Death Of The Endless (DC Comics) vs The Phoenix Force (Marvel Comics)

• 109 results
Mann1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Death Of The Endless (DC Comics) vs The Phoenix Force (Marvel Comics) (78 votes)

Death Of The Endless 68%
The Phoenix Force 32%
No Caption Provided

RULES:

Stats-Normal

Prep-1 Year

Gear-Everything

Tier Limit-Outerversal

Versions-Strongest

Location-Silver Seas

Special Conditions: None

• 
Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I don't get it

scarletvsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m going with the fire bird

Mann1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of the endless stomp phoenix. Mismatch

SpeedForceZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpeedForceZ

@mcflicky: explain how delirium or despair stomps Phoenix in her strongest

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McFlicky
PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Death of the Endless?

BAMDuelist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder why we keep bothering into comparing DC and Marvel as If it they were equally sized or as If they deal with the same power-scaling, or If their concepts and top tiers were even remotely the same.

Death of The Endless stomps, she is literally going to no-sell the end of everything in the greater omniverse, from every concept of matter, time and space, cosmic principles, archetypical realms, higher dimensions, platonic conceptual functions, R>F trascendence planes, and is going to casually claim the entire of existence and DC top tiers even those that can reach The Void, outside of the omniverse where there is the absolute nothingless. Phoenix would never touch her and is merely going to be one more she is going to claim when her time comes, and then go to the next more powerful as she existed before creation and the first thing in existence and would be around after creation stopped existing.

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death of the endless isn't just a manifestation, or goddes, or the embodiment, she's death straight up. she's like the living concept of it. at minimum anyone who stand against the endless must have a high end of conceptual manipulation just like pre retcon beyonder.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder why we keep bothering into comparing DC and Marvel as If it they were equally sized or as If they deal with the same power-scaling, or If their concepts and top tiers were even remotely the same.

Death of The Endless stomps, she is literally going to no-sell the end of everything in the greater omniverse, from every concept of matter, time and space, cosmic principles, archetypical realms, higher dimensions, platonic conceptual functions, R>F trascendence planes, and is going to casually claim the entire of existence and DC top tiers even those that can reach The Void, outside of the omniverse where there is the absolute nothingless. Phoenix would never touch her and is merely going to be one more she is going to claim when her time comes, and then go to the next more powerful as she existed before creation and the first thing in existence and would be around after creation stopped existing.

While I don’t know enough to say whether this is fully correct or not, I highly disagree with the take that one cosmology being bigger means no discussions are worth being had.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death of the endless isn't just a manifestation, or goddes, or the embodiment, she's death straight up. she's like the living concept of it. at minimum anyone who stand against the endless must have a high end of conceptual manipulation just like pre retcon beyonder.

The issue with Marvel cosmics is that they are the concepts they embody. They aren’t mere proxy’s or differentiate. When the cosmic embodiment of Death was erased in one universe, the concept was also erased alongside it.

I’m not sure how it works for DC, but in terms of Marvel, differentiating concepts from embodiments just does not fly unless we specifically talk about an abstract’s M-Body. And the Phoenix constantly resists and revives against that very concept of existence erasure and death.

Guzmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death is hotter

pansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

The issue with Marvel cosmics is that they are the concepts they embody. They aren’t mere proxy’s or differentiate. When the cosmic embodiment of Death was erased in one universe, the concept was also erased alongside it.

I’m not sure how it works for DC, but in terms of Marvel, differentiating concepts from embodiments just does not fly unless we specifically talk about an abstract’s M-Body. And the Phoenix constantly resists and revives against that very concept of existence erasure and death.

You are talking about abstracts. Cosmics is a much broader term that encompasses many, many other beings.

Even then, Abstracts are usually described as the personification of the concept. This is not the same thing as the embodiment. If you were the concept, you wouldn't be described as the personification. That would be like me describing you as the personification of pyrofn. Doesn't make sense... you are just you.

There is also an argument that since the introduction of Life, an abstract supposedly representing all life, said to now be Death's sister, that Marvel is retconning the old hierarchy of the abstracts. Death was previously said to be the opposite of Eternity, but its pretty clear now she is the opposite of Life, and thus, likely not on the same level as abstracts like Eternity.

