Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Destiny of X- Details, Previews & Leaks

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays
    No Caption Provided

IMMORTAL X-MEN

No Caption Provided

That's another area I can't talk much about. Partly because the fallout from Inferno is so striking and partly because something big happens in the first few pages of our first issue. I'm sure more about that inciting incident will be revealed later, but I don't think we need to know just yet.

I wish I could talk more about the first issue. I'm very happy with it because it illustrates the pitch and says, "This is what the book's about." We've got politics, voting over something incredibly high stakes. We've got some big plays, somebody tripping up, and a big, "Oh my god they're doing that!" reveal, and then another one. There are also explosions. It's not just people sitting around a table and voting. This is still a glorious, high sheen -- Lucas [Werneck] does superhero action books. It's the other side as well though. It's also about how do we make the Quiet Council glamorous?

It's like when you're watching Succession. That show looks great. I hadn't watched it until well after I started on Immortal X-Men and Eternals. Both these books though, at times, feel very much in the mood of Succession. I started watching it about two months ago and it's like, "This is a comedy/drama about awful people in a political situation." Also to be fair, the X-Men are considerably better people than the characters of Succession [laughs] -- except for Sinister, and a few others. They have that kind of energy.

- Kieron Gillen

IMMORTAL X-MEN #1

Kieron Gillen (W) • Lucas Werneck (A) • Cover by Mark Brooks

IN THE QUIET COUNCIL, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM!

The Quiet Council rules the Krakoan age, for better… or worse. Now, shaken by INFERNO and X LIVES / X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE they strive to hold together, no matter how much they want to tear each other apart. Writer Kieron Gillen (UNCANNY X-MEN, ETERNALS, The Wicked + The Divine, Die) returns to the world of X with artist Lucas Werneck (TRIAL OF MAGNETO) to bring us all into the room where it happens. “It” being “the most powerful people on Earth deciding the fate of the whole planet.” Prepare for sinister secrets to be revealed and learn that some secrets are more sinister than others…

MARAUDERS

No Caption Provided

Steve Orlando takes over as writer starting with the Annual in January.

MARAUDERS #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • ELEONORA CARLINI (A) • Cover by KAEL NGU

NEW TEAM! NEW VILLAINS! NEW MYSTERIES!

Captain Pryde and the Marauders are rededicating themselves to rescuing mutants, wherever they may be, and no matter how dangerous the odds against them are. But Captain Pryde’s crew is not yet complete! Against her better judgment, Pryde comes face-to-face with the final Marauder: Cassandra Nova! One of the most infamous villains in mutant history might be the Marauders’ only chance to unravel a mystery stretching two billion years into the past!

X-Force

No Caption Provided

Current X-Force writer Ben Percy will stay on for Destiny of X’s X-Force book, launching in April. The official teaser shows X-Force members Wolverine, Kid Omega, Beast, Force and Sage hooked into Cerebrex, which seems to be an upgraded version of the current Cerebro worn by Professor X.

"There has never been an easy time for X-Force, but the year ahead is going to be particularly chaotic and challenging. I can't get into too much detail about X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE—because Beast has listed those files as classified—but I will say that there are repercussions. For some of the characters of course. But also for one of the Cerebro units, which has become sentient, and it's hunger for intelligence and power is quite literal. Cerebrax is coming. You should also expect some dramatic shake-ups to the team roster and a major transformation for Kid Omega that we've been building toward for some time. Take cover, because one of my favorite villains in the 616 is showing up in a multi-issue story I've been wanting to write for years. And expect for the Man With the Peacock Tattoo to finally be unmasked. Robert Gill's art is blowing my mind and melting my email inbox; I can't wait to share it with you all. Get ready for menace, mayhem, and moral confusion." - Benjamin Percy

X-FORCE #27

Written by BENJAMIN PERCY

Art by ROBERT GILL

As Wolverine returns to Krakoa, the mind-melding threat of Cerebrax grips the island via a security flaw! But where does it come from, and what does it want with Forge?

