Godzilla (2014) vs Smaug (LOTR)

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By those_eyes
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Rules

Both start 100 feet aaway from eachother

Fight in japan

Winner by ko or death

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By GraniteSoldier
No Caption Provided

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I love Smaug, truly. The Hobbit movies were some of my favorites, and Smaug was a huge part of that because he was just so amazing. Buuuuuut, yeah. Godzilla would laugh at him. This is uuber spite.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

Daenerys solos.

No Caption Provided

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Smaug can really hurt Godzilla. Godzilla seemd much bigger to me and that fire probably isn't going to do much. Smaug didn't come off to well in the move either. The dwarfs really made him look like a fool.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Godzilla ROFLStomps. Honestly either of the MUTOs would probably beat Smaug too. Heck, even Zilla from the crappy 1998 film would beat Smaug.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Godzilla shows him what real fire breath is.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Smaug is smaller than Male!MUTO and has never faced an opponent anywhere near his size; and is threatenable by something that can be launched from a ballista at not particularly great speeds.

Goji breaks his 48fps hiney like a twig.

Squidboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla, definitely would win. It wouldn't matter where they start, or which Godzilla, because he could just step on Smaug, and that would be it. I think we have a mismatch, gentlemen.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This godzilla may be the weakest version so far. But Godzilla can literally step on Smaug. I don`t see reasons on why a monsters which survived a nuked being trow at it`s chest would even notice Smaug failed attack attempts.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#14 frozen  Moderator

This godzilla may be the weakest version so far. But Godzilla can literally step on Smaug. I don`t see reasons on why a monsters which survived a nuked being trow at it`s chest would even notice Smaug failed attack attempts.

He's not the weakest at all:

• 1954 Godzilla
  • 1955-75 Godzilla

Are weaker.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla, easily. Smaug is cunning, but that will not help him here. However, I must add that Smaug is much cooler than Zilla.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MonsterStomp
Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Smaug was awesome but Godzilla is in a bigger league

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla (2014)

I liked the Hobbit 2 movie WAY more than the Godzilla2014 one but Smaug can be taken down by arrows and Godzilla on the other hand tanked nukes.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@theirishdoctor said:

...I love Smaug, truly.

No Caption Provided

What? I do. He's the most awesome dragon I've ever seen in a movie. Godzilla would use those spear-claws as toothpicks, but I still love Smaug.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kyrees
TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor said:

@monsterstomp said:

@theirishdoctor said:

...I love Smaug, truly.

No Caption Provided

What? I do. He's the most awesome dragon I've ever seen in a movie.

You clearly haven't seen Dragonheart then.

Okay, VISUALLY he's the most awesome Dragon I've ever seen in a movie. Draco is awesome, no doubt, but visually he is...less than impressive.

But come on, Smaug is awesome, visuals or not. I'm not saying he's the greatest of all time in any way other than in his appearance, but he is still pretty cool.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MonsterStomp

@theirishdoctor: I disagree. Too arrogant. Easily fooled. Gets hot headed easily. Nothing about him is cool, lol. And you have to admit that Draco looked pretty awesome given the time the film was made.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Godzilla

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor: I disagree. Too arrogant. Easily fooled. Gets hot headed easily. Nothing about him is cool, lol. And you have to admit that Draco looked pretty awesome given the time the film was made.

Opinions opinions.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MonsterStomp
jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrogance doesn't bother me when you have the stuff to back it up. Smaug is pretty much the most powerful thing outside of Sauron in those movies, and even that is only by inference (by actual feats he is more powerful than Sauron, even though we know he is not) and he has plenty of reason to be "arrogant". Not sure what you mean by easily fooled? He saw through pretty much everything that Bilbo threw at him. Hot headed...yeah I'll agree to that. I'd add paranoid to that as well. But that doesn't take away from the fact that as far as sheer power and cunning goes he is one of the few good examples of a truly monstrous dragon in big name movies. And it doesn't change the fact that that moment when he backs up to show Bilbo how magnificent he is, he really delivers. That was one of the biggest "Holy Shit" moments I've seen in a movie in a long time.

And Draco...I'm sorry, but he just doesn't look cool at all to me. Sure, the effects were good for the time, but his face just looks dopey to me. Don't get me wrong, he is awesome, because of the character, but in the looks department? He is lackluster at best to me. It's in the mouth I think...and the horns...I think they tried to make him look softer to make him more likeable, and instead they made him look like a Land Before Time reject...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MonsterStomp

@theirishdoctor:

Smaug was outsmarted by a group of dwarves. That isn't backing his arrogance up at all.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: They hid from him for like, 5-10 minutes (the fact that they are like the size of mice to him really helped that a lot) and managed to come up with a plan to put him down that was frankly ingenious and after giving him a bath in liquid gold, he shrugs it off like nothing and it just gets him pissed. I certainly would not call that them beating him, or even outsmarting him.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor: if he wasn't outsmarted he wouldn't have been covered in gold at all. He then fled the battlefield while throwing a tantrum. Just saying, that looks like defeat to me.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla stomps

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor: if he wasn't outsmarted he wouldn't have been covered in gold at all. He then fled the battlefield while throwing a tantrum. Just saying, that looks like defeat to me.

