Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17258 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

A possible Marvel Trade Paper Back Special based on the events on Charlotte

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So guys, as you may have known, yesterday there was a tragic event going on in Charlotte where I believe that there was some involvement with the white supremacist group. And a couple where injured while probably a few in that event died. But, this kind of topic isn't just about some Neo Nazi group, but this would just show how much our society has gone since this has also dealt with the whole Black Lives Matter group. So, while a tragic event like this had happened, I was thinking that if.........well.........that if Marvel would actually help make a TPB about not only the tragic event in Charlotte, but, also the whole faults in our society that involves things like SJW, Black Lives Matter, blaming white people, blaming straight white males, anything that shows some faults in our society when it sends the wrong message. And I was hoping that if Marvel would actually be able to do something like that. And I really don't mean have the heroes and other characters constantly blaming white people nor straight white males nor have our point of views coming from people who aren't really "straight white males". I'm taking about each heroes and each characters especially some villains talking about the problems with our society and how prejudice and accusations are used especially with how you actually take things too far with the accusations. I'm talking about stories where any race, gender, nor orientation doesn't make you good even if you aren't a straight white male. I'm talking about people giving some lessons to some reckless individuals whether they're African American, Asian, Muslim, Indian, Women, Jewish, Latin, And LGBT. I really like to see some messages that NO ONE is perfect NOR a saint whether you're a straight white male or not. I like to see some stories where they give people HOPE, COMFORT, and ACTUAL HEROISM. I like to see these things from most of the characters point of views whether they're straight white males and/or not. I really like to see some of these things without accusing straight white males for being eeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllll nor them being made like fools, idiots, nor incredibly incompetent in anything. Because the ones who aren't actually straight white males are also no better themselves. And if they do, then this series would faily and likely destroy Marvel's status for putting out the wrong messages for accusing ones who are straight white males while making the ones who are look like a couple of jack@#$%@ whether they try to make some of them like heroes or not.

I was also thinking of having some writers who actually have some common sense of the world and how things work in society handle some of the stories. These are who i'd like to see handling them:

Gerry Conway

Charles Soule

Gerry Duggan

Peter David

Robbie Thompson

Al Ewing

Cullen Bunn

Matthew Rosenberg

Jason Aaron

Christopher Priest

Ed Brisson

Donny Cates

Saladin Ahmed

Kelly Thompson

Greg Weisman

Chris Claremont

Tom Taylor

Becky Cloonan

Christos Gage

Ed Piskor

Simon Spurrier

Brian Wood

Kelly Sue Deconnick

Matt Fraction

Ed Brubaker

Ta-Nehise Coates

Brian Michael Bendis(He can write something good and meaningful if he wants to. That is to say that he wouldn't even accuse straight white males for anything)

David F Walker(Same with Bendis)

Greg Pak

Jeff Loveness

Hannah Blumenreich

Anthony Holden

Ryan Stegman

Mike Costa

Marguriette Bennett/Sauvage

JM DeMatteis

Christopher Hastings

Katheryn Immonen

Jonathan Hickman

Jim Zub

Joe Kelly

Robert Kirkman(If possible)

Greg Rucka

Mark Millar(Same with Bendis)

Chuck Dixon

Bryan Lee O'Malley

Rodney Barnes

Fred Van Lante

Any of them would do. Whether the stories are either compelling, emotional, lighthearted, all it matters is how well balanced with stories are and how well they're actually executed. And I really hope that Marvel does make something like this without making things incredibly mean spirited when it actually comes to blaming Straight White Males and making them more useless, incompetent, and unlikable. Readers and fans need something. And this would actually be it. Any thoughts on something like this, guys?

@animehunter

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @knightwriteri, @thor_parker82, @bjparks, @the_waffle

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to say it but I have a feeling Marvel won't bother to do anything about this in their comics and will just stick to twitter. They never did anything for the Women's March, March For Science, or any other rally or protest in the past 2 years.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to say it but I have a feeling Marvel won't bother to do anything about this in their comics and will just stick to twitter. They never did anything for the Women's March, March For Science, or any other rally or protest in the past 2 years.

Well They Should Just To Make Amends For Them. I Mean, If They Really Do Care About Diversity And Social Justice, Then They Should Actually Try To Make Some Stories For Their Trade Paper Back Into Giving Hope And Comfort To ALL READERS. Whether Their Straight White Males And Diverse. If They Really Do Care About Diversity, Social Justice, And Any Important Things In Their History Like They Have In Their Twitters, Then They Should Just Try And Make This Trade Paper Back Special. And If They Don't, Then They're Frauds. And If They Blame Straight White Males, Then They're Either Posers Or Tools. I Mean, For The End Of The Year, They Should Just Make Some Stories About The Events In Our Society And Other Events Like The Women's March, March For Science, Etc. And They Should Tell It From Every Point Of Views From Our Characters ESPECIALLY The Straight White Males. This Would Be Another Thing That Will Make Up For Anything They Have Done For The Past Two Years Of Ridiculing The Characters And Their Fans And Readers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.