Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4356 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Green Arrow # 1

Lordzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lordzid

Well from the first week of comics if ''The new 52'' the most disappointing it has to be Green  Arrow.
    Some might not agree maybe just a few of you but the story the characters and the ambient doesn't make you feel anything to continue reading the comic.

J.T Krul of this Green Arrow doesnt feel anything like the Old  J.T

If you have the chance to pass this comic DO IT it is harsh but its the true

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

Yeah, I didn't feel it either. This just feels like an entirely different character altogether. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

cough *Smallville*
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

wow this saddens me, I am a hughe Green arrow fan..points at the Green Arrow page and of course will pick the issue up, but I feared it would not be the Ollie I knew and loved.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stumpy49er

Yeah, the story was too gimmicky for a retelling of Green Arrow.

I was really looking forward to this one, but was let down.
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Aiden Cross

I have to agree with the general concensus, I like Green Arrow and i love his new costume. But that's pretty much all I love about his new comic book. His friends, the corporation, the villains... It really can't keep my attention, heck it can't even grab my attention.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

To be frank...it sucked. I love the costume, that's the only thing I love or even like. The friends were mediocre at best and didn't hold my interest. The villains were ridiculously lame and felt like almost like a pop culture gimmick and I'm not a fan of Perez's art at all. I had promised myself I'd try the first two issues of everything, but this is getting dropped after issue one.  

The only way I'll pick this up again is if they introduce a Smallville-ish version of Chloe. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@The Dark Huntress
    to go with Smallville-Ollie?
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Aiden Cross said:
    I have to agree with the general concensus, I like Green Arrow and i love his new costume. But that's pretty much all I love about his new comic book. His friends, the corporation, the villains... It really can't keep my attention, heck it can't even grab my attention.
    this
    greenk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greenk

@The Dark Huntress said:

The only way I'll pick this up again is if they introduce a Smallville-ish version of Chloe.

Yeah because that would just make all the wrong go away and make this book suddenly better?. What good would that do if the writing and the art still suck to you. The character that you want would be muddled in the same mess that you are not wanting. In case you havent noticed the character Naomi Isnt far off from the Smallville Chloe, she might actually be based on her. So its not a matter of who or who isn't in the book at this stage, the creative team is the one that need to step up.

Anyway my opinion on this book is I dont think its as bad as its made out to be, it surely could have been better. The villains I think were the biggest let down, GA an his supporting cast were working alright for me. the art again could be better. of the 13 released its not the worst book in the bunch, but hey nobody is talking about them. maybe that's a good sign, at least people care enough for green Arrow to talk about it and want to see it get better.

Thowell3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thowell3

I am sort of Indifferent right now, It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. Personally I think it might get better as the Issues go on, I mean don't Judge a whole comic series on the 1st Issue that just makes you seem close minded. Keep an open mind and hope that it bets better, at this point the writing is better than a lot of Judd Winick's Story Line. Personally i had hoped that Kevin Smith would have come back for the First 10 Issue's of Green Arrow like he did with Quiver, That was one of the best Green Arrow Story lines to date. Any ways Give it some time and remember that this is a new beginning not every comic can be great right out of the gate.

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By .Longshot.

Why is it that a lot of creators think that making a character "more unique" means "make them the same as everyone else"?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

it was cliche

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By soccersss

I hope you guys give Green Arrow more time. Im gonna continuing picking up but then again Im biased since Green Arrow is my fave. On the plus side J.T Kruls leaving Green Arrow soon so theres a huge possibility it is going to improve greatly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.