OT: The Phoenix Force is a universal entity at best. There is a phoenix force in every universe in the Marvel Multiverse. Death of the Endless is just Death, for everything.... Even for Marvel as she has appeared in Marvel as well.

Phoenix is way, way, way out of its league here.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

You are talking about abstracts. Cosmics is a much broader term that encompasses many, many other beings.

Even then, Abstracts are usually described as the personification of the concept. This is not the same thing as the embodiment. If you were the concept, you wouldn't be described as the personification. That would be like me describing you as the personification of pyrofn. Doesn't make sense... you are just you.

There is also an argument that since the introduction of Life

, an abstract supposedly representing all life, said to now be Death's sister, that Marvel is retconning the old hierarchy of the abstracts. Death was previously said to be the opposite of Eternity, but its pretty clear now she is the opposite of Life, and thus, likely not on the same level as abstracts like Eternity.

OT: The Phoenix Force is a universal entity at best. There is a phoenix force in every universe in the Marvel Multiverse. Death of the Endless is just Death, for everything.... Even for Marvel as she has appeared in Marvel as well.

Phoenix is way, way, way out of its league here.

1) “Cosmics is a much broader term that encompasses many, many other beings.

If that is the case, then it might not simply be me just misunderstanding. Or maybe I just don’t know what I’m talking about period. But justaxviel’s comment makes me think that what they mean is that Death of the Endless is very concept of Death and thus none of the Phoenix’s feats of surviving death itself are applicable because it never encountered anything like Death of the Endless, the absolute concept of Death itself.

I went by what I presumed they were classifying beings the Phoenix has faced, which would include the abstract entity Death. Their comment was very brief, so it’s entirely possible I misunderstood completely.

2) “There is also an argument that since the introduction of Life….that Marvel is retconning the old hierarchy of the abstracts. Death was previously said to be the opposite of Eternity, but its pretty clear now she is the opposite of Life, and thus, likely not on the same level as abstracts like Eternity.

Honestly, they pretty much are. The Living Tribunal used to be the second most important entity after TOAA. Nowadays, it barely has any relevance at all since 2015’s Secret Wars.

I’d say the only one who stayed virtually the same in their heirarchy are Death and Eternity. Galactus had been cycling through different forms like no one’s business, the long dead previous multiverses have sprung up (especially the First Firmament), and Post-Retcon Beyonder is supposedly calling back to his Pre-Retcon levels without actually fully being what he used to be???? (That last one is the most confusing to me honestly)

3) “The Phoenix Force is a universal entity at best. There is a phoenix force in every universe in the Marvel Multiverse.”

Sort of right and wrong at the same time.

Recently, rudimentary Phoenix hosts have been doing things like this as of late without reaching White Phoenix of the Crown levels (all the while White Phoenix maintains being the most powerful by statements from the Phoenix itself, so that oughta be a whole world scaling issues).

No Caption Provided

For context, that is an ancient Phoenix host teaming up with a Starbrand to bring back around 615 universes wiped out.

No Caption Provided

Old Man Phoenix (Wolverine) is holding back a tidal wave of remnants of the First Firmament threatening to destroy the Marvel Omniverse.

No Caption Provided

Dark Phoenix Mystique is tossing Old Man Phoenix’s body parts across the multiverse from the White Hot Room.

No Caption Provided

While Taaia is being possessed by the Phoenix Force in the White Hot Room, the Beyonder (who is a part of the Ivory King’s race that started 2015 Secret Wars) said this about the Phoenix.

All rudimentary Phoenix Force hosts who are limited in some way doing these kinds of feats and having these kinds of statements beyond universal.

I am trying to figure out this whole cosmic thing as it is because of these new developments, where it did not used to matter as much back then. It’s a bit exhausting. Not gonna lie.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endless are doofies lol

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@Aristeaus said:

If that is the case, then it might not simply be me just misunderstanding. Or maybe I just don’t know what I’m talking about period. But justaxviel’s comment makes me think that what they mean is that Death of the Endless is very concept of Death and thus none of the Phoenix’s feats of surviving death itself are applicable because it never encountered anything like Death of the Endless, the absolute concept of Death itself.

