Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Enough already!!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By McKlayn

This forum has been full of debates about the outcome of AVX, questions about whose out fit is cooler and why Jason Aaron sucks. I have been waiting and yet no All New X men topic! So come on guys, All New X men has two issues out and with the Controversial Bendis at the Helm and it suppose to be our "New Flag Ship" I am very interested to hear the opinions of the community in general.

What do you like? Don't like? You eager for another issue are already missing Gillen's Uncanny? Let's go people plenty of good arguments to be had about this :D

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

Bendis has really shocked me with this title. This is THE mainstream X-book to be buying. It is going to be the bridge that links WATX and Uncanny X-Men.

What do I like? Bendis is actually paying attention to little details. Like Storm calling Tony and Reed. She was a member of both those teams.

Don't like? The concept is still really strange to me, but I am liking where it is going.

I don't miss Gillen's Uncanny. I thought it was ok, but never great.

You were right and I was wrong. There I said it.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JohnnyGat

I'm giving my judgement on Bendis' run on X-men an arc and a half but so far it's been mixed for me. The first issue felt rushed at least for me, the second issue was definitely better. I am enjoying the art though and as far as the concept goes it has peaked my curiosity.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

Really liking All New X-Men so far. Still wondering how Jean was able to knock out Wolverine with her JUST discovered psychic powers when he's been repeatedly shown to be immensely resilient to those in the past.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine

I've really enjoyed the first two issues of All New X-Men. It's miles better than WaTXM.

Can't wait for teen Cyke to meet present Cyke.

The art is awesome too.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blood1991

@John Valentine said:

I've really enjoyed the first two issues of All New X-Men. It's miles better than WaTXM.

Can't wait for teen Cyke to meet present Cyke.

The art is awesome too.

That and Emma to see Teen Jean

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

It's okay, certainly not one of the best X-Books with a second issue, but it's okay.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991:

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Death Certificate

When did beast have time machine?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Death Certificate said:

When did beast have time machine?

It would have been convenient for him to use it before M Day. But I guess he saves the good tech for half-cocked schemes.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@JonSmith said:

Really liking All New X-Men so far. Still wondering how Jean was able to knock out Wolverine with her JUST discovered psychic powers when he's been repeatedly shown to be immensely resilient to those in the past.

Not only that but Kid Omega has been teaching him how to strengthen his resistance even more

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PassionFlower

Bendis is off to a good start it looks like it might be pretty good.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McKlayn

Your all right about the Wolverine being knocked out thing, its odd but i enjoyed the hell out of it :D

The concept is really crazy and odd and the motivations seem a little off, but it's been such an interesting read i just don't care, the Old X men are not taking shit and doing what they would do,finding answers for themselves and not letting this "future" control them, i love it.

Also I for one do not miss Gillen's X men either, it was meh but not one of the better series. I am however now officially stoked about the New Uncanny X men :D

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TimeLordScience

On Wolverine's being knocked out, one could argue that he was in a very minor state of shock at Jean being there to begin with.

imperial90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By imperial90

Well Bendis did have Logan saying "come on jean you know that doesn't work on me" before he went clonk, my guess is they'll say why it seems to have so much more umph in a later issue.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McKlayn

@imperial90 said:

Well Bendis did have Logan saying "come on jean you know that doesn't work on me" before he went clonk, my guess is they'll say why it seems to have so much more umph in a later issue.

His book thus far has really left alot of loop holes, but he seemingly goes back and fills them in. The fact that Human beast mentioned the time space continuum thing leads me to believe he has a way to fix the time travel issue alot of people were complaining about ( I mean Layla miller did it in X factor so its not impossible/ and by problems i mean time traveling in your own time line of course ) and it could also mean he explains how jean got into his head so easy

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By TheCrowbar

Xtreme X-men is all I'm buying at the moment, sorry, of the X- flavor that is.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UltraBiel

Once again I'm alone hating it...It is just like x-men first class. Everbody saying that loved the movie, and only eons latter realized the many flaws and plot holes it had.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19  Edited By x_29

I was really mixed on the first issue, but really dug the latest issue.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@Blood1991 said:

Bendis has really shocked me with this title. This is THE mainstream X-book to be buying. It is going to be the bridge that links WATX and Uncanny X-Men.

What do I like? Bendis is actually paying attention to little details. Like Storm calling Tony and Reed. She was a member of both those teams.

Don't like? The concept is still really strange to me, but I am liking where it is going.

I don't miss Gillen's Uncanny. I thought it was ok, but never great.

Why did she do that?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@stormphoenix: Beast had some sort of mid-devolution attack, she called for their assistance on the matter.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By papad1992

Surprisingly... I think it's a really great series thus far!! Not only has it impressed me, art wise, character wise, story wise, etc, but despite Bendis being on the creative team and it featuring time travel, I REALLY don't mind his take on the X-Men!!

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By chasereis

@papad1992: Could not agree more. Bendis is a decent writer, not saying he is the frank miller or alan moore of this generation by any stretch of the imagination. The art is perfect for this book though and I am really pleased by the "first class" treatment with the pencils and coloring. I cannot wait for Now scott to see then Jean. I bet he has a tertiary mutation to shoot force beams out of his @ss when he sees her.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, issue 3 was quite horrible lol.

Tommy_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tommy_X

Well I was interested in this series but little worried because so many seem to hate Bendis but I was hopeful and the first two issues were okay, if you don't count the fact that the pace of the story was little off. But now I read third issue and almost all of my optimism disappeared... there were so many problems like the pace was now even more off than in the first issue and

when Beast and others were wondering how Cyke's team finds new mutants so quicly I was certain that it had something to do with new power upgrades or at least some cerebro tech but to find out that they were just looking for the info from internet via iPad?! WTF?! They got some new Cerebro Mutant Locator App or what?! And after reading Emma's lines I finally know what this Bendis speak is that I've heard so much about... It wasn't Emma speaking in those panels! She doesn't talk like that!

soundjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By soundjam

I liked the first three issues. That being said, Cable & X-Force is still the x book I'm looking forward to most.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Daycrawler

@UltraBiel said:

Once again I'm alone hating it...It is just like x-men first class. Everbody saying that loved the movie, and only eons latter realized the many flaws and plot holes it had.

What flaws and plot holes (re: ANXM) do you mean? Just feel it's a bit early to be calling Bendis out on that given that we're only three issues in and are just getting started. Sure, there's the potential for plot holes if not handled right later on, but nothing jumped out at me as being a plot hole outwith this. To be fair, I've only read through them once so far. Interested in specific examples of what you think is a flaw or problem.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#28  Edited By papad1992

@chasereis said:

@papad1992: Could not agree more. Bendis is a decent writer, not saying he is the frank miller or alan moore of this generation by any stretch of the imagination. The art is perfect for this book though and I am really pleased by the "first class" treatment with the pencils and coloring. I cannot wait for Now scott to see then Jean. I bet he has a tertiary mutation to shoot force beams out of his @ss when he sees her.

Ha ha funny... agreed, can't wait till next issue!! What a cliffhanger with this last one!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, this'll be a good series if you're a fan of blatant character-assassination, contrived plots and simplistic, voiceless dialogue writing centered around the contrived plot and some breakfast.

Oh, and if like Tom Brevoort, the story's more interesting to you than what happens to the characters involved in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.