No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I expect we’ll have to wait for Shigaraki to either evolve his Quirk or be given All for One before he can beat Mirio. Although, it will take him a while to keep Tomura down due to his ludicrous blunt force durability and stamina.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I don't think he's faster than Mario was yet. And Mirio has the perfect counter to a one shot quirk that needs to physically touch people. I think this battle will be Shigarakis soon but not yet

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirio should whoop him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

I expect we’ll have to wait for Shigaraki to either evolve his Quirk or be given All for One before he can beat Mirio. Although, it will take him a while to keep Tomura down due to his ludicrous blunt force durability and stamina.

Well out of curiosity are you current with the manga? Spoilers below:

Shigaraki's quirk has evolved (he can now decay things without directly touching people and doesn't need all 5 of his fingers to do it; and he also decayed a building instantly) and he is in the process of awakening. He's also become faster and a better fighter (he's refined his technique). Re-destro even said Shigaraki with the physicals he displayed should have killed a hero or 2 at Kamino and those were basically all top tier heroes. Shigaraki is also exhausted as well from fighting giantomachia and than the liberation army so Shigaraki while exhausted is apparently at that level.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlphaQ

@jashro44: I wouldn't call myself current, I have basically just been flicking through recent chapters for feats due to the uptake of League of Villains treads on the Vine. I haven't even really payed any attention to the plot of the recent arc.

From my understanding the new powers that Shigaraki is displaying is heavily dependent on his mental state and the only fundamental and consistent difference in terms of his Quirk is increased Decay range, speed and the ability to channel Decay along the ground. In coming chapters, after completing his upgrade, he will probably show something that will leave those abilities in the dust, no pun intended. I expect full body usage of Decay that stops anyone from touching him or possibly using Decay on enemies with only with a look. Something like that would be too much for Mirio, but I don't see his current abilities getting the job down. The only real advantage is that using Decay on the ground will alter the position of the earth, so that Mirio, blinded by being underground and intangible, will not be able to adjust his orientation in space and this should interfere with his teleportation's aim.

I suspect that Mirio is supposed to be on at least the same level of peak human that Shigaraki is, just due to his place in the verse. By feats he should just continually beat Shigaraki while phasing through his attempts to use Decay. Tomura should prolong the fight due to stamina and running interference on teleportation but I don't see him touching Lemillion.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mirio should whoop him.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiggy lacks the feats to say he can even tag Mirio. I bet by the end of this arc, that will change.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomura whoops Mirio now lmao

lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How things have changed since.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomura whoops Mirio now lmao

How things have changed since.

You guys really think raw power is a huge game changer? Mirio can still phase through his attacks.

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Mirio's main skill with his quirk is going into the ground and launching himself out. We've now seen Shigaraki not only insta wipe a large building but we've also seen him destroy multiple city blocks without directly touching anything besides the ground with his feet. Mirio isn't gonna have an easy time launching himself out of the ground when it's constantly decaying. Even if Mirio got close, a single touch from Shigaraki will wipe him clean.

lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: As others have pointed out, we've seen Tomura taken out a whole city block without having to make direct contact. One touch caused the ground to decay and brought the whole area down crumbling.

I just don't see how Mirio's going to get around that.

Avatar image for blaccblademaste
BlaccBlademaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: As others have pointed out, we've seen Tomura taken out a whole city block without having to make direct contact. One touch caused the ground to decay and brought the whole area down crumbling.

I just don't see how Mirio's going to get around that.

This, Shiga actually washes this fight with minimal effort.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Mirio's main skill with his quirk is going into the ground and launching himself out. We've now seen Shigaraki not only insta wipe a large building but we've also seen him destroy multiple city blocks without directly touching anything besides the ground with his feet. Mirio isn't gonna have an easy time launching himself out of the ground when it's constantly decaying. Even if Mirio got close, a single touch from Shigaraki will wipe him clean.

Well when I made this thread he had his building feat. He just didn't have the recent city block level feat. But not sure if it matters. Mirio wont likely be deterred by Shigaraki's quirk given his experience against overhaul. Yea Overhaul is a lot weaker than Shigaraki at this point but he messes with the terrain pretty similarly. A single touch could kill Mirio if he doesn't phase through it.

