Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Fight the power: mutants unbound

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

This is a thread where we further ridicule the ridiculous T-mist "menace" to the guys that do hyper-mega-super-extraordinary stuff basically on a daily basis. Right here this a thread that confirms there are mutants who could've solved the "T-crisis" all by themselves. If you didn't realize by this point, this is the featzzzzzzzz thread! So here's mine short list of mutant who can get rid of the mist all by themselves (or with a little friendly combo).

4. Magneto:

No Caption Provided

Removing the mist with Magnetic Vortex? Check.

3. Psylocke and Prestige (:PPPPPPPPPPPP):

A dome that can shield a city... use you imagination now.

2. Exodus:

No Caption Provided

Same as previous pretty much, only he "shields" an island.

1. Storm:

No Caption Provided

No comments...

--------------------------------------------------------

Have fun.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her name is not prestige. Shes a grown woman. Call her Rachel.

Also my favorite thing in the last year has been the denial and defense of nonsense by the writers. Like everyone is out there chanting "X-Fans so difficult" when all weve been saying is that the end of the stories that they make us pay for doesnt match the beginning.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm begging you all... Please Boycott This IVX Bullsh*t!!! If you can't fully quit the X-men at least just don't buy anything else until Resurrextion(not that it's any better but we gotta start somewhere right) or just read it in the store but don't buy this. Let's send a message for once instead of just complaining on the net.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily, I find other ways for reading the comics aside from actually buying ten. :P

No Jean feat? Oh well, time to make a trip to the "The Most Powerful Psi in the World" thread in the Jean forums.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus one for the boycott.

Also Storm has wind power and it is a cloud.

#thread

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PyroFN

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/3222128-new128p05.jpg

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh if there's a grown man that is called Mister Sinister and he happens to be unambiguously evil, Prestige is so much game. Love it :]

@hawk2916 said:

I'm begging you all... Please Boycott This IVX Bullsh*t!!! If you can't fully quit the X-men at least just don't buy anything else until Resurrextion(not that it's any better but we gotta start somewhere right) or just read it in the store but don't buy this. Let's send a message for once instead of just complaining on the net.

Well, agreed. There are other "unconventional" ways to read them too.

@pyrofn said:

No Jean feat? Oh well, time to make a trip to the "The Most Powerful Psi in the World" thread in the Jean forums.

Like I said, have fun. This thread is free for all. ;)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, a little help with posting scans, please? -.-

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-fans are weird.

The X-Men have had all sorts of strange happenings vex them that could have been easily dealt with by some character and their powers throughout the years.....but yeah, the Inhumans and their gas cloud is where we draw the line.

Cool story fam.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

When Scarlet Witch depowered mutants she used cosmic forces to wipe the gene out of existence. It's silly as hell, but not something you can deal with by conventional ways in universe. Hell, even the Legacy virus can be easily explained to be such a big deal because Stryfe had access to Apoc's Celestial tech, and since Celestial are the source of super mutations on Earth (and not only), voila! It all can make sense!

Now when mutants all of a sudden consider a cloud to be such an insuperable menace to their existence, and the story wants you simply to accept it being such demanding from you to stay brainless, because only then you can possibly accept that no mutant could possibly do anything about that, then yeah, you must be totally weird to find it a terrible story drive.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle:

When Scarlet Witch depowered mutants she used cosmic forces to wipe the gene out of existence. It's silly as hell, but not something you can deal with by conventional ways in universe.

Compared to what?? Comic books are ridiculous to the point where characters have plot device intelligence where they can invent dues ex machina machines to solve any manner of problem. Reed Richards, friend and ally of the X-Men and mutants, has built devices that have defeated omnipotent beings, cured uncurable ailments, and broke the very fabric of reality. Not to mention many of the X-Men have come back from death and have broken all laws of physics on a regular basis.

What is your measuring stick for what's "conventional" exactly??

@adamtrmm said:

Now when mutants all of a sudden consider a cloud to be such an insuperable menace to their existence, and the story wants you simply to accept it being such demanding from you to stay brainless, because only then you can possibly accept that no mutant could possibly do anything about that, then yeah, you must be totally weird to find it a terrible story drive.

