Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is there ever a "right reason" for the X-men to kill?

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

If anyone reads my reviews, you will see that I was very unhappy with the depiction of Psylocke in the final issue of her limited series.  I am not going to spoil the ending but i AM going to ask...is there ever a good or right reason for the X-men to kill someone? Other then being outright attacked by them.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By castleking
    yes. this the X-men not Superman. they are not naive they view themselves as soldiers and will kill to stop further killing and tormenting 
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By EdwardWindsor

see current xforce  they are made for that specific reason and have active xmen as members that seek out constant threats and eliminate them under cykes orders

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ironshadow
    @castleking: AGREED
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @lazystudent said:

" see current xforce  they are made for that specific reason and have active xmen as members that seek out constant threats and eliminate them under cykes orders "

Ah, nuts.  You beat me to it... 

Not to mention, Wolverine has been killing for years since becoming an X-Man. 

Storm once believed that she had killed Marrow in order to stop Gene Nation from killing a subway train full of kidnapped commuters. 

Xavier thought he had killed Shadow King back in Cairo.  Of course, that was written before the whole 'he murdered his twin while in the womb' story with Cassandra Nova. 

Archangel tried so hard to kill Cameron Hodge for amputating his wings. 

The X-Men even considered killing Scarlet Witch to prevent her from becoming another mutant menace in the public eye...

In fact, the X-Men have a pretty bloody past really.  
    monamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By monamos

In the first issue of Psylocke's mini, Betsy casually offered to kill Sack....certainly wish she would've. What an awful name....Sack. He must've been well acquainted with the diabolical Taint, unless he was too "uptight".

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @xerox-kitty:  sorry kitty had to say it lol , least you had more points in back up lol
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By uncanny89

As alot of people here have said, alot of the x-men have killed and I dotnthink that this character has been mentioned but Emma Frost: 

She has tried to kill the x-men while she was the white queen 
    She has killed guards at Frost technologies (while in Icemans body) 
    She Killed her sister (She did deserve it though) 
    Ans finally she came up with the idea to kill the Scarlet Witch in House of M
    Vathers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vathers

Wolverine has probably killed thousands of people by now.  Mass murderer actually.  But the motive behind it was never just to hurt someone.  He's just a misunderstood person.  All he ever wanted was to be left alone, and he views the X Men has somewhat of a family.  But keep in mind now, Logan's family was really messed up.  So he doesn't trust anyone but himself....

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gold Dust Boi: 
    cant understand why if you read the issue then you would know that
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @CATMANEXE: But thats my point...his body and mind were damaged and he was no longer thinking straight.  Thats why assisted suicide is still illegal.  Even if he was begging and pleading for her to kill him, thats jsut all the more reason that she shouldnt because he clearly needed help...not to be killed...he did some terrible things to her but thats what i mean when i say they should be better.  She should have risen above all the terrible things he did and all the threats he was making and seen him for what he was: a broken man looking for an easy way out.  He shouldnt have been killed, he really should have been somehow incapacitated and given some sort of help...and if he got better and still wanted to come after her for not killing him then think what a great story that would have been.
    monamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By monamos
    @Gold Dust Boi: ...that's why they had her go ahead and kill him....it would have been redundant. if you look back during the Revanche arch, Psylocke actually did stop him from committing suicide when Revanche succumbed to the legacy virus. this was actually a good way to tie up all the loose ends...ntm suicide is considered honorable in Japan. i get it that you have moral qualms with it, but ninjas don't bleed butterfly farts in battle, they spill their guts and die.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gold Dust Boi said:
    " @CATMANEXE: But thats my point...his body and mind were damaged and he was no longer thinking straight.  Thats why assisted suicide is still illegal.  Even if he was begging and pleading for her to kill him, thats jsut all the more reason that she shouldnt because he clearly needed help...not to be killed...he did some terrible things to her but thats what i mean when i say they should be better.  She should have risen above all the terrible things he did and all the threats he was making and seen him for what he was: a broken man looking for an easy way out.  He shouldnt have been killed, he really should have been somehow incapacitated and given some sort of help...and if he got better and still wanted to come after her for not killing him then think what a great story that would have been. "
    actually he lives in japan, so assisted suicide isnt illegal. thats a samurai code. in fact i live in Montana. 
    assisted suicide was legalized a month ago, as it has been in a few other states. so the legality reason is gone
    since thats now just a matter of opinion and preference you know?

the whole point was she did rise above being a bad person, one who wanted to take revenge on him, and helped
    him to die for the right reasons. honor. and because she understood exactly what he was going through. this on top
    of if she hadnt, he would have started doing bad things, and killing just to get her to do it. your confused as to the difference
    between western values and ancient samurai codes, the second where what was in play here. maybe you forgot that
    in Psylockes last 1-shot, she also killed Slaymaster? 
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

double post in order to preserve the balance of the virtual universe...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

Don't forget that Matsu-o assisted in Revanche's suicide.  In a strange way, he's having part of her (Kwannon's body) aid in his own convoluted suicide. 

However, this wasn't assisted suicide.  It wasn't a terminally ill man.  Matsu'o may have been disfigured by Wolverine, but he was still essentially a strong men.  He had contrived events to lead to his death, but that isn't assisted suicide.  Yes, it is suicidal behaviour of him, but ultimately it's still murder.  A mercy killing?  Yes, but still murder nonetheless.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

Logan Killed Mariko Yashida To Prevent Her A Torturous Death By Poison - Good Reason / Sad Circumstances
     Logan Killed Mariko Yashida To Prevent Her A Torturous Death By Poison - Good Reason / Sad Circumstances

Illyana Rasputin Killed An Alternate Reality Storm To Prevent Her Soul From Being Destroyed. -  I Would Much Rather My Body Die Than My Eternal Soul.
    Illyana Rasputin Killed An Alternate Reality Storm To Prevent Her Soul From Being Destroyed. -  I Would Much Rather My Body Die Than My Eternal Soul.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.