cigarette away from her.

"So your the one I've heard so much about. Let me introduce myself. My name is Jonathan Bold. But you can just call me Mr. Bold." He says. Bradshaw looks towards him now, and stands up, looking towards the man who was his boss as he continues.

"I actually think that would do well at our corporation. It's not exactly an the same as a regular base like most people think it is, but I think we'd need someone like you to...help us with a few things in particular. I think we can arrange for you to do some work for us. In exchange, why don't I get you a place to live for as long as you're with us? Somewhere you just have however you want it to be...as long as it isn't destructive or disruptive. Whattya say?"

He says looking rather curiously at her. Bradshaw looked silent, but stern. He didn't want her to work there but clearly this girl's significance caused the CEO to step out of his office to come see her, and personally ask her to come work for them. Bradshaw had an idea of what the man was thinking, but he didn't like it. He stood with a fist clenched as he looked at her fervently. He never did finish what he had to say, but said nothing now.

They both awaited her answer.

------

@jwalser3

"Alright? Well, I'll call someone up and-"

"Not necessary..." A female says walking up. Wearing currently more secretarial clothing then her usual "Agent" look. Moya was decided to be one to see this monster-looking machine that they themselves helped to create. Though, to be honest, she's seen many monsters in the form of men. Some who walk within the walls of this building even.

"Let's take you off to get repairs, shall we?" She says looking him over. "Now. Before I go and sell you a group, Mr. Sondra, why don't you just tell me exactly what it is you need a group of troops." It was only reasonable that she would know, as Maverick was less inclined to do certain jobs. There was a story behind this and in essence, she would want to know exactly what it was that she would be throwing troops into. Unlike many mercenary groups, Maverick could afford to ask many questions. And they would, as more is at stake for a mess up because they are able to be known about by the public and would hate to be shunted into the spotlight.

But, they did have a business to run. And they have and will do questionable things if it's worth it and if they won't be noticed.

Is that senator armstrong ?

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icecrusher:

You can bet your sweet ass that made a character based on senator armstrong.

IceCrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By IceCrusher
Loading Video...

@maverick_6 said:

@icecrusher:

You can bet your sweet ass that made a character based on senator armstrong.

ok? well i think you're going to develop that kind of power

like this

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icecrusher:

Heh. There isn't much need to develop them. But you know, I don't want to comment too much about that. Not here.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_:

Bradshaw scowled under his mask. "So basically what your saying is you're attacking us because you feel like it? Right. An honor in-f*cking-deed." He replies, his sarcasm extremely evident in his comment.

She's gonna blitz.

It was subconscious and difficult to explain, but he seemed to all too well aware of when an opponent could attacking, watching brief, subtle movements or even gathering data from his men. Just from her being here, despite the fact that she was not actually a metahuman, they could tell what she could do by looking her armor over and adjusting themselves accordingly. Information is always key in war.

His reaction was before she actually moved, as chaff simply appeared before him, obstructing her view of him before he was simply gone, having also moved before she threw her attack. Bradshaw had often trained to deal with lightspeed attacks, things that he could himself consciously process. And yet, he was still able to dodge the attack irregardless, despite the fact that she was moving too quick to be effectively seen up close.

"This isn't some duel or some crap. This is a war. One woman against an army, right? First some dimension hopping space demon, and now you? I think we've about had it with people trying to attack us. Open fire."

Shadow Company
Shadow Company

The group of people on her who were first to retaliate were mostly former Navy Seals, and made apart of a sect of Maverick designed for primarily covert operations. Being that they were among the most skilled of Maverick's troops and that they actually boasted numerous enhancements that made them rather blatantly an army of bonafide supersoldiers.

Already anticipating the attack, they'd begun to move strafing, not firing at her, but at the missiles themselves. The higher recoil o their hypervelocity rounds countered by the recoil dampening nature of their weapons in tandem with a superhuman musculature honed to negate recoil almost completely. Moving along at only around 45 miles per hour on foot as they strafed to make sure nearly each individual rocket was intercepted with accuracy sufficient to shoot other bullets out of the air. Needless to say, the effectiveness of the blast was effective in the sense that it was barely given chance to reach them.

"I remember when you could rely on these bullets." He seems to lament, it not actually paining her that she is most likely able to take all of but the strongest conventional weaponry.