Knights of X

A continuation of the current Excalibur book that ended with #26. Excalibur writer Tini Howard will be joined by artist Bob Quinn on Knights of X

No Caption Provided

KNIGHTS OF X #1

Written by TINI HOWARD

On Sale 4/13

The gates to Otherworld are closed — and Captain Britain is trapped on the wrong side! Usurpers Merlyn and his right-hand man, King Arthur, are now in control of Lunatic Citadel. Furies the size of Sentinels raze villages to the ground in their hunt for the "witchbreed." Cut off from Krakoa, Betsy Braddock is Otherworld's only hero — and to save her people, Betsy must recruit a round table of her own. The Knights of X gather to restore the rightful order and rescue desperate mutants — but their quest is about to get so much bigger than that. This is the era of destiny…and the fate of Otherworld lies at the center of mutantkind's future.

X-Men

No Caption Provided

X-MEN #9

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Javier Pina (A) • Cover by Pepe Larraz

Trading Card Variant Cover by Russell Dauterman

Promo Variant Cover by Leinil FRANCIS Yu • CARNAGE FOREVER Variant Cover by TBA

STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY NATACHA BUSTOS

The Quiet Council of Krakoa. The Great Ring of Arakko. The Central Column of Orchis. Three ruling bodies, all about to make vital decisions that will affect their people for years to come…and the X-Men are caught in the cross fire.

Legion of X

No Caption Provided

“I’ve wanted to do a precinct-style ensemble story since I first read HOUSE OF X. For the first time, the Marvel Universe has this densely packed, beautiful (and beautifully volatile) population of superhumans, out in the open, all in one place. It needs peacekeepers, sure… but it’s a mistake to think of them as simply cops. You don’t get far in Krakoa if the limit of your imagination is beating people up or reaching for a gun. Mutant civilization needs those who think differently.

“That’s where Nightcrawler, Legion, Pixie and Juggernaut come in -- along with a rotating cast of your favorite mutants and non-mutants. And a couple of new faces you're going to want to watch very, very closely...

“I couldn’t be prouder to be helming this new title, with the incredible Jan Bazaldua doing the work of her life. It’s no secret that the writers of the X-office have formed one of the tightest cells of additive cross-title creativity in our industry. It’s no exaggeration to say that the events you’ll encounter in LEGION OF X are dominoes being flipped whose chains of repercussion will feed the greatest earthquake in modern comicdom, which is rumbling devastatingly down the pipe towards you even now...” - Si Spurrier

Marvel's announcement promises both old foes and new villains, describing several planned stories for the title, including "a hunt for a missing Arakkii god, a skinjacker possessing innocent mutants, and a villain worth praying for."

Wolverine

....it has Deadpool

New Mutants

No Caption Provided

THE LABORS OF MAGIK START HERE! The big two-five is here – and it’s the perfect jumping-on point for fans new and old! Illyana Rasputin is the Sorcerer Supreme and the rightful queen of Limbo…but she’s been awfully busy on Krakoa. Someone’s got their eye on the throne – and Magik isn’t the only queen in mutantdom. Vita Ayala and Rod Reis rekindle an old flame for a whole new generation of Magik lovers

X-Men Red

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Last year, mutantkind took a bold leap into the future when they terraformed Mars in the game-changing one-shot, PLANET-SIZE X-MEN. Now home to the mutants of Arakko, the Red Planet has never shined brighter or been more dangerous… Mastermind writer Al Ewing, known for his acclaimed work on IMMORTAL HULK, will pen an all-new X-Men book this April that will deal with both the promise and the threat that Arakko represents to the Marvel Universe. Joining Ewing will be artist Stefano Caselli whose dynamic and dramatic storytelling skills have already graced X-Men books like INFERNO and S.W.O.R.D. And providing the book’s main covers will be superstar Russell Dauterman, who also designed Storm’s stellar new costume.

X-MEN RED will see mutantkind divided over what’s next for Arakko. Major players like Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Abigail Brand, the mutants of the Great Ring, and many more all have different hopes—and fears—regarding Arakko’s uncertain future. A place of mystery, strength, and endless conflict, Arakko needs something more than just a team of heroes to defend it. Who will rise to the challenge?

X-MEN RED #1 asks the question: WHO CAN SAVE THE RED PLANET?

