Telepathic Immunity

IsaLeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

At that moment, did Emma get into Victor's mind? He tells Emma that it would be better to stop trying. But for him to know that she was trying, she should have done it, right? And her indomitable will ended up preventing her from proceeding, because he could attack. So can she?

No Caption Provided

Could Emma get into minds that are supposed to be immune, like Dracula, Psylocke, Hulk? Are they really immune? Or just super tough? I believe that only Juggernaut

and Magneto with a helmet are immune.

As a member of the Phoenix Five, Emma fought Thor, he shattered her, I think she wanted to play with him. But does Mjolnir destroy it that easily without the Phoenix Force?

Can Xavier break telepathic immunities? He linked Emma's mind with Scott's. She was in her Diamond form, which in this state is immune. Or did he come in because there was a fragment of Void on his forehead, and that created an entrance?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no true telepathy immunity. Those strong enough have broken through immunity and even Dooms defense while possibly incredible wasnt done in a combat situation.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As with @Koays I agree that there is no telepathic "immunity" just varying degrees of resistance. From negligible to so strong it's needing two omega's to get through... and even beyond.

Also @isaleal may I ask where the comment about P5 Emma comes into play about telepathic immunity? She WAS playing with him... and the rain of shattered diamonds dropped Thor like a sack. If you mean is her diamond form that tanky normally - yes and no... its very much like the telepathic resistance... overwhelming force can get through anyone's invulnerabilities. Mjolnir probably could shatter regular Emma. She was shattered by a (very accurate) gun shot.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, I just liken getting through a telepathic defense to punching through a wall. Some are tougher than others depending on the telepathic potency.

and Magneto with a helmet are immune.

That's just something from the movies. I believe Magneto has great defense because of the electromagnetic energy his body exudes in the comics. That and because he "trained" himself because of course he did.

IsaLeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IsaLeal

@devilsgrin81:

Mjolnir probably could shatter regular Emma. She was shattered by a (very accurate) gun shot.

Yes, Emma's diamond shape is imperfect, but I wanted to ask because she has already withstood the blows of the enraged Hulk in WWH, so I thought I could withstand Mjolnir.

@cattlebattle:

That's just something from the movies. I believe Magneto has great defense because of the electromagnetic energy his body exudes in the comics. That and because he "trained" himself because of course he did.

I read that now. But I saw that after the films, Magneto said that the helmet gave immunity, so I was curious, since I already saw Charles entering his mind even with Magneto with his helmet. And I saw Jean entering Juggernaut's mind, but they say it was PIS.

No Caption Provided

And there it is, and it just made me more confused.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaleal: Magneto’s helmet is indeed telepath proof nowadays. Writers may forget though, making it PIS. As it stands for Jean, to be fair, Jean has broken past telepathic immunities before. Psylocke has as well. How Xavier and Emma get blocked off is beyond me, but that is what’s canon.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean can break through any telepathic shields. No tp immunity from jean