He shot at her with nothing more than an ACR, filled with ordinary FMJ 5.56mm NATO rounds that her armor would be able to effectively counter easily. However, the point of his rounds was to distract, not to actually harm her. The intent was to distract. One missile was deliberately left alone among them. The first of them, expertly kicked it aside with the side of his foot to the next. Then it was caught, twirled expertly to control the momentum of the blast and thrown finally to one shadow company in Grevious powered armor, who had ample time to brace himself and strength to hold the missile in place effortlessly.

"Alright, fan girl. You have weapons that have my attention, but even if you stark tech or alien tech." Bradshaw moves his helmet's head ever so slightly as her own missile whizzes by the man's skul from 20 feet away, having been thrown right back at the self proclaimed "One woman army" as the man takes a moment to observe what happens.

"But we work well with less than what others have. It's what we do and what keeps others from muscling in on us. And we have a lot to begin with now. You might want to quite while you're ahead."

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

"I was a fan before I came here today. And still am, figured best run for my money was through you. Have nothing but respect for what may be my finest enemy." She'd faced some tough opposition nothing with a outfit like Maverick however. Even the best singular combat was still singular. Here she was against what likely was the finest army on the planet. Every unit could hold their own against some of the worst foes.

Masking his position and gone before she'd cleared the smoke she found her blade had impacted nothing. It was undeniably impressive, a reaction time that was also clearly better then her own. A frontal attack might never do, she realized she might actually be entirely I outfitted for this test. Most her foes ran or fought these were true tacticians however. Willing to fall back flank and so on rather then simply engage.

Rockets shot from the air Victoria did nothing against her foes, failing to inflict even a slight burn. Again they lived up to reputation and her expectation. While bullets raced toward her she brought up a hexagonal shield halting the bullets before they hit her. They wouldn't of phased her armor but still she blocked it so that she could follow the remaining rocket. Caught and directed her way Victoria alternated her stance dropping into a crouch as her sword returned to a rest. It was a direct hit, Victoria's second layer of shields flickered and shorted out for a brief moment. Seventy five percent of the dammage was repelled by the shield the actual armor took the rest.

"I remember those times to, got to a point though where standard bullets and even light power armor wouldn't do. I've been given a chance to construct better however so I went for it. It's not xenos or Stark please don't call it that you'll hurt a girls delicate feelings." It was no game to her opponents it still was for her however. She was light hearted and playful almost in her aproach to a undisputedly dangerous threat. As the smoke cleared from the rocket blast Victoria leaped into the air briefly spinning before landing and launching another spin with no lack in speed in her movement.

Attack pattern was simple, from beneath her wrists were two small guns projectile size no more then a 9mm. They fired bullets however that moved at her incredible speed, the kind that would make even the most conventional rounds be armor piercing and brutal. Of course her bullets were not simple, upon impact the casings shattered letting free small pockets of Antimater. One bullet would likely leave a crater where the target stood, and the target obliterated on an atomic level. The radial patterns of her motion attempted to pepper the soldiers with such ammunition. Beneath all the play and animosity however was the true Victoria not corrupted and desperately hoping the militant force had a way to at the least get Lioness away from the engagement. That heroic persona of hers however was burried to far down to surface on it's own.

Avatar image for fuchsia_dinwiddie
Fuchsia_Dinwiddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: I change my mind on Samantha, going to use this account for Maverick. Will have a post up and a bio later

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_dinwiddie: Fuchsia Dinwiddle?

In seventh grade you played a game with a boy down the street. A game with drums 0_0

Fuchsia_Dinwiddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Dinwiddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Dinwiddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

No Caption Provided

“It says here he’s defused several nuclear situations in the Persian Gulf. Also says here that he landed a commercial airliner that was hijacked in Malaysia, Dudes defiantly Maverick material!” The two posted armed guards pace back and forth reading a series of dossiers pertaining to a Frank Dinwiddie, an international man of mystery.

“Hey…” a woman called out to them, standing just an arm’s length from their location. “Excuse me, ma’am this is private property, you need to evacuate the premises’.” One of the guards held halting the woman’s advance.

“Yeah, I was just uh…” She started, but the guard ignored her, by forcefully shooing her away from the area. “Hey Charlie…” The guard called out, lightly intervening in the brewing situation. “That’s Frank Dinwiddie.” He said, tossing a photo in his direction.