It's him loosing his temper, surely, but he was uninjured and after coming to the conclusion that the Laketown people had something to do with this (since he smelled it on Bilbo), he goes off to destroy them, leaving the Dwarves temporarily because despite their momentarily searing him a bit (again, he is completely unharmed), they are not really a threat to him at all. Did they survive him? Yeah. Did they beat him though? That's a stretch. They didn't do much more than frustrate him really.

And, really, I wouldn't call the gold bath thing outsmarting him. That would imply that there was some sort of battle of wits going on. Smaug wasn't strategizing against them, any more than would be needed to flush them out. It wasn't a battle to him, it was pest control. The dwarves were planning and plotting, he was just looking for them so he could roast them and go back to sleep. And considering that he was completely unharmed by it, I wouldn't say that the dwarves' plan was successful anyways. All it succeeded in doing was frustrating him enough that he was going to take it out on the townsfolk in order to spite Bilbo who expressed concern over them.

So, in short, saying that he was beaten and outsmarted is a stretch, when really all they did was survive him for a few minutes and frustrate him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Godzilla SLAUGHTERHOUSE. Smaug can't even hurt Godzilla, let alone hope for a win.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor: It isn't about beating him. A group of midget dwarves, managed to craft a massive golden statue while keeping Smaug at bay. I'd consider that an outsmarting. Smaug has the mind of a 12 year old child throwing temper tantrums.

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: men on middle earth can in theory stop smaug. If Godzilla was there he couldn't be hurt. Godzilla is king of the monsters. Godzilla wins.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor:

Smaug was outsmarted by a group of dwarves. That isn't backing his arrogance up at all.

...But dwarves weren't the one to kill him....

I'd say that Godzilla would win, he'd go after Smaug's weak spot, for sure.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla stomps so hard.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I love Smaug, truly. The Hobbit movies were some of my favorites, and Smaug was a huge part of that because he was just so amazing. Buuuuuut, yeah. Godzilla would laugh at him. This is uuber spite.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Godzilla would likely win(this version), however that crappy 98 version zilla would get beat down by Smaug. Dude got owned by missiles and a bridge wire lol...

Meanwhile Smaug was drowned in molten gold uneffected....

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla exists in modern day cities where vehicles & technology exists while Smaug exists in the opposite world to that.

Mjoern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually most of you are wrong :

Smaug does have a chance.. Maybe not to kill (considering we knows too little about what could actually kill Godzilla) but to incapacitate him for a while (considering it takes a while for the regenerative powers to kick in)..

Here is my reasoning..

Smaug is 130 meters long (WETA digital's Joe Lettery interview on Smaug) which makes him a bit larger than the Male MUTO who is 61 meters tall..

Basically Smaug is longer than Godzilla is tall.. When all drawn on the same line up with accurate proportion we can see that Smaug is not as massive as the Female MUTO, clearly not as massive as Godzilla but a bit more massive than the Male MUTO..

I did the line up on paper a while ago but I don't have a scanner to share it with you.. BUt I think it is clear when you look at movie clips that a 130 meters long creature with Smaug's proportions is going to be a bit bigger than a 61 meter tall creature with the Male MUTO's "body" (quote because it's f**king weird)..

Then again if too many of you can't see it, I might oblige and make a digital version to share it with you..

So as we saw in the Legendary's Godzilla movie, a smaller creature that flies can give him a hard time and actually puts up a fight and be able to deal slight damage and cause pain to Godzilla (I invite you to watch the fight between the Male Muto and Godzilla again, check the reaction of Godzilla when he is bitten and when he got the MUTO's claws digging their way into his skin)

Now to compare his strength with the MUTOs..

Apparently, the Male MUTO was impaled by what seems to be Concrete pillars with reinforcement steel .. I postulate that Smaug wouldn't have been impaled in such a way... I postulate that the Pillars would have broke on contact with Smaug in the same way that they broke on contact with the Male MUTO but also that they wouldn't have managed to pierce Smaug's hide..