I went by what I presumed they were classifying beings the Phoenix has faced, which would include the abstract entity Death. Their comment was very brief, so it’s entirely possible I misunderstood completely.

Death of the Endless is actually Death itself... Much more so then Marvels Death ever has been. The phoenix has never faced anything close to Death of the Endless.

Honestly, they pretty much are. The Living Tribunal used to be the second most important entity after TOAA. Nowadays, it barely has any relevance at all since 2015’s Secret Wars.

I’d say the only one who stayed virtually the same in their heirarchy are Death and Eternity. Galactus had been cycling through different forms like no one’s business, the long dead previous multiverses have sprung up (especially the First Firmament), and Post-Retcon Beyonder is supposedly calling back to his Pre-Retcon levels without actually fully being what he used to be???? (That last one is the most confusing to me honestly)

Its not just you. It has been pretty confusing the last few years.

Sort of right and wrong at the same time.

Recently, rudimentary Phoenix hosts have been doing things like this as of late without reaching White Phoenix of the Crown levels (all the while White Phoenix maintains being the most powerful by statements from the Phoenix itself, so that oughta be a whole world scaling issues).

For context, that is an ancient Phoenix host teaming up with a Starbrand to bring back around 615 universes wiped out.

Old Man Phoenix (Wolverine) is holding back a tidal wave of remnants of the First Firmament threatening to destroy the Marvel Omniverse.

Dark Phoenix Mystique is tossing Old Man Phoenix’s body parts across the multiverse from the White Hot Room.

While Taaia is being possessed by the Phoenix Force in the White Hot Room, the Beyonder (who is a part of the Ivory King’s race that started 2015 Secret Wars) said this about the Phoenix.

All rudimentary Phoenix Force hosts who are limited in some way doing these kinds of feats and having these kinds of statements beyond universal.

I am trying to figure out this whole cosmic thing as it is because of these new developments, where it did not used to matter as much back then. It’s a bit exhausting. Not gonna lie.

You are talking about different phoenixs from different universes with various stages of help/power ups.

White Phoenix has never done anything multiversal. Her best feats are universal, dimensional, and time line / reality manipulation... all of which would be within the bounds of a singular universe.

Even then she was shown to be inferior to beings like Death in the Marvel universe.

There is an argument that she can transcend the white hot room... but that is just speculation at this point.

But again, let me point out that Death of the Endless not only exists in the Marvel universe, but retains her omniscience in said universe and likely all of her other powers. Not coincidentally, she visited Marlo, who... spoiler alert... is the current Death in Marvel. lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus:1) ……I think the logical next step for me is to ask what makes DotE more death than Marvel’s? Especially when the actual concept disappeared when Marvel’s Death was taken out. What is the standard that makes one more death than the other?

2) Well, that is comforting at least.

3) Yes, I am talking about different Phoenix hosts, but only of two universes. The 616 and the universe of Old King Thor.

None of them had any power-ups unless you are of the belief that the White Hot Room itself is a power-up, which I don’t think you are since you are saying she is universal still.

4) “White Phoenix has never done anything multiversal. Her best feats are universal, dimensional, and time line / reality manipulation... all of which would be within the bounds of a singular universe.

I understand the prominence of feats and agree that they take supremacy in most cases.

But, there needs to be a sense of flexibility when it comes to entities like White Phoenix of the Crown.

Her situation is similar to the One Above All and Living Tribunal before he was dethroned by the Ivory King’s and First Firmament in how she is used in stories.

In which, the context of what we have seen of her puts her above every single one of those Phoenix hosts.

5) “Even then she was shown to be inferior to beings like Death in the Marvel universe.”

That is incorrect even without taking White Phoenix into account.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blue Marvel’s second guess is correct. This is the reference to the last two scans.

No Caption Provided

6) “But again, let me point out that Death of the Endless not only exists in the Marvel universe, but retains her omniscience in said universe and likely all of her other powers. Not coincidentally, she visited Marlo, who... spoiler alert... is the current Death in Marvel. lol

I will take your word for Death of the Endless being capable of this for the sake of argument and me learning what this entity can do.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@Aristeaus:1) ……I think the logical next step for me is to ask what makes DotE more death than Marvel’s? Especially when the actual concept disappeared when Marvel’s Death was taken out. What is the standard that makes one more death than the other?