The guard’s eyes scanned the picture, before double taking on the 5’7 buxom blonde standing before him. “You aren’t…” He started visually confused. “Are you one of those…Caitlyn Jenner’s?” He asked rubbing the back of his helmet.

“You know…” The woman murmured noticeably agitated. “Frank is my alias, which is short for Francesca, my middle name”. There was an eerie silence that momentarily filled the space between them. “Akward…” The other guard sang in the background while activating the elevator to the higher floors.

“I believe they are waiting for you in the conference room, Ms. Dinwiddie.” His words fell on death ears, the young French Canadian disappeared into the elevator, caring only to give a 1 finger salute as the doors closed.

“Dude she totally hates you.”

--

As the elevator door sprung open, Fuchsia slowly sauntered from toward the conference room, she’d never been a part of an organized entity, and her work was mostly freelance. In her work, she’d been with MI-5, STRIKE, and did work with the KGB and CIA; she knew her way around military units, and she’d work with Maverick—provided they didn’t require her to wear any sort of ridiculous equipment.

Avatar image for man_of_ten_billion_souls
Man_of_Ten_Billion_Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_dinwiddie:

I was wondering who that was, but character picture+writing=Sha.

I'll get to a reply.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_dinwiddie:

"I'm not taking this one. I've done enough for one week, thank you very much."

"That reminds me, how is your arm?"

"It grew back fine, thank you."

Nemaz said, holding up his ebony colored arm and then clenching his fist, to test to the dexterity of new found limb, regrown of mechanisms of his own body, along with the rest of his wounds healed without long term debilitating effects from his mission in the recently opened "Jurassic World." Along with him was one of his Co-workers, a Redheaded woman who simply used her real name, Moya Hawkins.

"Well..." She began, a sly smile forming on her lips as she tilts her computer screen to pull up a picture of the attractive blond woman . "Maybe you'll reconsider?"

"No. I have someone to see, tonight. I would rather not be late. A good attempt though." He replies with a smile back. Moya quietly sighes with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Then looked back up. She opened her mouth to actually say something, but Nemaz was already gone, the former seal having left the room

I hate it when he does that.

Soon after, from the Doors, the blonde woman who had met with the guard earlier had appeared through the door at the appointed time. "Hello, Ms. Dinwiddle" Moya begins politely, leaning forward in her casual attire, one of her legs crossing atop the other. "I'm sorry for the...paranoia of the guards. We've had a few incidents that has kept them on edge. It wasn't too long ago, that a woman walked in and manifested a powered armor from apparently another dimension, and then proceeded to attack us." Strange as the tale was, it was indeed very true. There had been two major recent attacks on the corporation, one from an magical alien entity and another simply a woman seeking to challenge them. One of these threats, Moya herself facing without any time to don powered armor or pick up anything more than an ACR with ammunition that was ineffective.

There was a reason behind Moya's telling her of this. Friendly as she seemed, she was also rather intent on analyzing her, looking her over. She'd heard much about her, and her skill. With the increasing number of soldiers, many of them however were synthetically made now, but lacked the intuition, or creativity of a human being. In this age of seemingly amateurs, Maverick favored skill as well as power, and they would much rather have a skilled soldier rather than an unskilled metahuman, especially with them having weapons and equipment that in some ways allowed a human to match or surpass many "extra-norms" as they'd taken to calling them. A broad sweeping term for things that weren't seemingly normal, before this "Age of abnormality." Though, they have had a few successful metahuman agents in the field. A show of skill or willingness to be trained was all it took for them to often join, if there was potential to be seen in what they could bring to the table.

Maverick frequently hired "mercenaries" and other unofficial entities to be apart of their fold, as indeed, they cared little for titles or unofficial reputation. They cared for effectiveness. Her feats had so far already shoed her in, but Moya wasn't inclined to let her know that. However, she had a few, questions . Working with a team is something people hardly seem inclined to actually doing these days, though some things have to be done alone. As for the question of dealing with "extra normals" it was simply an inevitability these days. Maverick dealt with matters outside of this, contrary to popular belief. From simple guard work in Africa to anti-terrorism. Wherever they were needed, and could be afforded.

"My name is Moya Hawkins and as you can tell, we've heard a lot about you here. Particularly in the Persian Gulf. But, my first question is, how well do you believe you do with working with a team? And another question is, do have experience in dealing with metahumans and "extra-normals", as well? Answer honestly." Moya said straightly with the last statement.