The mutants of Arakko spent millennia scarred by war — but on what was once called Mars, they’re learning to live in peace. Storm knows the red planet needs something greater than a queen. But Abigail Brand has other plans, along with an unstable Vulcan on her side and Cable keeping his own secrets. It’s a new world…and someone has to fight for it.

X-MEN RED #2 asks the question: WHO CAN TAME THE RED PLANET?

The mutants of Mars spent millennia worshipping war — and on what they now call Arakko, they’re keeping up their violent ways. Abigail Brand knows the red planet needs a firm ruler in charge. But Storm has other ideas, along with a broken Magneto in her corner and Sunspot making his own moves. It’s a new world… and someone has to claim it.

“Mutantkind terraformed Mars, bringing a dead world back to life and changing the Marvel Universe forever,” Ewing said. “Mars is now Planet Arakko, home to an ancient mutant society that spent thousands of years facing war, imprisonment and pain – and home to Storm, who won a place of power on their ruling council. Now Arakko has a chance to find peace at last and forge their own path to the future… but there are those who’d rather see them fenced in and subjugated. Does Mars really need X-Men to save it – or can the mutants of Arakko fight for themselves? Storm’s not the only one who’s asking… and the answers are in X-MEN RED.”

“After being part of Hickman’s work on the X-Men titles, I couldn’t imagine getting a greater opportunity. I was wrong! In my dream checklist, there was teaming up with Al Ewing, who is to me one of the most creative and funny writers out there. And now I can work with him on X-MEN RED!” Caselli said. “I’m really putting all of myself in this title since I’m sure me and Al can leave a remarkable series in the X-Men universe. Working on Al’s script is a pure joy, I’m like a kid on a rollercoaster: emotions, adrenaline and a sense of wonder is what I feel everyday sitting on my drawing desk. I’m just sorry I can’t talk more about it but I’m more than sure readers will be happy and hooked from the starting point! Let me just say this: keep an eye on Storm…oh guys…Storm….”

X-MEN RED #1

Written by AL EWING

Art by STEFANO CASELLI

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

On Sale 4/6

X-MEN RED #2

Written by AL EWING

Art by STEFANO CASELLI

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

On Sale 4/27

__________________________________________________________________________________________

ALSO - Claremont returns to write a Gambit solo series...

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:

@lordkaos@ashetdus@batvibe12@pyrofn@geekryan@storm_calling@warlockmage@comic_book_fan@onsipin@jagernutt@weatherwitch21@thunderbolt30@payneintheass@shepardoakenprime@xmangog__beastx@corapvp@martinceld@darthphoenix@emmafrostxmen@thevivas@ginman333@kenshiro3051996@captfalcon725@morpheus_@newecho@koays@nandope@renny@scarlet_wiccan@theinsufferable@marvelfan1992@@del_torro@adamtrmm@marvelfan1992@waitomegastorm@weatherwitch21@cruelrain@kasya_carey@lordofallhumans@princess_fiona@thevoidofdeath@lilbroomstick@subline@stealthgrey@battle123axe@whitequeen666@olorun@olorun@roddy2010@thunderscream@kgoulding@punyaamrit@cosmic_reign@mooty_pass@starchyldetsuna@sirkaboom11@one_truephoenix@marygcrisostomo@corpseeater@oraclefromhel@wesat@d2wolflike@phoenixpride@candymandy3366@nassergrant19@rac95@yuuki157@phoenixpride@divinereaper@cattlebattle@adamtrmm@hawk2916@mcklayn

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, I remember reading some of these solicits, but are they fully out???

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: All books start in April. Except X-Men which is gonna keep going throughout. Otherwise Marauders annual is the last title gonna be released till X lives/X deaths of Gerbilman is finished in March

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New costumes for Rachel and Betsy? Need a better look before I can say they are good, but so far they look a little generic. Not bad, but just a little too much like normal armor.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Storm bout to take another L?

Ororo fans…can’t catch a break lol

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: imo I want her to take an L to brand because she's been set up to be conniving but at least stalemate Gabe unless he goes about his "OMEGA LEVEEEEEEEL" bullshit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.