• Smaug is a Uruloki, designed to fight giant eagles (the biggest one in book cannon was 60 meters wide) and deflect magic arrows (the first elves are essentially god, period! they fought against armies of Balrogs and "fleet" of dragons, they had a fleet of flying boat of light!) in the war of wrath in the first age which means Smaug is extremly resistant to penetra.. ahem!.. piercing damage* (sorry about that x'D) Not only the scales are tougher than a simple hide but the shape of his body gives the scale a better ability to deflect piercing blows..
  • Those pillars are not made to pierce.. there is a huge difference in piercing potential between something that is designed for it and something that isn't, concrete with reinforcement steel may be rather tough but we're talking about huge monsters, they should be tougher than our buildings and it shows when we see them destroy them easily yet struggle to kill each other.. Honestly I don't think the Male Muto should have died so easily but it's cannon, that's what they decided, they decided to make him fucking weak that he would be killed a building that was supposed to cushion Godzilla's tail slap.. Do you expect a Kaiju to destroy a destroy a building with a swipe only to have its paw/hand/whatever be impaled by a pillar.. NO it's lame, it shouldn't happen, that was completely stupid? I would love to blame the plot for that and not the Male MUTO but I am not as nice as to abandon this Gold mine for Smaug and i don't particularly like the MUTOs cuz design sucks!
  • Smaug HEADBUTTED the gate to Erebor!! A dwarven gate! they managed to build Erebor, a city as big as Monaco INSIDE a mountain that is also a Gold mine in which there is as much Gold as in MOTHERFUCKING INDIA! Their pillars are MUCH MUCH tougher than the ones in our sky-crappers and the Gate to Erebor is fucking huge.. Smaug would be able to head butt one of our sky-crappers, that wouldn't even phase him.. Just look at the size of his neck, he shouldn't be able to headbutt something that tough like that, it should break his neck.. He's not supposed to be a brawler with such a thin Body.. If you really look at it in depth, you'll understand that Smaug is unnaturally strong like pretty much every old character in the Tolkien Universe, he is much stronger than what his body may show.. of course it's not to the point of Saitama or random skinny and weak looking shonen main characters but still it's freaky.. Remember when he took flight covered in tons of liquid Gold? Check it back, he's 130 meters long.. yup that's pretty much the speed of sound while taking flight! (the hardest part of flying) AND covered in tons of liquid gold!

As a bonus, Smaug has a lot of experience in fights because dragons are territorial and he hasn't always be supreme among his kind (keep in mind the uruloki were bred by Sauron and Morgoth 7000 years before the event in the Hobbit).

Alright, so he's stronger than the Male MUTO and wins him pretty much all of the times..

What about the female though?

Well that would certainly be much tougher, she can be quite vicious but no flight.. no ranged attack.. and also she has the same kind of skin than her mate just a bit tougher so pretty weak.. I don't think she would be able to do anything but I wouldn't say Smaug has her strength... and Even though that EMP weakening atomic breath is stupid AF, I'll still agree that Smaug would take more damage than her if struck by an atomic breath.. Also it would certainly ground him..

How I see the fight going..

Smaug would pretty much toy with Godzilla and be very cocky and arrogant.. he would attack from behind and gouge his eyes out with his claws

He would underestimate Godzilla and certainly be very surprised when he'd piss Big G enough to make him use his atomic breath, that wouldn't kill him though and Godzilla might have trouble to hit if he's blinded..

The thing here is that Godzilla is arrogant too and don't waste atomic breath on weaklings like that, it's not free to him like it is for an immortal magical being like Smaug.. Godzilla had to spend a lot of energy for his ranged attack which is why he "seems to be forgetting he can do it".. he doesn't forget, he's just trying to not waste.. So yeah Smaug wouldn't have a hard time blinding him.. Of course, Smaug might want to use the dragon spell (yes it's in the movie cannon too why do you think Bilbo removed the ring? Sauron is the father of dragons, he was a shapeshifter (original Norse God Loki anyone? fenrir, Jormungandr.. Tolkien took inspiration).. seeing the eye of Sauron hinted to this link there is between them)..

So yeah.. it's still rigged a bit in Godzilla's favor but I'd say 6/4 for Godzilla.. It's pretty much a matter of Plot cuz they both have their chance against the other..

stunnersix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla would literally suplex Smaug. He would make a show of it. He would even let Smaug get in a few shots then reverse it and put his hand to his head prompting the middle earth audience.....then the leg drop. Done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjoern:

The thing here is that Godzilla is arrogant too and don't waste atomic breath on weaklings like that, it's not free to him like it is for an immortal magical being like Smaug.. Godzilla had to spend a lot of energy for his ranged attack which is why he "seems to be forgetting he can do it"

Godzilla is not arrogant. Godzilla was struggling to breathe fire because he was being emp'd.

SPYDA-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla beats the crackhead-asaurus looking dragon

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big G

Tyrannoraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Tyrannoraptor

Okay but actually book version of Smaug might win here.