Avatar image for kaylen_knightfall
Kaylen_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting with Bastian soon.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: Found a movie that might interest ya if you haven't watched it already and don't care about gore (just the kickass violence truly). It's called Wolf Brigade.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Maverick_6

@_nobody_: Might check it out today. It's my do stuff day? Which includes lots of movies.

@Kaylen_Knightfall: cool. They'll especially wanna talk to you after the whole escapade with the president.

@shanana: awesome. Looking forward to it.

Fuchsia_Dinwiddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

The French Canadian International Agent slowly sauntered into the conference room where a woman met her, which was weird because now she couldn’t flirt her way into securing a contract…. or?

The thoughts subsided when she noticed the woman didn’t get up to greet her, where was the business etiquette? Americans…she thought standing with her arms folded, because she was not asked if she wanted a seat. I mean really what was this a job interview or a crucifixion?

“I’m pretty sure that incident was relatively small compared the feats I’ve heard.” Fuchsia spoke with a slight French Accent, but manage to make a clear faint sentence, instead of her usual guttural hack at English.

“Well, I suppose I can tell you a little bit about my qualifications. Of course you are already aware of the Persian Gulf Fiasco, I got my training in MI-5 in The United Kingdom, and I’ve been pretty much working freelance since I left. I work with a few of my other agents today, they supply me with targets MI-5 deems to risqué to take.” She started, realizing she never truly answered the question.

“All I can tell you Ms. Hawkins is that I take orders well, I’ve done little jobs with big named entities, but I was in charge. So I guess we’ll just have to see, provided I’m what you’re looking for”

Still standing Fuchsia adjust her stance just a bit as if she were trying to think of what else she’d done. “I’ve worked with mutants before, I’m not entirely sure if that’s what you mean, I’ve also done some with an organization called STRIKE, there were meta-humans on my team then. I don’t particularly have a problem with them,” She said, rubbing the end of her frosty elbows.

“Um, may I sit down?”

_Pax_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Should reply likely lot later in the day though, since I'm goin' out.

And then I got this fight in the thread I gotta reply to.

Sentinel_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentinel_hawk: lol yas.

Sentinel'd rip the van in half and find a guy in a Guy Fawkes mask who's like "I'm not Dox, man! He just needed a computer to hack from!"

Sentinel'd be like: "Hack?"

Sentinel_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

Sentinel grew up in the modern world, she's more aware of these things than Solar Hawk, who barely knows what an on switch does.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By _Dox_

@maverick_6: lol when the Mav soldiers show up they'll find an empty van with a computer running a message on a loop.

No Caption Provided

"Run, run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the stinky cheese man."

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By _Nobody_

@maverick_6: I honestly think it was one of the best movies I've seen. A cartoon, yes, but more insightful and emotional than films starring actual people.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nobody_:  Animated movies tend to have a lot more money spent on them then live action movies do. They're generally more expensive and far lees common.

So animated movies usually have to be pretty good because they have a lot more riding on them.

@_Dox_:

Noted and will be included in post.

Edit: Ok comicvine. Keep deleting my posts...

Warboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

Bold had sat in his office, as per usual. He did well to keep consistent track of the events within the entirety of the world. He'd been informed of a small hack of a employee's smartphone, and was informed of it's prompt investigation. A few minutes later, they'd found that the hacker had sent 31,000 e-mails of said employees personal information to different addresses around the world.

It didn't take them long to find out that it was some attempt to access crucial data on their workings and on private files concerning the corporation, an attack that failed due to the entire premise of it. He simply was attempting to access a smartphone, which he did. However, no smartphone or otherwise wireless device had any access to any data on Maverick's database. The best he would find is the employee's personal information, such as credit card information, social network activity and passwords, recently browsed searches and most things that could be obtained from a smartphone. None of Maverick's data could possibly be accessed from the outside because nothing could be wireless accessed, and even if it could be, the perpetrator would have to a way to deal with attempting to break a refined quantum encryption, data that would change merely by the perpetrator's consciousness observing it. It can monthes to break a normal encryption from the government's technology but even then, they knew how to secure their information and with Maverick's personal being mostly from the government in some way, be it military, DoD or CIA ,they had extensive knowledge of basic information security. Enough knowledge that they can defend their information even without "high tech" quantum encryption.

