DCnu: Could Majestros be Supermans...

#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Ancestor? It explains why they look exactly the same.

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: i havent read any stuff on majestic but your theory would makes sence cause he is or was one of wildstorms best characters and there version of supes and it would make sence snce a lot of the wildstrom characters has shown up in some way shape or foarm exept for majestic.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

NO

Fixed.

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

NO

Fixed.

PFFF...Can you guys come up with anything better? And explain the uncanny resemblance?
#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

He is going to appear in Red Hood and the Outlaws. So... we'll see.

#7 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

When Superman met Helspont recently, he made a distinction between Kherans and Kryptonians. Your theory would imply that those two races would be the same.

#8 Posted by Annex (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Evil identical twin

#9 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Annex said:

@Primmaster64: Evil identical twin

#10 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

What issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws will Maj appear?

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@hectorsquall said:

@Annex said:

@Primmaster64: Evil identical twin

O_O
#12 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: LOL, just kidding. But "evil identical twin" wouldn't be a great idea IMO ;p

As for Majestros being Superman's ancestor, I'd prefer if they weren't related at all. He didn't show up in the DCnU yet but if/when he does they will probably tweak his look to avoid the resemblance.

#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@hectorsquall said:

@Primmaster64: LOL, just kidding. But "evil identical twin" wouldn't be a great idea IMO ;p

As for Majestros being Superman's ancestor, I'd prefer if they weren't related at all. He didn't show up in the DCnU yet but if/when he does they will probably tweak his look to avoid the resemblance.

Well..Pre-Flashoint he was Superman's counterpart, that explains the resemblance. Now...He would have to be related to Superman in some way to explain his uncanny resemblance.
#14 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Well..Pre-Flashoint he was Superman's counterpart, that explains the resemblance. Now...He would have to be related to Superman in some way to explain his uncanny resemblance.

Who knows, maybe it will happen.

Wait, we're talking about DC here! I think I know how they would do it!

Mr. Majestic: *comes out of nowhere and punches Superman in the face*
Superman: Who the f*ck are you?!
Mr. Majestic: Clark... I'm your father.

And the new Mr. Majestic series will be a spin-off of Liefeld's run on Deathstroke! Written and drawn by... ROB LIEFELD! THAT would be freakin' awesome!

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@hectorsquall: LOL at the first, no at the second.
#16 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Joking aside, I don't think it could work in the DCnU. And if they introduce him they will probably drastically change the character. Or maybe he will be in comic book limbo until a good writer comes up with a great idea. Whatever the case, I'm not really optimistic.

There's a lot of great stories that came out of the New 52 but they didn't do an awesome job incorporating the Wildstorm characters into this new universe IMO. I think it could have been so much better and I just hope that if they introduce him in the New 52 (as Superman's ancestor or not), that they will do him justice ;p

#17 Posted by Thorion88 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Ancestor? It explains why they look exactly the same.

If they allowed Captain Marvel & Superman to exist in the DCU for years on end with artist sometimes making very little or subtle differences in their appearances, they can do the same with Majestic and & Superman.

#18 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thorion88 said:

@Primmaster64 said:

Ancestor? It explains why they look exactly the same.

If they allowed Captain Marvel & Superman to exist in the DCU for years on end with artist sometimes making very little or subtle differences in their appearances, they can do the same with Majestic and & Superman.

You know...I sometimes can't tell the difference between Bruce and Superman.
#19 Posted by Thorion88 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Thorion88 said:

@Primmaster64 said:

Ancestor? It explains why they look exactly the same.

If they allowed Captain Marvel & Superman to exist in the DCU for years on end with artist sometimes making very little or subtle differences in their appearances, they can do the same with Majestic and & Superman.

You know...I sometimes can't tell the difference between Bruce and Superman.

Exactly, Superman looks similar to both Captain Marvel & Bruce Wayne throughout DC's publication so, i doubt this "crutch" would keep Majestros from fully appearing in the DCu especially since unlike either Billy or Bruce, he's had a beard, war-helm or other looks to distinguish himself from Superman rather easily.

#20 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thorion88 said:

@SandMan_ said:

@Thorion88 said:

@Primmaster64 said:

Ancestor? It explains why they look exactly the same.

If they allowed Captain Marvel & Superman to exist in the DCU for years on end with artist sometimes making very little or subtle differences in their appearances, they can do the same with Majestic and & Superman.

You know...I sometimes can't tell the difference between Bruce and Superman.

Exactly, Superman looks similar to both Captain Marvel & Bruce Wayne throughout DC's publication so, i doubt this "crutch" would keep Majestros from fully appearing in the DCu especially since unlike either Billy or Bruce, he's had a beard, war-helm or other looks to distinguish himself from Superman rather easily.

Then when he shaves and takes out his helmet? O_O
#21 Posted by Supreme_Maj (292 posts) - - Show Bio

DC should not try to mess up maj like they did with most of WU characters is too bad what i am seeing the best reboot are for DCU mainstream characters even this joker of steve trevor . Look at what Liefeld has done to Zealot .She's a shadow of herself i don't see anyone who can normally take on Zealot on DCU mainstream excepte the big guns like wonder woman even her it will be a fight against her so please Dc I beg you don't destroy Maj like you did Warblade, Zealot and co .Only Helspont had a better treatment.

#22 Posted by toptom (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme_Maj: i 'll even say that helspont is more powerful than ever

#23 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: Yeah, if he can wipe the floor with supes in new 52, then the pre-52 Maj and Helspont stalemate means that Majestros is stronger than supes??? If he does get re-introduced with weaker strength to Supes, it'll be a damn shame.

On the other hand, his Warlord skills should compensate for his ability to keep up with Superman... just like Wonder Woman and how she can keep up with supes even though he's stronger.

#24 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

In dc, Superman tends to be the most powerful. Maybe Mr Majestic will be rebooted as the military's answer to Superman. I do know Zealot is from Khera in the New 52. Maybe Mr Majestic is also from Khera and is now working for the military.

#25 Posted by toptom (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baberaham_Lincoln: i don't think we have to make this comparison with the pre-52 universe.

@colonyofcells: i also believe so

#26 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: or else it turns into a battle thread... my bad =/

#27 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

With the new 52 reboots, it is easy to make Majestic look different from Superman. I hope we see a Majestic vs Superman soon. Maybe we can have an invasion from Khera story led by Majestic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.