Death in marvel is a universal ( m-body ) and then multiversal construct. Even Death of Death, one of the aspects of LT, is a multiversal construct. If there universe or multiverse dies, so do they. Death has died many, many times.

Death of the Endless would not die when a universe or multiverse did. She has never died. She can't die. She will exists at the end of all things and claim everything. She even claims things outside of creation, as she did with Silk Man, who existed before creation.

Not only did Deaths concept disappear similarly when Death of the Endless just took a break from doing her job, but also entropy itself stopped.

Its basically stated that she will claim even beings like Lucifer and Destiny. She is directly stated to outlast creation itself. She was there before the first living thing existed, and will be there when the last dies. She has even been stated she will claim time itself.

She has access to the Void itself... and depending on how you wanna look at cosmology, its at the very least an omniverse but as high as literally everything to ever exist in any verse.

She also exists everywhere at the same time. Anywhere the concept of death exists... she is there. Which... you know... includes Marvel. Making her by definition Omniversal.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PyroFN

@Aristeaus: So, DotE is basically a blend of Oblivion and Death on an omniversal scale?

She will exists at the end of all things and claim everything

That’s actually interesting and it does make sense.

A lot of the concepts also sound like Phoenix’s deal too, since it is also said to claim everything at the end of all things, with only the added extra bit that it will all be reborn anew.

So, where does DotE stand in the hierarchy of DC cosmology?

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@Aristeaus: So, DotE is basically a blend of Oblivion and Death on an omniversal scale?

Sorta, yeah. Those DotE is way more "death" then Marvel Death has ever been, concept wise.

Depends on what you view as standing. You could put the 20 strongest cosmics in DC into a brawl that destroys everything and DotE is fine. Though much like oblivion, she doesn't directly act against anyone. She has broken the "rules" before, and shes actually the only Endless that can break the rules, but shes not really gonna fight you.

DotE already knows how anyone or anything in DC or Marvel are going to die. No point in her lifting a finger really from her perspective.

But she is above Destiny, and Destiny's book is creation itself.

It has also been said that the Presence was born in the Dreaming ( Dream of the Endless ), and both Destiny and Death are far above Dream.

So you could argue that she is the most powerful, but its base on belief and not any real hard statements or data.

She is way up there though.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Sorta, yeah. Those DotE is way more "death" then Marvel Death has ever been, concept wise.

Depends on what you view as standing. You could put the 20 strongest cosmics in DC into a brawl that destroys everything and DotE is fine. Though much like oblivion, she doesn't directly act against anyone. She has broken the "rules" before, and shes actually the only Endless that can break the rules, but shes not really gonna fight you.

DotE already knows how anyone or anything in DC or Marvel are going to die. No point in her lifting a finger really from her perspective.

But she is above Destiny, and Destiny's book is creation itself.

It has also been said that the Presence was born in the Dreaming ( Dream of the Endless ), and both Destiny and Death are far above Dream.

So you could argue that she is the most powerful, but its base on belief and not any real hard statements or data.

She is way up there though.

Ah, so context clues from statements point to her being that powerful. I think I am sort of getting it now. I will need to learn who Dream and Destiny are, but that can be done on my own. Thanks for the brief convo. Much appreciated.

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Justaxviel
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

The problem is Mistress Death that she is just a cosmic deity that represents death but she can die herself which is already happened many time in the comics. DC has characters that are more or less like Mistress Death and those are Black Flash, Black Racer and Nekron, all of these are different aspects of Death of the Endless.while death of the endless is a whole different level and she is the end of all thing and she is the death itself.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PyroFN

@justaxviel: yeah, I went through the whole convo with Aristeaus, but thank you anyways for the info nonetheless.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nwname  Moderator

Previously i would have said Death stomps but Phoenix Force got huge buffs out of nowhere recently, placing it well above Eternity and Beyonders so now i am not sure but leaning a bit towards "pure Phoenix Force".

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Endless aren't really supposed to be in battles like this. Purely cosmologically though, Death outscales. She's just able to affect (claim) far stronger things than even Phoenix Force.

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

Any member of Endless as a concept and hierarchy very above Phoneix Force. And Death is one of the strongest members of The Endless. Death stomps.