They could have had normal technology and he still wouldn't access a quibit of their data because in essence, they aren't stupid enough to put any vital or top secret data on a wireless network.

----

The van drove through the streets, and the driver was cautious as he looked about, but only a few moments after, he'd heard a police chopper in the air keeping consistent track of his location. The guy had only then been able to realize that the fecal matter had hit the fan then.

*THUMP*

There was a loud noise heard from the top of the car, almost something hit it, or landed on it. Not something like a rock, but something like a person. *CRASH*The window next to him in the passenger seat shattered into pieces, and right next to him was a soldier sitting calmly in the passenger seat, aiming a Five-Seven handgun towards the man's temple. "Pull over." He said straightly. The man was forced to oblige. There was no "cops" style police chase with extensive collateral damage or any gasoline wasted on some adrenaline filled drive. The man had simply quickly and efficiently forced him to stop without any hassle or trouble.

The man was shoved out the car in a heep, pleading that he isn't the hacker. "I'm not Dox man! He just needed a computer to hack from!" The man in the guy Fawkes mask exclaimed.

"Not Dox ey? Well, my friend, guilty by association. You even just admitted to helping him. Your just making it easy for the court to toss the book at you and send you to one of those nice state prisons for attempted identity theft."

Police arrived promptly after, opening the door to the computer as they saw the taunting message and then, they confiscated the vehicle, and everything inside. Meanwhile, the Maverick security soldier then accompanied said soldier, making sure to let the rest of the news, media, the internet and particularly the darkweb know that the man helping Dox was going down.

And he was going down hard for having taken part.

Sentinel_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Pax_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By _Pax_

@_dox_:

Yeah. That's the thing. I am Argus. But that hack would straight have not worked. I know Argus well enough that he would never try to directly attack their Network. Rather, he tried to turn the public against them. Why?

Because Maverick is simply too powerful to fight directly. There is no way for your virus to get in and infect anything, because it hasn't touched any of their security. Because simply, that isn't how hacking works. You can't access anything vital from a wireless network.

It's as simple as that. I even mentioned it in the OP just in case someone tried. It's literally, physically impossible for you to touch anything without actually physically interfacing with their network.

@Sentinel_Hawk: Go ahead :)

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_pax_: This, this is why Armistice stopped using this account. I tried to say something about how he got in without no-selling the defenses, but you literally ignored that without saying anything. There is a point where you have to undersell yourself to have fun. If Orpheus was as infallible as he is in my mind, the entire site would be jumping down my throat.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

It isn't that. It's just that well, your way didn't make sense.

Armistice instinctively knew exactly how to actually hurt Maverick. He didn't try to hack Maverick directly or god-mod me like you are. He just pointed out publically available information in a logical way, and thusly turned the public against them, and caused Maverick's stocks to drop.

I can sell a hack, but I actually have an idea of how hacking works (and armistice an even greater idea). I even did the research before Argus_ and out of curiosity asked some real life sources.

Now, I can work with you, but you have to come me a different way, most likely receiving IC help from Argus, because flat out, it makes no sense to hack something from a smartphone. What does that smartphone have on it. Nothing. Why would anything vital at all be stored on a smartphone? How would a smartphone access anything vital when I mention it's all wired, meaning you have actually have someone in the building hack it by with a physical connection, connecting to the network or somehow get some from the inside to put their data on a wireless network.

I'm not saying Maverick is unstoppable and can't be fought. I'm saying that you're going about everything the wrong logical way, and trying something that wouldn't work.

Meanwhile, the original Dox's methods made him perhaps the biggest threat to Maverick because he attacked all of it at the same time, non-violently using logic and reasoning to turn the public against them rather then direct assault.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: OK, I will admit it. I know next to nothing about hacking. Dox is more of a symbol than anything. But honestly this was borne out of a desire to have "fun" not to god-mod. I apologize. I will delete m posts and try doing something where the rules are a little less strict.

_Pax_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

If you want to try somethig like that, should try a PM maybe to my Argus account.

Otherwise, I'm not sure your gonna get very far "directly" coming at people like that. Dox was never meant to be a "magical" hacker who could take over any terminal or something. He was just someone who looked very closely at things and pointed out the bullsh**. Closest I've seen is you pointing out Maverick just standing by during Animus flying off the handle.

