Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17249 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

peter as oracle

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By venomyak

I've been thinking for a while that Peter Parker would work good as a background character. He would still be the star he just wouldn't be on the front lines. Pete would design gadgets and give out orders. The only way I can think to get Pete to give up crime-fighting would be to transfer his powers to someone else. Mary Jane would work well as a field agent for Peter after a power transfer. Peter could have several field agents MJ, Harry Osborn, Felicia Hardy and Flash Thompson would all work well. EDIT: Pete would still be doing some fighting on the frontlines he would just leave the bulk of the fighting to someone else, like a sidekick. Imagine him as a mix of Oracle, Robin, and Bruce Banner when he had lost his powers after Rulk drained him.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Don't take this as a slight against you, but if your idea ever comes to fruition, I will blow up a hospital. 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

Yeah no, Peter Parker is a frontline character. He comes up with methods to take down villains that other people just wouldn't consider. Now Julia Carpenter acting as support makes sense as the new Madame Web. I think she should be Oracle for Pete, Spider-Woman and Spider-Girl.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

I'd rather see other super genius characters doing this Peter is smart but he would be allot less effective than other heroes and sitting behind a desk isn't in his nature anyway

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death Certificate

It wouldn't work for peter

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Don't take this as a slight against you, but if your idea ever comes to fruition, I will blow up a hospital.

LOL

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By soccersss

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I second this

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@BlackArmor:

I agree, he reminds me a little of Reed from Criminal Minds.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.