If we consider only the highest end of feats for Phoneix Force then this might be a fight. But if we're gonna consider entire thing (composite kinda) then Death really stomps.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:

Previously i would have said Death stomps but Phoenix Force got huge buffs out of nowhere recently, placing it well above Eternity and Beyonders so now i am not sure but leaning a bit towards "pure Phoenix Force".

I wouldn't say PF got buffs, but more so Marvel seems to be nerfing cosmics left and right.

Death of the Endless is above all of them in cosmology. Even beings like Multi-Eternity is just a multiversal being who dies every time the multiverse does. The Phoenix Force is a universal entity by definition. It has a version that exists in every universe. Though unlike cosmics, they can survive the end of the universe it seems ( Secret Wars 2 Cyclops ).

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyroFN
@Aristeaus said:
@nwname said:

I wouldn't say PF got buffs, but more so Marvel seems to be nerfing cosmics left and right.

Death of the Endless is above all of them in cosmology. Even beings like Multi-Eternity is just a multiversal being who dies every time the multiverse does. The Phoenix Force is a universal entity by definition. It has a version that exists in every universe. Though unlike cosmics, they can survive the end of the universe it seems ( Secret Wars 2 Cyclops ).

It’s more a bit of both.

The Phoenix used to be the definition of universal, but recent times have displayed that it now is an omniversal level being by way of the White Hot Room. It being above universal is a relatively new thing in the weirdest way possible, as of around the 2010’s era when a random Marvel U thing summarizing what the Phoenix Force is made this comment about it,

No Caption Provided

I’m not certain what they were doing behind the scenes in Marvel when they did this, but this got traction with fans (I’m not sure how Much influence this had on comics, but it might have had some influence by integrating it in public opinion. Who knows?), and at some point, it got to being integrated into the Handbooks,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As far as I’m the comics go, it’s been very vague-ishly teetering by way of updating how the M’Kraan Crystal works

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and the White Hot Room by Chris Claremont after it was introduced in Morrison’s run. Claremont expands it in House of M when the Chaos Wave starts obliterating Otherworld, a different multiversal nexus, and all of the multiversal slowly. The White Hot Room is made clear as the Heart of the Phoenix and remained unaffected (ergo either displaying it outside of the multiverse or immune to mass reality warping on that scale).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the same arc, Psylocke (Betsy Braddock) was seen syncing with multiple alternate reality versions of herself across the multiverse from within the confines of the White Hot Room.

No Caption Provided

That all came before the above changes to the lore of the Phoenix being the psionic nexus, but I am one to only consider something canon if there is a consistent portrayal.

So after all that, the Phoenix Force itself starts displaying multiversal scale feats that are obligatory come from Taaia (formerly from Earth-0; now residing in Earth-616), an alt version of Wolverine and Mystique (Earth-14412), and Firehair (Earth-616). They displayed the most direct multiversal-omniversal scale feats, starting in the current decade we are in.

So, I get Aristeaus’s being adamant that the Phoenix Force must be a universal force, but that just isn’t the case anymore these days.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

CAV_Tighten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does tier limit mean lmao

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC abstracts as with Death of the Endless are pretty much low on feats most of the time, so it's likely that they might struggle or not really know how to deal with the Phoenix Force.

But having said that, there's a bunch of stuff in this discussion from the Marvel side that's just plain not true, in my opinion.

It's not accurate to say that Marvel Abstracts are like inseparable from the concepts they stand for. Like, we've seen Protege doing this whole copycat thing and going beyond the Marvel Abstracts, which kind of shows that these Marvel Abstracts aren't set in stone, they don't totally control the concepts they're supposed to, even including the big shot like Living Tribunal. They lack monopoly.

And then there's the Eternity Mask, which again adapted to the powers of Beyonder and even the Phoenix Force.

scarletvsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutantheroic: and then what happened to the eternity mask? Got stomped by the phoenix

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PyroFN
@mutantheroic said:

DC abstracts as with Death of the Endless are pretty much low on feats most of the time, so it's likely that they might struggle or not really know how to deal with the Phoenix Force.

But having said that, there's a bunch of stuff in this discussion from the Marvel side that's just plain not true, in my opinion.