I mean, if you attacked the Liafador palace like that, what would you expect? He was always defensive. He always made himself look good in the eyes of the public.

Violently hijacking a police car and then Vandalizing that is something people like Maverick can easily use to villify you. To make you look bad. You have the name but different methods. Dox could point something out and the legal system itself would come crashing down on you.

But you're trying to actually physically fight them while Dox just wanted to enlighten people and let them decide for themselves.

Then from there, people would logically respond to how something would happen.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

There are a lot of things you can point out to hurt maverick. I'm surprised no one has connected the fact that maverick has someone in Strike which implies they are ok with Strike having a horrifying temporal vampire on its team.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:Hey, yeah...

@_pax_:I deleted anyways, so...

But I do see your points. It's taking some time to get used to this tbh.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_: Yeah, I saw. Im not gonna make you continue.

But basically, I dunno. I considered taking up the reigns but didn't find myself up to the task. So I made my own thing. Something different.

And well, I'm not gonna lie, it takes a bit of "work" to be Dox. I can tell Armistice was just reading everyone's posts rather thoroughly (something that I do anyway) and looking for IC obtainable info for him to point out. And well, that worked. He never had top secret info or eyes anywhere he had no power (like the whitehouse).

I made this place rather deliberately open to attacks but it's bad to both undersell someone's defenses like that. It has ramifications and it basically would ruin the general streak of consistency I'm trying to keep as Maverick firmly planted as a whole in "middle tier" and with defenses that are realistic or based somewhat on realistic things.

And knowing about hacking isn't really as hard as people make it out to be. But Dox didn't (and well couldn't) hack Maverick. He just told people to keep a watchful eye and think. Which is what Armistice as Dox simply did. Watch people. Read the news. Gather info people could obtain or would leak IC. We can PM more private things or just bolster activity with interactions eachother's threads.

I mean, even then, the story can unfold kind of like Argus trying to mentor new Dox, if that's alright with you.

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Argus_

@orpheus_knightfall:

The difficulty in that lies in fighting something that is ya know, bigger than you. And doing it smartly in a way that doesn't get

A) Liafadors to lolwtfstomp heat vision strong force gravity crush

Or

B) Maverick to basically use your owm tactics to desredit you, use physically un-hackable gear. (Trying to hack their exosuits is like trying to hack a toaser. And even then the guy was just normal). Blah blah lasers, blah blah super soldiers, blah blah guns that hit with thousands of tons of force. Because fighting them with logic and realism means they'd do the exact same thing. And so will others.

As for fighting someone who's an experienced fighter who is very inclined to kick your testicles into chest cavity, gl ;)

The mentoring is mainly because your not quite too sure about what your doing. So it'd be completely natural to write.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Antonia

That's actually an interesting conversation. Reminds me of some issues I ran into with Avalon. And that I've seen a little bit in other different contexts.

Warboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright boyz, dis is da place wif all da guns.

Ready?

WAAAGH!

No Caption Provided

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

Yer 'ead will look great on me pointy stikk.

All wun, two, free, four...all lots o' ye.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_dinwiddie:

Moya raised a brow at her question and she was inclined to answer. She was rather used a lack of edicate with the type of people who often came in. A lot of them had either no job at all or hardly any experience with a job.

"Yes, please, by all means, have seat, Ms Dinwiddle." With rather genuine politeness and a rather cool demeanor.

Moya didn't rise to shake her hand, at least, not yet anyway. She couldn't help but to be at least slightly distracted by the woman's bearing of her midriff. It wasn't too difficult to imagine the amount of employees, particularly male, must have eyed her as she had appeared up here. Indicating she was likely used to using her own appearance to manipulate people. Something that in actuality was valued, in some cases, peace was more negotiable with a woman, especially when dealing with children, or other women. She could also make certain types of men more inclined to do as she said for obvious reasons.

She had a french accent and spoke English well, multi-linguists always being in demand, particularly with french, chinese and various middle eastern Languages. She worked well with mutants, who might end up making a large portion of their staff one day. Leadership qualities, reputableand verifiable training and clear experience that indicated she hardly needed to start from the bottom of anything like many others who lacked experience did.

"I guess my question now is, What drives you? Why do you fight? Why do what you do? And of course...."

Moya's acute hazel eyes had met directly with Fuchsia's own with a look tahat was both cool and semi serious.

"Why join us?"