Best Lady Shiva stories?

#1 Posted by comkid100 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

She seems like a cool character but I don't know alot about her

Does anyone have any suggestions.

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

I recommend Dennis O Neil's The Question.

#3 Posted by fempowah (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I think she is a cool FEM! never heard of her until recently.

#4 Posted by HexThis (884 posts) - - Show Bio

She has a great arc in the Birds of Prey, particularly when she trades places with Dinah. She's just so vicious and cold, it's funny to see her interact with do-gooders.

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

Fables: (her first meeting with Batman)

KnightsEnd: Shiva retrains/builds Bruce Wayne back into Batman after he's crippled by Bane

Brotherhood of the Fist: Shiva appears as the Paper Monkey

I'd read all of Batgirl (Cass Cain). Shiva is sprinkled throughout the entire run. But my favorite arc from that is Destruction's Daughter which leads right into Blood Matters (no link but its issues #71-73)

#6 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

She has a great arc in the Birds of Prey, particularly when she trades places with Dinah. She's just so vicious and cold, it's funny to see her interact with do-gooders.

Agreed

#7 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I second her role in the old run of The Question, especially if you want to see her more as a secondary protagonist, but the other recommendations are good as well. I'd add to them, the Tim Drake run of Robin, where he goes to her for training.

It's a great character who with good writing rose above the "Asian martial artist" and "dragon lady" stereotypes that defined her archetype. Even after the reboot, where she's become some sort of knockoff Shredder chick, she's worth following.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.