It's not accurate to say that Marvel Abstracts are like inseparable from the concepts they stand for. Like, we've seen Protege doing this whole copycat thing and going beyond the Marvel Abstracts, which kind of shows that these Marvel Abstracts aren't set in stone, they don't totally control the concepts they're supposed to, even including the big shot like Living Tribunal. They lack monopoly.

And then there's the Eternity Mask, which again adapted to the powers of Beyonder and even the Phoenix Force.

Marvel Abstracts being replaced does not mean they don’t embody the concepts they represent. It just means they can be replaced. You kill them, you kill the concept they represent.

A big flaw to your argument is the fact that the Ivory Kings manage to kill the multiverse by attacking the Abstracts. If they were not the embodiment of their concepts, then attacking them would not have caused the Incursions, which did end up happening.

No Caption Provided

As for the Eternity Mask, you made an incredibly superficial comparison when using both of these two as an example, considering not only was Beyonder not taking the fight seriously at all and sustained no actual permanent damage beyond a bloody nose,

No Caption Provided

But Phoenix outright won her fight.

No Caption Provided

And Death made it clear that the only reason that the Phoenix Force was even being fought on an even playing field was because it was fighting against itself in the most literal sense. There was an argument for the Defenders to continue their journey, so the Phoenix was having a back-and-forth that ended with it determining the Defenders passed the test.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
scarletvsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By scarletvsp

Anyways the phoenix force stomps death of the endless so hard it’s not even funny a mere infinitesimal peice of the white hot room (true phoenix) was able to hold back a wave which was going to destroy the omniverse, the omniverse encompasses the Superflow which is a conceptual space which creates abstracts connects and restrains and holds apart universes and encompasses realms like asgard no space dark dimension exceeds spacetime and sources all concepts of logic etc. let’s not even get into the fact that the phoenix force looks at beings like the beyonder and god of storys Loki who both can casually destroy and manipulate narratives and destroy platonic concepts as lesser beings

Edit

Also forgot to mention the white hot room encompasses every realm below it

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mutantheroic

Marvel Abstracts being replaced does not mean they don’t embody the concepts they represent. It just means they can be replaced. You kill them, you kill the concept they represent.

A big flaw to your argument is the fact that the Ivory Kings manage to kill the multiverse by attacking the Abstracts. If they were not the embodiment of their concepts, then attacking them would not have caused the Incursions, which did end up happening.

Well, here's the thing: Protege able to make copies of the Marvel Abstracts' powers, which pretty much shows that these powers aren't like exclusively tied to the whole idea they represent. I mean, the idea they stand for can apply to other beings even outside of the Marvel Abstracts as Protege proved. Protege didn't exactly have to snatch the power of the Marvel Abstracts to almost take over the whole Marvel scene. He just kind of whipped up these equally strong and separate duplicates. So, the notion that the Marvel Abstracts are like the absolute embodiment of their concept without any exceptions, well, that's just not entirely accurate.

As for the Eternity Mask, you made an incredibly superficial comparison when using both of these two as an example, considering not only was Beyonder not taking the fight seriously at all and sustained no actual permanent damage beyond a bloody nose,

I see what you're getting at, but your understanding of my point very far off the mark. The idea is, let's say you duplicate the power of the Beyonder or the Phoenix, what happens is that Phoenix and Beyonder wouldn't automatically have complete control over the infinite copies of their own power. If the One Above All were to make endless copies of the Beyonder and Phoenix, they would not possess absolute dominion over those duplicated versions of themselves.

And Death made it clear that the only reason that the Phoenix Force was even being fought on an even playing field was because it was fighting against itself in the most literal sense. There was an argument for the Defenders to continue their journey, so the Phoenix was having a back-and-forth that ended with it determining the Defenders passed the test.

What this really shows is that the abilities of the Phoenix Force could be turned back on itself. So, in essence, the Phoenix wouldn't have the capability to fully unleash its power against an outside foe.

Avatar image for masterbuster666
MasterBuster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death negs.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Out of curiosity how does Marvel’s Death stack up against the Phoenix Force?

