Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17272 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-Man forming a new Sinister Six?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JakeN7

Spoilers for Avenging Spider-Man #17 and #18 follow.

In issue #17 of Avenging Spider-Man, Spider-Man (Dock-Ock) was asked to babysit the Future Foundation while the Fantastic Four's replacements were away. He saw this as a perfect opportunity to slip into the Baxter Building's vault and steal a jar containing Sandman. While Spidey-Ock is bringing Sandman to his underwater lab in Battery Park, a representative from the Time Variance Authority is providing narration about the Superior Spider-Man and says: "The pain he'll soon cause, the lives that will be destroyed...What happens will be horrible, have no doubt about it. But it's not about time. It's about something far more SINISTER."

In issue #18 of Avenging Spider-Man, Electro has returned to Earth and has asked A.I.M. scientists to turn him into an anti-matter version of himself so he can exact his revenge upon Thor (who was the one that threw him up into space.) Spidey-Ock is able to create a field version of the same device that A.I.M scientists used to turn Electro into anti-matter. When Thor and Electro's lightning collide, he's able to absorb Electro and end the fight. Spidey-Ock is then seen swinging away from the battlefield with some sort of battery pack on his back, and eventually returns to his underwater lab. Dock-Ock then thinks to himself: "What am I willing to do? The day will come when I will have to ask myself that question. How far am I willing to go...to get what I want?" That last bit of narration is shown on the last panel, in which Sandman and Electro are both seen in some sort of containment capsule with their names etched out on each of the capsule's bases. Three empty capsules are also lined up along the side.

That of course led me to believe that Spidey-Ock is forming a new Sinister Six, with him as the leader. We've already seen Otto's contempt for the current self-proclaimed "Sinister Six" (Within the pages of Superior Spider-Man #1) that consist of:

Beetle (Janice)

Boomerang

Living Brain

Overdrive

Shocker

Speed Demon

So it would make sense that he'd want to supplant this rag-tag team, and reclaim the Sinister Six as his own. Maybe this time as a "Superior Six?"

What do you guys think? Is my theory spot-on, or totally out there? If my theory is correct, what do you think of the idea of a Superior Spider-Man led Sinister Six?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ninjablade09

@JakeN7: Well we can't know for sure but I would say yes. The next 2 issues are about Chameleon. I don't know whats going to happen to Peter in Superior #9, but my guess Peter will be gone for the rest of the year, or until SpOck's plan is in motion when Peter some how gets control over his body. Hell maybe SpOck is forming a new 6 that he thinks would actually give him a challenge as Spider-man. But hey you never know.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By danhimself

I'm kind of wondering if he's planning on trying to replace more heroes with villains

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By InfamousFish

Good theories, I haven't been able to get the latest Avenging Spidey yet.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

I was thinking the same thing. If Yost is doing it for realsies, I'm totally in.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

It sounds cool.Maybe I should pick up AVenging Spider-Man #17-18.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By consolemaster001

lolwut ?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JakeN7

@consolemaster001: It's called reading...

Vision2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The superior six theory sounds pretty on track to me!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Yeah I don't see another reason for him collecting Electro and Sandman.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

It's pretty awesome. Yost is rocking it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.