Follow

Comic Book Care

Concept » Comic Book Care appears in 52 issues.

Advice from other collectors on how to care for and store your books.

DrawerBox

fatetwister64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fatetwister64

Dose anybody use these?

Wondering if anyoen has and experieces they wanna share regarding the quality of these.

addisont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By addisont

I just switched to them about 8 months ago. Well rather I started purchasing them 8 months ago. I have NOT put my entire collection in them as it will cost too much money. I have one box full of comics adn two others full of TB's and hard covers etc. I will only buy the drawer boxes from this point on to allow for better access as I have as of last week 28 long boxes full. The only drawback I ahve noticed to this point is if you pull the drawer out far enough to access the books in the back that the entire box tries to tip over if it is on top of the stack. Hope this helps.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

They're sturdy, reliable, but expensive.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NiteFly

They are extremely well constructed compared to regular boxes.  The promotional material often includes a clip or pic of a guy standing on one with the drawer fully extended.  They are made from more sturdy cardboard than standard longboxes, and they are reinforced more.  An added benefit of them is that when stacked you still have access to your books.  As mentioned they are more expensive than standard boxes, but have definite advantages.

THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By THALASTDRAGON

i was lookin into these as well, i just never bought any. i saw tha ads years ago and checked them out in person at a wizard world chicago show a few years ago. they seemed pretty good.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By tonis

I switched all my boxes over to these in the past 6 months. Ended up with 25 long and 10 short. The ones actually called "Drawer Boxes" are really solid, but also REALLY expensive with shipping so I only tried 5 of those. The BCW variation is about the same price as a normal long box plus a buck or two. I did 30 of those. They all work great, although I wouldn't recommend stacking more than 5 high without some good weight distribution.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.