If the universes are comparable I think it’s only fair

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PyroFN

That’s kind of the thing. DC fans don’t think they are comparable. Not that I am saying they are wrong. I am still in the beginner levels of learning this cosmic stuff, but one thing that has been consistent is that DC fans scale DC’s cosmology as larger than Marvel’s.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, here's the thing: Protege able to make copies of the Marvel Abstracts' powers, which pretty much shows that these powers aren't like exclusively tied to the whole idea they represent. I mean, the idea they stand for can apply to other beings even outside of the Marvel Abstracts as Protege proved. Protege didn't exactly have to snatch the power of the Marvel Abstracts to almost take over the whole Marvel scene. He just kind of whipped up these equally strong and separate duplicates. So, the notion that the Marvel Abstracts are like the absolute embodiment of their concept without any exceptions, well, that's just not entirely accurate.

I see what you're getting at, but your understanding of my point very far off the mark. The idea is, let's say you duplicate the power of the Beyonder or the Phoenix, what happens is that Phoenix and Beyonder wouldn't automatically have complete control over the infinite copies of their own power. If the One Above All were to make endless copies of the Beyonder and Phoenix, they would not possess absolute dominion over those duplicated versions of themselves.

What this really shows is that the abilities of the Phoenix Force could be turned back on itself. So, in essence, the Phoenix wouldn't have the capability to fully unleash its power against an outside foe.

1) Then by your logic, the concept would still exist even after the entities are gone, which is effectively false. But that simply just isn’t true.

Not unless there is someone to take their place. And the existence of Hela and Hades denotes that multiple entities can take the same role. At the end of the day though, the ramifications of getting rid of those entities are what dictates their effect on the concept itself. Not mere copies that can share a spot with a basically limitless concept.

2) “what happens is that Phoenix and Beyonder wouldn't automatically have complete control over the infinite copies of their own power. If the One Above All were to make endless copies of the Beyonder and Phoenix, they would not possess absolute dominion over those duplicated versions of themselves.

That is very false, considering the Beyonder makes this claim about how his powers work,

No Caption Provided

The very existence of the Beyonder’s powers all derive from the same universe that they all embody. If another Beyonder was made, they would be connected to this dimension like the rest of them.

And it’s always been made very clear that there is nothing in existence that has existed, does exist, and will exist not touched by the Phoenix’s power. It’s its literal job to funnel life energy across all of creation, no matter what they are. The idea that the existence of a separate entity would effectively be separate is not found upon any real evidence.

3) “What this really shows is that the abilities of the Phoenix Force could be turned back on itself

Yes, because it was already mentally divided before the fight started. I literally showed this in the scan where Death states that the Defenders are acting out a balance.

That does not signify anyone can jump in and take the Phoenixes power to use against it. Not without proper preparation or a significant connection to exploit.

4) “So, in essence, the Phoenix wouldn't have the capability to fully unleash its power against an outside foe.”

Okay, but you have not proven anyone has done this in that context to the Phoenix.

The context I brought was in respects to the Phoenix testing the Defenders. Not a real fight where the Phoenix has a clear reason to not waiver.

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mutantheroic
@pyrofn said:

1) Then by your logic, the concept would still exist even after the entities are gone, which is effectively false. But that simply just isn’t true.

Not unless there is someone to take their place. And the existence of Hela and Hades denotes that multiple entities can take the same role. At the end of the day though, the ramifications of getting rid of those entities are what dictates their effect on the concept itself. Not mere copies that can share a spot with a basically limitless concept.

Eternity is the embodiment of Time but you see, the Time of the Marvel Multiverse continued to stick around after his death. Now, Infinity, it's the embodiment of Space itself. Even after Infinity was done in by the Beyonders, the Concept of Space in Creation didn't just vanish.

And then there's the Living Tribunal as embodiment of the Marvel Multiverse. But guess what? Even after the Living Tribunal died, the Marvel Multiverse just carried on, and there were these multiple tiers of existence even beyond the Living Tribunal's level.

So, when it boils down to it, the Marvel Abstracts death only caused the end of their cosmic government resulting to Chaos. But the Marvel Multiverse was just in Chaos, not non-existence after they died so the Marvel Abstracts were not necessary for their Multiverse to exist as it continued existing long after their deaths.

