What do the members have to do as a member?

#1 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

What do they do when they aren't fighting green lanterns and what is their motivation?

#2 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio

They sequin vests, and impersonate Clark Gable.

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12502 posts) - - Show Bio

They devastate planets, trying to spread fear throughout the universe.

Moderator
#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

They urge traffic to yeild

#5 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: So they are basically terrorists but instead killing to spread fear???
#6 Posted by Icarusflies (12502 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Moderator
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96: well they do kill people so actually they're exactly like terrorists
#8 Posted by atom895 (71 posts) - - Show Bio
spread fear throughout the cosmos
#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

But do they need to be bad guys? Does the ring affect their mind so they will cause fear indiscriminantly? Batman uses fear to intimidate bad guys. So does Dexter, causes killers fear. Would they be inducted into the Sinestro Corps or do they have to follow Sinestro's orders?
#10 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order.
#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering how much control he exerts. I know some GL's have disobeyed the Guardians....though I guess they are less violent than Sinestro.
#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order. "
Their sense of order
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order. "
Their sense of order "
Which is Martial Law. But it's still Order, not Chaos.
#15 Posted by SC (13092 posts) - - Show Bio

Skoll Milk by the gallon. 

Moderator
#16 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order. "
Their sense of order "
Which is Martial Law. But it's still Order, not Chaos. "
Their means give the sense of chaos. Things such as mass murder. Their ends can be whatever they wish to call it.
#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order. "
Their sense of order "
Which is Martial Law. But it's still Order, not Chaos. "
Their means give the sense of chaos. Things such as mass murder. Their ends can be whatever they wish to call it. "
If no one's revolting, and everyone is living in fear, then that's Order. That's the whole point of their Corps. It's not random slaughter, it's a Totalitarian tactic of exterminating the opposing forces. There's no Chaos involved at all.
#18 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Kallarkz said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order. "
Their sense of order "
Which is Martial Law. But it's still Order, not Chaos. "
Their means give the sense of chaos. Things such as mass murder. Their ends can be whatever they wish to call it. "
If no one's revolting, and everyone is living in fear, then that's Order. That's the whole point of their Corps. It's not random slaughter, it's a Totalitarian tactic of exterminating the opposing forces. There's no Chaos involved at all. "
your opinion. i could put newspaper over vomit and say it was all cleaned up but it wouldn't be. Mass murder does not always equal random slaughter. Once again, their goals do not change what they have done. We can give explanations as to what exactly they did but it does not change anything.  Key word their is: extermination.

it is not by chance that the majority of its members are criminals.
#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order. "
Their sense of order "
Which is Martial Law. But it's still Order, not Chaos. "
Their means give the sense of chaos. Things such as mass murder. Their ends can be whatever they wish to call it. "
If no one's revolting, and everyone is living in fear, then that's Order. That's the whole point of their Corps. It's not random slaughter, it's a Totalitarian tactic of exterminating the opposing forces. There's no Chaos involved at all. "
your opinion. i could put newspaper over vomit and say it was all cleaned up but it wouldn't be. Mass murder does not always equal random slaughter. Once again, their goals do not change what they have done. We can give explanations as to what exactly they did but it does not change anything.  Key word their is: extermination. "
I'm not saying they didn't kill anyone, what they do is to enforce their ideal of Order, which is Totalitarian Order. It's not any form of Chaos, and if you think it is; you're seriously missing the entire point of the Corps.
#20 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" Well it is called the Sinestro Corps so usually yea they have to do what he says.

Not sure about Dexter but Batman uses fear for a greater good..... wielders of the yellow ring within the Sinestro Corps spread fear to promote chaos.
"
No they don't... They use Fear to create Order. "
Their sense of order "
Which is Martial Law. But it's still Order, not Chaos. "
Their means give the sense of chaos. Things such as mass murder. Their ends can be whatever they wish to call it. "
If no one's revolting, and everyone is living in fear, then that's Order. That's the whole point of their Corps. It's not random slaughter, it's a Totalitarian tactic of exterminating the opposing forces. There's no Chaos involved at all. "
your opinion. i could put newspaper over vomit and say it was all cleaned up but it wouldn't be. Mass murder does not always equal random slaughter. Once again, their goals do not change what they have done. We can give explanations as to what exactly they did but it does not change anything.  Key word their is: extermination. "
I'm not saying they didn't kill anyone, what they do is to enforce their ideal of Order, which is Totalitarian Order. It's not any form of Chaos, and if you think it is; you're seriously missing the entire point of the Corps. "
Once again sir. Your opinion =). How about we end this with a classic "Agree to disagree"
#21 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as their called "the Sinestro Corps" whatever Sinestro wants them to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.