Well, yeah, you are kind of supporting my point here except you are being a bit more snarky where I am being nihilistic about the whole thing. It's stupid. It's always stupid. It's comic books about people with super powers who punch the majority of their problems. I don't see how the ridiculousness of the X-Men not being able to survive a gas cloud that some of them could easily dispel is any different from a number of other problems they have encountered. There was a story where they sacrificed themselves to stop a God from destroying the fabric of reality by letting their souls be weaponized, then they were reincarnated 1 minute later with no lasting effects, Jean "returned" to life by healing a telekinetic cocoon, Magneto has seemingly died several times, including being impaled by Wolverine, and has returned to life each time, but the suspension of disbelief required to believe that some cloud would hinder the X-Men when some of them of them could stop it is too much??

It would be like after you read the Galactus story arc in Fantastic Four 48 you had an problem with the Fantastic Four being challenged by the likes of the Red Ghost, because it was "unbelievable" because characters should have been able to deal with his menace that he launched in the story line.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

Compared to what?? Comic books are ridiculous to the point where characters have plot device intelligence where they can invent dues ex machina machines to solve any manner of problem. Reed Richards, friend and ally of the X-Men and mutants, has built devices that have defeated omnipotent beings, cured uncurable ailments, and broke the very fabric of reality. Not to mention many of the X-Men have come back from death and have broken all laws of physics on a regular basis.

What is your measuring stick for what's "conventional" exactly??

Compared to other extinction plots? Reed Richards also failed to make Kitty Pryde tangible and myself not being the biggest FF expert still pretty sure he failed at lots of other plot conveniences. Yes it is plot convenience, ok, I'm not arguing that. It all depends on how the context rolls. Going back to the first example, depowering mutants was achieved with a universal+ force, shutting down the X-gene within the fabric of reality. Now tell me please how will you deal with it. Probably, with something that is equally powerful because all the conventional, "genius" ways (Endangered Species) proved to be unsuccessful. So no man made plot device here. Plot convenience, but one that works perfectly. It was simply above anyone else to solve, no matter how silly wiping a gene out of existence even sounds.

Now no need to be a genius to understand how you can deal with a toxic cloud in a world where people like the ones I mentioned above exist.

Well, yeah, you are kind of supporting my point here except you are being a bit more snarky where I am being nihilistic about the whole thing. It's stupid. It's always stupid.

Not always, but most of the times. I want it to become less rare, why is that so criminal? :p

It's comic books about people with super powers who punch the majority of their problems.

But sometimes it does feel good, and thus good enough in pushing the right button. So, art being art?

I don't see how the ridiculousness of the X-Men not being able to survive a gas cloud that some of them could easily dispel is any different from a number of other problems they have encountered.

Well, sorry, but if you're not seeing a problem here, let alone the one that has to be dealt with for the sake of future stories at the very least, I think I cannot help you see.

There was a story where they sacrificed themselves to stop a God from destroying the fabric of reality by letting their souls be weaponized, then they were reincarnated 1 minute later with no lasting effects, Jean "returned" to life by healing a telekinetic cocoon, Magneto has seemingly died several times, including being impaled by Wolverine, and has returned to life each time, but the suspension of disbelief required to believe that some cloud would hinder the X-Men when some of them of them could stop it is too much??

Well, yes? None of what you mentioned is even quarter as idiotic. There are other descriptions for those instances, but none of them would be "idiotic".

Or maybe it's just me? Someone quote me, because I feel like I'm missing something.

It would be like after you read the Galactus story arc in Fantastic Four 48 you had an problem with the Fantastic Four being challenged by the likes of the Red Ghost, because it was "unbelievable" because characters should have been able to deal with his menace that he launched in the story line.

It's kinda apples and oranges. I'm not seeing the parallel. There are different kinds of threats, the question is, if this threat is legitimately plausible or not? If not, then the writer has failed and needs to be called out on his bull. Every single time. Simple as that.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Demanding better storytelling and quality should never get old no matter how often it has been ignored. That's the way I see it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.