Mirio isn't a contender for #1 because of his quirk but because of his skill. He can't match Shigaraki's power with his quirk he doesn't need to, because his quirk kind of negates Shigaraki's.

@jashro44 said:

Bump since the arc seems done and we got a better idea how strong Tomura is.

Also I made this

https://www.thedailydebater.com/forum/facts-and-feats/respect-tomura-shigaraki

It's a good thread, but I honestly think Shigaraki took more than just one city-block based on the view from the latest chapter:

No Caption Provided

This crater already seems big enough to fill a few in my opinion.

I forgot the chapter came out today and haven't read it. I was planning on updating that thread because Shigaraki probably worked out a negotiation with Re-Destro.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirio still stomps. He is a hard counter for Shiggy.

BlaccBlademaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

Mirio still stomps. He is a hard counter for Shiggy.

Wrong. Go reread.

BlaccBlademaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlaccBlademaste

@jashro44 said:
@asianantics said:

Well when I made this thread he had his building feat. He just didn't have the recent city block level feat. But not sure if it matters. Mirio wont likely be deterred by Shigaraki's quirk given his experience against overhaul. Yea Overhaul is a lot weaker than Shigaraki at this point but he messes with the terrain pretty similarly. A single touch could kill Mirio if he doesn't phase through it.

Mirio isn't a contender for #1 because of his quirk but because of his skill. He can't match Shigaraki's power with his quirk he doesn't need to, because his quirk kind of negates Shigaraki's.

@andromeda101 said:

@jashro44 said:

Bump since the arc seems done and we got a better idea how strong Tomura is.

Also I made this

https://www.thedailydebater.com/forum/facts-and-feats/respect-tomura-shigaraki

It's a good thread, but I honestly think Shigaraki took more than just one city-block based on the view from the latest chapter:

No Caption Provided

This crater already seems big enough to fill a few in my opinion.

I forgot the chapter came out today and haven't read it. I was planning on updating that thread because Shigaraki probably worked out a negotiation with Re-Destro.

Re-Destro is nothing more than a slave. Shiga is the strongest in the verse atm.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

@andromeda101: Well my point was more so we saw Overhaul messing with the terrain. So that's a strategy we've already seen Mirio handle before.

Re-Destro is nothing more than a slave. Shiga is the strongest in the verse atm.

Yea I just read the chapter.

BlaccBlademaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BlaccBlademaste

@jashro44 said:

@andromeda101: Well my point was more so we saw Overhaul messing with the terrain. So that's a strategy we've already seen Mirio handle before.

@blaccblademaste said:

Yea I just read the chapter.

Mirio dies.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shigaraki seems like a hard counter to Mirio considering how well he can disrupt his teleportation, his ludicrously high blunt force durability and his ability to Decay things he comes into physical contact with.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Well my point was more so we saw Overhaul messing with the terrain. So that's a strategy we've already seen Mirio handle before.

I mean, Mirio could still touch the terrain with Overhaul. If I remember correctly, Overhaul's first move was to disassemble the floor and assemble back in forms of spikes, if were Shigaraki's decay, Mirio wouldn't have the leisure to unphase himself after the initial attack since would still potentially spread to him. Chisaki was dangerous in CQC and because of his constructs, but Tomura can constantly affect the entire battlefield in a more effective way than Overhaul could IMO.

Well the way Mirio's quirk works is when he releases the quirk he pops up because matter can't overlap. I don't think he is tangible the second he releases his quirk because he is still flying to the top. I think when his body passes through matter he is tangible again but by that point I don't think Shigaraki's quirk would effect him unless he were to touch a wall or ceiling without phasing through.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101:

Based on the picture, it's an open construction site with a few empty structures and some buildings away, so unless they bring the fight over there, there's no risk of touching a ceiling or a wall. I also guess that depends on how far Mirio has popped up from his original position because if he touches on the ground before reaching Tomura, it's over(He can clear 50 feet based on his fight against Class 1-A, I believe). Still, Shigaraki has insane blunt-force durability and stamina as seen during his fight with Re-Destro/Gigantomachia, Mirio seems more than likely to fall first if becomes a battle of attrition.

