Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Umm... Original 5 Road trip + Terrigen Death Cloud.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

One of the main reasons I couldn't take this year seriously is because the X-men spent so much time focusing on how important the Original 5 X-men were-- EVEN THE AVENGERS dipped into this kool-aid. And there was a moment where Tyke almost died and ALL REALITY almost unraveled butterfly Effect style.

So.. now that a Terigen Death Cloud is circling the globe-- The Original 5 are STILL separated from the main X-men having a roadtrip.... And the Avengers who ALWAYS love to get into the X-men's business from time to time seem not to care.. About a poisonous cloud killing a species of people on the extinction list-- but at any moment this cloud could hit the O5 and underwrite all history.

And the writing is so bad that Storm said we need Jean-- and nobody else from the O5. WTF?

It's as if the writers don't know how to transition.

For pete's sake they had Young Beast go to Ancient Egypt.... I thought they weren't allowed to go back in time????

It just seems like the people writing the X-men comics don't even read X-men. Heck-- I imagine some of us could write better X-stories if given the chance.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Lol...so basically all the stuff we already said didnt make sense

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd imagine of us would write some mighty terrible comic books. Storm "needing" Jean was probably a result of the writers getting their pick of characters and Lemire not wanting the rest of the 05. That kind of cherry picking and editorial restriction/rules/oversight is what makes it seem so easy from the outside perspective to write something decent. You don't have to juggle an entire line and discuss everything with a platoon of other writers who are molding something in the same "consistent" universe.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

And it doesn't explain how Kitty is back from space to lead the gold team, while not going back to the O5. This is just VERY inconsistent to the point where I can't take this seriously.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic angel can destroy the cloud with his energy wings.

Iceman can flash freeze the terigen cloud.

Storm can blow it out to space.

Magik can teleport it to space.

Storm needing jean is because she didnt have a telepath on her team. We must admit jean is still one of the most powerful mutants and will always be the heart of the X-Men

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.