inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Within the history of Marvel, there's been a lot of different people who have wielded the hammer Mjolnir. Now, in the upcoming Secret Wars: Battleworld, fans will get to see them come together.

Announced on Marvel's website, THORS, written by Jason Aaron with art from Chris Sprouse, is a new series starting in June that brings together many of the various Thors from different universes but in more of a law enforcement type of feel to it.

“This is basically me doing a cop story, but with hammers instead of guns,” says Aaron. “This is me getting to do ‘Homicide: Life on the Street’ with lots of cosmic cops. It’s every version of Thor you can imagine, all walking beats, solving murders, getting yelled at by their commissioner and blowing off steam at their local Thor-cop bar.”

This story will have a major impact on SECRET WARS as well. Aaron considers this book a direct tie-in to the main SECRET WARS story and has a connection to issue #2 of the event.

“In the first issue, our Thors pick up a doozy of a murder case, one that sends them all scrambling,” promises Aaron. “And ultimately has a few of them asking questions that may shake the foundations of everything they think they know... “I take all these hammer wielders to some really weird and scary places. Think ‘True Detective,’ but with Throg the Frog of Thunder playing the Rust Cohle part. Well, not exactly. But you get the idea.”

THORS by Jason Aaron and Chris Sprouse kicks off in June.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just posted this, off to delete, but cool.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By tensor

I know this was coming. I hope it is good.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope we see Ragnarok. We haven't seen him since the end of Dark Avengers & that ending was pretty bad ass.

AMajorDoubter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be one of the best series. I can't wait.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

dam The Destoryer as Thor!?!? looks so cool

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Wow this is ALOT like Convergance. I thought Secret Wars was just taking into account multiple univereses like Ultimate and 616, but judging by this cover its also covering different time periods like Storm with Mjlonir and Old Thor?

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: nah just differant universes

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I really hope we get different groups of various incarnations of Marvel's biggest characters. We have all of the different Spider-Men (and women) and now all of the different Thors, so I hope we'll see groups of different Iron Men and Captain Americas as well. :D

Larcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So will the normal Thor series stop while this is going on like with the Original Sin tie-in?

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if this means the return of the Thor Corps

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they include Rogue-Thor for giggles.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying Thor at the moment and now I'm relly looking forward to this.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I see the Asgardian Goddess Storm! :)

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

All I've got to say is...

There better be a version of Banner/Hulk with Mjolnir.

Thorulk, the mightiest and strongest there is! :)

C'mon, you can't tell me that wouldn't be cool!

We've got several female Thors, a Frog Thor, a Destroyer Thor, a Storm Thor, and numerous male Thors!

Would it be so bad to have a version of Hulk/Banner with his own mystical hammer?

I think not! If we're gonna have this Thors title, there needs to be a Hulk/Banner-Thor. Now that I think about it... a Iron Fist-Thor would be pretty cool, too.

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: there may be some arguments here, but from the facts we've been given Marvel came up with this first......Convergence has looked VERY thrown together, even though I'm super stoked for it. I mean, they say they planned it all out till issue 8. They literally tell us the New 52 characters WON'T be part of the event, they will only be slightly involved because of the events of "Superman: Doomed" due to issue #0's cover. Then bam....May solicitations come out and the New 52 characters are in the last, what, two or three issues. You know what this means? They saw Secret Wars (or someone leaked it before the announcement) and were like "Ok, let's make Futures End be worth it (lol)". BAM. Convergence. That's LITERALLY what the Incursions are called from the get go : The Convergence of Worlds. Coincidence? i don't think so AT ALL

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

Thor

King Thor

Ulthor

Throg

Thorse

DesThoryer

Whore She-Thor (don't hurt me)

Sthorm

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wanted something like this.

Guess my "Thor Corps" dream comic has finally come true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@dernman:

Oh yeah you are such great gentlemen.

Did Storm really call herself Sthorm ?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dernman

@vitalius:

Oh yeah you are such great gentlemen.

I know right. I get my gentlemanly ways from being raised the only male in a household full woman. I'm actually the kinder one.

Did Storm really call herself Sthorm ?

Nah That's just me trying to fit Thor into everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

I also was raised in house with one male.

Because Sthorm looks like stupid codename in my oppion.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dernman

@vitalius:

Because Sthorm looks like stupid codename in my oppion.

Agreed. I don't know if she went by her own name or Stormcaster after her hammer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

Stormcaster is better but it´s same thing as Storm.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By w0nd

@noj said:

Wow this is ALOT like Convergance. I thought Secret Wars was just taking into account multiple univereses like Ultimate and 616, but judging by this cover its also covering different time periods like Storm with Mjlonir and Old Thor?

in spiderverse they kind of explained it as "what if spiderman kept the black suit" so Im assuming this oen is like "What if storm kept mjlonir in that universe

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Asgard: life on the streets. Sounds good.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

Storm became a Thor full time in a universe where the X-Men stayed in Asgard and Old-Thor exists in an alt universe because that's how time travel works in Marvel.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

So...... Thor-Verse?

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks interesting and it's like Spiderverse with all the Spidermen(and women) editions of the character....Planet Hulk will have also many editions of the Hulk and something tells me that Iron Man's Armor Wars will be the same as well....Also the new series with the Ghost Riders(racers)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always liked Sprouse work.