Fair enough.

BlaccBlademaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@blaccblademaste: What an insightful post with well thought out reasons.

What's understood ain't gotta be explained. Don't be mad.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. I don't see Mirio safely getting around a town level attack.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomura after a long and good fight. I see Tomura tagging Mirio before I see Mirio putting Tomura down through blunt force.

Avatar image for deactivated-608557dfde16e
deactivated-608557dfde16e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone would like to CaV this ? I would rep my boy Shigaraki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirio would eventually have to deactivate his quirk at some point to do anything. Contacting any matter affected by Shigaraki would essentially one shot him whilst Mirio can't one shot Shigaraki.

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shigaraki. Mirio doesn't have any attacks on the same level as Re-Destro which Shiggy was tanking. He could just touch the ground and as soon as Mirio goes tangible he'd be instantly disintegrated.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rizaadxn: While Mirio obviously can’t level a city block I don’t think shigaraki would no sell his attacks. Mirio did one shot midoriya and kirashima. I wouldn’t say Mirio is incapable of knocking out shigaraki if that is what your implying.

Regarding Mirio getting disintegrated keep in mind once he turns tangible he shoots up from the ground and goes flying into the air. So Mirio would be airborne after releasing his quirk.

That’s why I figured this could be an interesting fight. Shigaraki has more raw power but Mirio’s quirk lets him avoid raw power. In someways they both counter each other. Shigaraki can’t touch Mirio while phasing and shigaraki also messes with the terrain which might mess with mirios timing. All though Mirio has experience against overhaul who does the same thing to the terrain.

Avatar image for deactivated-6060d1922bf05
deactivated-6060d1922bf05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Shigi was just some bum with an OP quirk I'd bet on Mirio. Fact is though at this point Shigaraki should far surpass Overhaul as far as physicals and skill goes. He fought on end for 3 days against one of the series powerhouse and then ended up blitzing people while sleep deprived.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the issue is ever since the destro feat it's had the fan base split on where to put shigaraki.

Personally I feel his city feat is far from casual and doesnt mean he still can't be injured but the likes of current Deku or bakugo and if and when they do hurt him we shouldn't just scale them to city level attack potency. I personally want to see more from current shigaraki to see how he really would stack against the high tier students and lower end heroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Casual? He was literally at his weakest point. He was sleep deprived, had fought Machia for 3 days, and had gone through fighting an entire city, only to take multi-building busting hits from Destro. Who knows what a non limited shigaraki's potential could be at peak performance. That being said, there's a chance we'll never see that considering his current situation.

Donnieboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomura's new ranged destruction should be the thing that does Mirio in.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say because we don't know the mechanics of either ability...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vjbthe3: pretty sure you missed my point, my point was in story if he were to some reason to meet Deku again. Deku would of been able to hurt him with far less than city block busting damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: I merely commented on the fact you mentioned his feat wasn't casual when in a sense, it wasn't only casual, he did it while weakened. your point itself has issue's

1. It's unfounded. No reason to think that way or even assume the situation will come up

2. Even if Shigi got hurt from less, it could've been his endurance and pain tolerance that allowed him to preserve through such attacks. No reason to think anything less will come close to Koing him even if he does get hurt from less

3. Manga is generally progressive, if anything, yes Izuku should be scaled up; not shigi scaled down.

4. It's not exactly inconsistent. Seeing as he fought someone of similar capabilities or at least superior to Midoriya, for 3 days straight prior to the fight. Even off screen, unless we're assuming he didn't get hit the entire three days, his durability is consistent due to that fact.

Again who knows, doubt the opportunity will ever present itself again. The Shigaraki from the liberation arc is not going to be the same Shigaraki that shows up from now on.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shig

Al_Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:)

Al_Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things have changed.

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, looking on this back then, Mirio might have had a chance. Shigaraki's city level Decay destroyed his arm and I was also wrong about Shiggy tanking Re-Destro's hits since he decayed most of the Stress bomb before it could actually damage him. Despite Shigaraki's large scale Decay, it was still a pretty good matchup all things considered.

Current Shigaraki stomps though.