Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18944 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Saw on bleeding cool that there will be a superman crossover in March.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't say I'm happy about this because I don't really care for cross overs but this one could be good

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I am happy, because it is clearly the crossover that will end the "reign of the Supermen" part of Rebirth and it will give us the complete new Superman.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he'll cross over with his DCEU Version.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I am happy, because it is clearly the crossover that will end the "reign of the Supermen" part of Rebirth and it will give us the complete new Superman.

What do you mean the complete new Superman?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @squalleon said:

The Superman that will be of the main universe, and it will be the Superman going forward :)

So pretty much, Superdad with continuity cleaning :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @squalleon said:

The Superman that will be of the main universe, and it will be the Superman going forward :)

So pretty much, Superdad with continuity cleaning :P

I always thought that was going to be the case. It would be a most unceremonious pulling the rug from under us moment if DC suddenly brought New 52 Superman back.

Pre Flashpoint Superman has decades of continuity to clean though, most of which has been implied to have happened to him in the Pre 52 universe. Plus the sole survivor of another universe is actually an interesting status quo for Superman.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he'll cross over with his DCEU Version.

I do not know if this would be a good thing or a bad thing. But, it might make both better.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I always thought that was going to be the case. It would be a most unceremonious pulling the rug from under us moment if DC suddenly brought New 52 Superman back.

Pre Flashpoint Superman has decades of continuity to clean though, most of which has been implied to have happened to him in the Pre 52 universe. Plus the sole survivor of another universe is actually an interesting status quo for Superman.

Superdad is here to stay. He is successful commercially and critically, he already has spin-offs with Jon and marketing potential and he is closer to the look DC is going for with rebirth. N52 Superman doesn't work in anymore. WW is back with Trevor, the Jim Lee costume doesn't fit with the Rebirth theme, even his age won't work after the restoration of the timeline.

I wouldn't mind an opportunity for a clean up of the P52 Superman's timeline :P

Yeah, I like the twist, but it creates too much baggage for writers currently, due to the instability of Superman the last few years.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Superdad is here to stay. He is successful commercially and critically, he already has spin-offs with Jon and marketing potential and he is closer to the look DC is going for with rebirth. N52 Superman doesn't work in anymore. WW is back with Trevor, the Jim Lee costume doesn't fit with the Rebirth theme, even his age won't work after the restoration of the timeline.

I wouldn't mind an opportunity for a clean up of the P52 Superman's timeline :P

Yeah, I like the twist, but it creates too much baggage for writers currently, due to the instability of Superman the last few years.

I won't complain about that, Superdad is by far the more appropriate direction for the character and he still has plenty of storytelling potential interacting within the Rebirth DCU.

I would prefer to think of it as a streamlining of the timeline :P

Plus it jeopardises the Clark Kent identity now I think about it. How is that gonna be fixed once the new Clark mystery ends?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Plus it jeopardises the Clark Kent identity now I think about it. How is that gonna be fixed once the new Clark mystery ends?

In the beginning I thought about Superman taking the place of the faux Clark but that leaves out Jon. How will Clark and Lois explain a ten year old son :P

To be honest, Clark Kent has been a bit irrelevant lately but Clark SMITH teaching his son family values and ethics in a small rural town outside of Metropolis, is much more fitting.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: it would be nice if they went by Kent again instead of smith but with all that's happening your right about being the smiths. Also it's a better Name than white if you want to stay under the radar.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

In the beginning I thought about Superman taking the place of the faux Clark but that leaves out Jon. How will Clark and Lois explain a ten year old son :P

To be honest, Clark Kent has been a bit irrelevant lately but Clark SMITH teaching his son family values and ethics in a small rural town outside of Metropolis, is much more fitting.

Clark Smith definitely has a place as a father trying to raise his son and assuming the role his father had on him but it is a shame Clark Kent is being sidelined.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger: He's not the role survivor. Pre 52 Wally West is back too

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: I guess Wally technically counts, he seems to have memories of the Pre Flashpoint universe.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jogga

Let's not forget about Zero Hour Parillax, Hal Jordan, is still out there too

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Barry Allen

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.