Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4760 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

Pics From the Set of the New Conan Film

• 66 results
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By ComicCrazy

................................wait...what?
    sambalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By sambalam

He definitely kicked butt on Stargate Atlantis, though it never felt like they let him stretch his acting chops except for a few key episodes that were sometimes the highlights of a given season. Hopefully the movie will give Mamoa more to do than just have his shirt off, stab, and kick people (though I approve of it anyway!)

Reserving judgment, as I do with most comic book movies and/or remakes until I view them in person...or otherwise.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Sparda
    @sambalam said:
    " He definitely kicked butt on Stargate Atlantis, though it never felt like they let him stretch his acting chops except for a few key episodes that were sometimes the highlights of a given season. Hopefully the movie will give Mamoa more to do than just have his shirt off, stab, and kick people (though I approve of it anyway!)  Reserving judgment, as I do with most comic book movies and/or remakes until I view them in person...or otherwise. "
    I like you, newcomer!

Welcome to the Vine.
    sambalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sambalam
    @Sparda said:
    " @sambalam said:
    " He definitely kicked butt on Stargate Atlantis, though it never felt like they let him stretch his acting chops except for a few key episodes that were sometimes the highlights of a given season. Hopefully the movie will give Mamoa more to do than just have his shirt off, stab, and kick people (though I approve of it anyway!)  Reserving judgment, as I do with most comic book movies and/or remakes until I view them in person...or otherwise. "
    I like you, newcomer!  Welcome to the Vine. "
    Thanks!
    -Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By -Vigil-

I don't really like Conan, but WOO! RONAN DEX!

Quntumking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Quntumking

a CONAN film could be cool: but i thought the ROCK would be in it. well i hope some way some how they do find a way to make the SHAZAM movie so rocky can play black adam.

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By devilmanex

Knew about it....My mom loves this dude, she thinks he's sexy ( I think she has a thing for Samoans, she loves the Rock as well).  As a dude....as a dude from the 80's....as a dude born in the 80's who works out.....as a dude born in the 80's who works out AND is an actor.... sorry man, Jason...Conan needs to be BIG! lol I told my mom about this movie last year when they started filming and we had a big debate about it.  She knew the original Conan movie but not the comics.  She swears he can live up to Arnold's performance which in my opinion surpassed its origin material.  I will admit that Arnold is WAY taller than Conan in comics but at least Frazetta's Conan is cock diesel too.  Momoa is like 6'4"!  Thats NO excuse why he couldnt hit the gym SUPER hard in 6 months and gain 20 lbs!  He COULD have done it but now lookin at him, I'm skeptical.  20 years after the first Conan movie I rewatch it and say DAMN Arnold was in top form, and think "I STILL cant face that barbarian in combat"  and I'm not a small man! Momoa...my mommy loves ya, but you ain't kicking my ass!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#58  Edited By The Impersonator

I hope it turns out good.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NightFang3

This guy could work.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By theicon

yeh conan on crack,   he's more tarzan then conan   wack very dissapointing

Kazenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Kazenji
    @CaptainUseless said:
    "Conan film? Odd, we get pics from the set before finding out that the film's being made... "

Actually it was announced way back in 2008 and the start of this year where more things started to happen with it. 
    ghasl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ghasl1

I thought Raw Leiba would play conan but I guess I was wrong, the thing is  Momoa needs a 300 spartan workout and after his tired out he has has to say 'crommm' in a cool way. I dont imagine him sounding the way conan would after watching him in stargate atlantis.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#63  Edited By Ryonslaught

a conan film?........ wooooo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bruce Vain

Being a huge Conan fan of not only the movie but also the comics. I truly dislike this guy playing him. To me he looks likes the guy from 10,000 B.C. movie.
    scorpius72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By scorpius72

Rockin Bod, super hot Conan.   
    seriously, as long as they are rebooting this C-list franchise, wheres Grace Jones? i know, fat chance, but she was the only good thing about 'Conan' EVER!    
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ssejllenrad

Ronon is Conan... Ehehehehe!

kalel60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By kalel60

i want to see arnold finnish the conan story
    logan48227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By logan48227
    @theicon said:
    "yeh conan on crack,   he's more tarzan then conan   wack very dissapointing "

Agreed. Maybe its because I grew up on Arnold as Conan, but this guy looks too small for the role IMHO. Mamoa does have the more trim & athletic build for Tarzan though.
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#69  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

After seeing Arnold as Conan, any one who is not built like a human bulldozer doesn't "fit the mold".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.