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks ridiculous. Detective Thor? On a police force of Thors? What the hell is this crap? Every idea I've seen for Secret Wars has been foolish nonsense. Planet full of Hulk's with Gladiator Cap riding a dinosaur? A world of Modok's? Hickman's run on Avengers has been very serious, dramatic and compelling. I don't understand why they are the taking this 180 into all of his silly crap. There are still a lot of books to be unveiled, so maybe things will improve, but it m so disappointed with everything I've seen so far. Ugh, I just hate these silly themed books. i like The current Thor book so hopefully I'm just getting the wrong vibe from this 1, but it doesn't look likely next to dinoriding Rogers and galactus Modok and his buddy Deadpool Modok and Magneto Modok and.....Ugh.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never been a big Thor fan, but this just looks awesome !! i'll be grabbing this when it drops.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks ridiculous. Detective Thor? On a police force of Thors? What the hell is this crap? Every idea I've seen for Secret Wars has been foolish nonsense. Planet full of Hulk's with Gladiator Cap riding a dinosaur? A world of Modok's? Hickman's run on Avengers has been very serious, dramatic and compelling. I don't understand why they are the taking this 180 into all of his silly crap. There are still a lot of books to be unveiled, so maybe things will improve, but it m so disappointed with everything I've seen so far. Ugh, I just hate these silly themed books. i like The current Thor book so hopefully I'm just getting the wrong vibe from this 1, but it doesn't look likely next to dinoriding Rogers and galactus Modok and his buddy Deadpool Modok and Magneto Modok and.....Ugh.

I have to agree with you about the "Detective Thor" angle. A "police force" of Thors, solving a murder? definitely one of the most out-there ideas I've ever heard. This would work for a Green Lantern story, but not a "Thor Corps" story. Thor isn't like a cop, or a detective. Any incarnation of Thor, or any hammer-wielder, is(or, at least should be) a warrior. Aaron has made an odd comparison there; this sounds more experimental than the stuff he's been doing with the current "Thor" book. We went from epic tales of God-Butchers & Thor across time to a Thor substitute dealing with Roxxon corruption & bank robberies. Now we have the opportunity to bring all the cool, different incarnations of Thor & other hammer-wielders together, & it's going to be done like a detective/cop show? It should be an epic tale of all these variations of thunder gods, interacting & fighting a multiverse-spanning menace. IMO, Aaron is missing the mark with the epic stories of battle & cosmic mystery he could be telling, at every opportunity. Also, Thor Corps would have been a better title than Thors. IMO, the drop in quality from T:GOT to this is uncanny. Despite my love of Thor & Beta Ray Bill, & the great art of Chris Sprouse(that's an awesome cover, I admit), until the proper characterization & epic feel returns, I'll pass & get my Asgardian fix from Loki: AOA & Angela: AA.

Here's an epic Thor Corps for you:

No Caption Provided

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I've had time to mull this over, let me just say this: As profoundly ridiculous as I find Aaron's concept for this book to be (especially considering his current mishandling of Thor), I do find the idea of seeing different versions of Thor (Storm and the poser notwithstanding) to be somewhat intriguing. So maybe I'll check this out.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

And here Aaron lost me totally. I really like what he is doing and what he has done with Thor so far but this seems like a mediocre story that will suck.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wait, I thought Ultimate Thor is dead at the moment?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I'm having a THOR-NER!

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What constitutes silly is rather subjective. Some would argue making a superhero that get's his powers after being bitten by a spider, is silly. Or someone who get's his powers from a magic hammer. Etc

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#40  Edited By The Impersonator

Thortastic!

LooksLikeRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultronmk7 said:

What constitutes silly is rather subjective. Some would argue making a superhero that get's his powers after being bitten by a spider, is silly. Or someone who get's his powers from a magic hammer. Etc

He is just saying that he is disappointed. As am I. But some of the covers make it look a little childish and silly. Not only that, I think its confusing. I am just going to read the main title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very interested in seeing a bunch of second rate Thor's pretend to be cops.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Please no progressive BS in this please I pray to the Batgod

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lookslikerain: That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm disappointed in the choices they are making here and in some of the other Secret Wars tie ins. The more we learn about some of the new titles the more we find out that most have little or nothing to do with the original story they are based on. I'm enjoying the main Thor series, and I'll keep reading it. The main Secret Wars title by Hickman (1 of my fav writers) will be epic I'm sure. Some of these tie ins will surely surprise and be very good, but I think you put my feelings perfectly: disappointed. Not in the whole event but I'm disappointed in some of the choices they have made with the tie ins. Hopefully they will surprise me and be better than I expect.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not get the whole frog thor since it was simply Thor whom was turned into a frog for a moment.

Kind of makes me want to pass on the whole idea.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish we could see Rune King Thor again. I know he is just 616 Thor, but before that epic ragnarok arc. T das epic, but we barely got to see him.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BloodTalon

I was going to get this book anyway, but after issue 2 of Secret Wars I am really excited.

Oh BTW to all the nay sayers how a out you give the book a read before you condemn it and instead of bitching about it how about you just don't buy it.