Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

too much glass cannons in x-men roster

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthphoenix

There are few x-men characters that have durability and would drop dead as soon a bullet hits him or her. Just what like happened to cyclops of ultimate-verse.

Even the Omega powered mutants Like Rachel and Jean would instantly die when hit by a car or shot but any gun. If they are shot with their tk shield off.

Other glass cannons are

storm

Hope

Magik

magneto

siryn

dazzler

psylocke

Havoc

polaris

oya

firestar

tempus

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They same can be said for most street level heroes.

Beata

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they weren't vulnerable then there would be no sense of danger and the mutants would be dehumanized by the reader.

And really if were counting being shot with tk fields down or hit with a car as examples then Captain America, Batman, The Flash and Wonder Woman would count if they don't have their powers on. Invulnerability is a power that ruins stories.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind glass canons. I tend to play them in RPGs. And I think Koays is right - my favorite heroes tend to have god-like powers, but are still mortal. I never got into Superman and many mid to high tier DC characters because of this.

@koays said:

If they weren't vulnerable then there would be no sense of danger and the mutants would be dehumanized by the reader.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many of the avengers have multiple powers that include durability.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: The X-Men aren't just a super hero team like the Justice League or Avengers. A big part of their mythos is about being everyday people inspite of the things they can do and how people only see them for the things that they can do.

And really if the X-Men had 2 or 3 Blue Marvel's on the team then i'd be on team "Build More Sentinels".

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many of the avengers have multiple powers that include durability.

There are levels of durability, many of the Avengers would be just as dead from a bullet regardless of their durability, with the of exception members that have mostly physical powers. As mentioned Captain America, as durable as he is against blunt force he is not bullet proof.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's what makes it so much better when they let loose with the cannons and make it happen. Wolverine, Rogue, and Colossus play the roles of tanks for the team.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto has force fields so not a glass cannon.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Of this list: Magneto, Polaris, Havok, Psylocke and Dazzler have ways to amp their durability. Tempus' powers work in such a way that durability is redundent.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogue doesnt have ms marvel's durability anymore, right?

dazzler is running for Resurrection Queen post. Giving jean a run for her money. haha

i didnt know Magneto, Polaris, Havok, Psylocke and Dazzler can increase their durability.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.