Posted by PapiNacho (2363 posts) 8 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Best current Wolverine run (25 votes)

Wolverine 16%
Savage Wolverine 56%
Wolverine and the X-men 28%

Which do you think is the best current wolverine run. I recently tried to get into Wolverine by reading the main title Marvel Now run but it just didn't capture me. Is that as good as it gets or can I get my Woverine fix elsewhere? Current runs only please.

#1 Posted by Wolverine08 (38501 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Savage Wolverine is the best. New arc starting this month too.

#2 Posted by HumanRocket (7388 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read the first few issues of savage but liked it. Wolverine an the x-men is meh to me.

#3 Posted by batmannflash (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Wolverine

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine. It's his actual series. Savage Wolverine is just a bunch of closed story arcs with a different team each arc.

WatXM sucks and isn't worth reading.

#5 Edited by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Wolverine has been by far his best book right now, but that isn't saying much. Savage has been enjoyable, but it's had some flaws.

Cornell couldn't write Wolverine out of a wet paper bag.

And WATXM has been terrible for over a year. Jason Aaron has ran whatever charm it had into the ground.

#6 Edited by gor724 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM is just plain awful, I haven't gotten around to the main Wolverine title, and I really like Savage.

#7 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2656 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Wolverine is the best title so far IMO. I like how it is a bunch of stories from Wolvies past. The main Wolvie title, Wolverine, is alright I enjoy it although I get a bit disappointed at the charactrs portrayal and reactions at times. WaTXM.......I just don't like that title at all.

#8 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7720 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine from DeadPools The Good The Bad and The Ugly :P

#9 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2656 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine from DeadPools The Good The Bad and The Ugly :P

lol I love the current deadpool title

#10 Posted by batmannflash (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Wolverine for me

#11 Posted by Bezza (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Wolverine for me!

#12 Edited by Doctor_Malekith (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wolverine, and Savage Wolverine is the only book currently that features the character I love. Wolverine and the X-Men is absolutely terrible, and Paul Cornell just can't write Wolverine.

#13 Posted by EnigmaLantern (717 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Origins II (although only one issue in) stand up to his other titles? Out of interest, I'm thinking of getting it.

#14 Edited by Bezza (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Savage Wolverine!

#15 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2656 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

Still Savage Wolverine!

Most likely will be for a while lol

How does Origins II (although only one issue in) stand up to his other titles? Out of interest, I'm thinking of getting it.

it's pretty good, you should get it.

#16 Posted by EnigmaLantern (717 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman: I might do, I've just been put off from Wolverine because most of the X-Men stuff out there, with Wolverine, has been mediocre at best. But I am considering getting Origins II

#17 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2656 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman: I might do, I've just been put off from Wolverine because most of the X-Men stuff out there, with Wolverine, has been mediocre at best. But I am considering getting Origins II

I agree with Cornell's Wolverine and WaTXM it really has not been a good year for the ol'canuck