Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

x-men help

box1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By box1992

Hi guys, I have been on and off collecting comics. I need to start back again. I stopped somewhere between Uncanny x-men volume 2. I collected astonishing x-men, wolverine and the x-men and uncanny. Should I get all the ones I dont have and then jump into the curernt volume 3? I heard All new x-men is really good as well. Is there a continuation from the 2nd to the 3rd volume? Please let me know. Thanks

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Check out this list below, it should give you a fair idea of what X-Men titles you should be reading. I've only missed out X-Men Brian wood title and Uncanny Avengers.

X-Men recommendations(the X-Men titles).

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler

said:

I've been looking to read some X-Men could anyone name a few good stories or runs to read?

yeah, I can probably name them all, but I'll start you with this:

As has been mentioned, Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men (issues 1-24, or the first four trades, Gifted, Dangerous, Torn, and Unstoppable) are great. And a great place to start.

For more classic stories,Days of Future Past and Marvel Graphic Novel #5 - X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills really can't be beat. Or just about anything up until the end of the Mutant Massacre is all really good.

The original Genosha story line from The Uncanny X-Men #235 - "Welcome to Genosha" (#235-238) is pretty good.

For more contemporary stories, I still like House of M. And, though, not traditional X-men type stories Uncanny X-Force (about a secret team of X-men assassins) and Ultimate Comics X-Men #19 - Reservation X; Part One and onward (more of a sci-fi political drama, really) have both been pretty interesting.

Currently, I'd recommend Wood's X-men (vol.4),Uncanny X-Men(vol.3) andAll-New X-Men most, as well as the aforementioned UCXM. Hope that helps :v

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.