Some Thoughts on Crossovers

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've been thinking… there are a lot of crossovers in fan fiction that build their own fanbase. Does this hurt the chances of crossovers being made by the big name companies themselves? Since there are so many crossovers being made for free by fans, does this create a disincentive for companies to make official crossovers? Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My only thought on this is that except in very specific cases, most crossovers are utterly terrible and nothing more then publicity stunts. As for fan-fiction companies generally don't care unless someone tries to make money of their properties.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: Are you just now bringing this up recently simply because of the fic I recommended to you not to long ago? If the fic is popular enough it could get considered to go mainstream.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kgb725

No most companies dont care unless money is being made and they arent in on it

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SpitfirePanda

@segamarvel: No man, I'll get to it, but I'm busy. I've got several books I'm reading, and several big personal projects I'm working on. I intend to read it at some point, but not right now. And no, that's not why I brought this up, though our conversation did make me think of this thread.