I want to express this with full respect, but I believe your assessment that the Marvel Abstracts are indispensable for the concepts they embody might not be accurate but an exaggeration.

If you do not have monopoly over your concept, you can never truly be identifiable with that concept! But a mere infinitesimal aspect of that concept!

The very existence of the Beyonder’s powers all derive from the same universe that they all embody. If another Beyonder was made, they would be connected to this dimension like the rest of them.

Protege already mimicked Beyonder's powers back in the day, and here's the kicker: with multiple Beyonders all drawing from the same power source, it's pretty clear they're not the solo embodiments of their respective concepts. So, that whole uniqueness thing? Yeah, that doesn't really apply to any of them.

And it’s always been made very clear that there is nothing in existence that has existed, does exist, and will exist not touched by the Phoenix’s power. It’s its literal job to funnel life energy across all of creation, no matter what they are. The idea that the existence of a separate entity would effectively be separate is not found upon any real evidence.

As for you, my friend, do you possess any evidence that the Phoenix's energy reaches the higher levels of existence above her own? I have my doubts.

Yes, because it was already mentally divided before the fight started. I literally showed this in the scan where Death states that the Defenders are acting out a balance.

That does not signify anyone can jump in and take the Phoenixes power to use against it. Not without proper preparation or a significant connection to exploit.

It seems that due to the act of the Eternity Mask replicating its abilities, the Phoenix Force actually experienced a split in its mental power and determination! Meaning if you copied her abilities, you split her will to fight on your side! Can you imagine if the Phoenix Force fought an even more formidable well experienced cosmic entity?

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mutantheroic
@pyrofn said:
@tifalockhart said:

That’s kind of the thing. DC fans don’t think they are comparable. Not that I am saying they are wrong. I am still in the beginner levels of learning this cosmic stuff, but one thing that has been consistent is that DC fans scale DC’s cosmology as larger than Marvel’s.

There is no statement from either Marvel or DC that the power of their abstracts come from the Size of their Multiverse, both Marvel and DC say the power of their Gods comes from their Creator.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@tifalockhart said:

There is no statement from either Marvel or DC that the power of their abstracts come from the Size of their Multiverse, both Marvel and DC say the power of their Gods comes from their Creator.

Don’t look at me. I ain’t the one saying this. It’s literally what I’ve heard from DC fans stating that their cosmology is bigger.

pansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

kirikagure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death of the Endless passively solos the whole of marvel asides from the one above all, and same can be said for Dream of the Endless, phoenix cannot do anything against them, even the beyonder cannot

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@mutantheroic said:
@pyrofn said:
@tifalockhart said:

Don’t look at me. I ain’t the one saying this. It’s literally what I’ve heard from DC fans stating that their cosmology is bigger.

I'm pretty sure that DC Cosmology was retconned a while ago to be only sixth-dimensional lol

I'd also be happy to have more explanation into this

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mutantheroic

In the most recent updates to the DC Cosmology, it's been suggested that all the universes that once existed and were seemingly wiped out by Crisis events actually weren't fully erased. Instead, they're safeguarded within Hypertime, existing eternally, along with every conceivable reality.

So with current Death, most likely her role isn't really embodying death, rather, she acts more like a conduit, moving things that were erased within the main multiverse to Hypertime that acts as the recycle bin that preserves the existence of realities, possibilities and dimensions forever.

This is also why COIE had little to no, if at all, any scathing influence on Hypertime.

But the rules of DC are inherently different to Marvel, so it is anyone who's guess on how Death will deal with Phoenix.

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the most recent updates to the DC Cosmology, it's been suggested that all the universes that once existed and were seemingly wiped out by Crisis events actually weren't fully erased. Instead, they're safeguarded within Hypertime, existing eternally, along with every conceivable reality.

So with current Death, most likely her role isn't really embodying death, rather, she acts more like a conduit, moving things that were erased within the main multiverse to Hypertime that acts as the recycle bin that preserves the existence of realities, possibilities and dimensions forever.

This is also why COIE had little to no, if at all, any scathing influence on Hypertime.

But the rules of DC are inherently different to Marvel, so it is anyone who's guess on how Death will deal with Phoenix.

Death of the endless isn't a conduit but a death itself, she's way beyond even the hypertime.