PRO Wrestling haters....

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blackdog2009

Smart enough to know it's staged and theatric, but NOT smart enough to enjoy it for what it is.

I've often pondered the psychology behind this dilemma. I'm a huge combat sport fan. Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing etc etc. And as a kid of course I loved pro wrestling. Later as with many, you find out it was all set up, staged and just tailor made to entertain. I still watch from time to time, and I laugh and enjoy the theatrics. But MANY take this to heart and divorce their fandom from pro wrestling and hate it with a passion! Shouldn't you also be smart enough to keep enjoying it for what it is? Granted there are A LOT of stupid angles that I roll my eyes at. Granted today's wrestlers dont hold a candle to yesterday's wrestling stars but... I don't waste negative energy in hating something that isn't really any different from enjoying a James Bond or Batman movie. Wondering what some of you think of this.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Wrestling is staged, but those guys that put on that show still need quite a lot of athleticism and skill to be able to do the moves that they do and not get seriously injured. Nothing should be taken away from them for not actually making hard contact with their hits. Many of the moves that are performed at actually HARDER to do when you are trying to do them with the safety of both performers in mind. It's just something that is meant to entertain you. If you can suspend your disbelief for a few minutes in a match then it is even more so. I find myself saying or thinking, damn that would really hurt if it was real, etc. That's what I find great, the idea that these guys are really in a knockdown drag-out brawl.

I do hate the soap-opera stuff though that goes on a lot nowadays.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

Wrestling haters can suck it!

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I not a big fan of WWE.

But heck, mexican wrestling is awesome.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mike_Fowler

It's not the fact that it's staged it's this family friendly crap their doing if they brought back the attitude era then people would be coming back

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonez_

WWE has never really been by cup of tea, but hey, I don't hate it.

Boxing on the other hand... I could spend all day watching that sh!t.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suspend your disbelief and just watch it. I didnt care one bit about wrestling until the Rock came back. I was interested and got to see everything else and got to appreciate wrestling for what it is. Don't see it as something thats fake because thats just weird you dont watch Breaking Bad and think wow this isnt true at all so why would you about the WWE. Watch for the story and the development of new talent

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not saying I hate wrestling but it just is too hard getting PPV from where I'm residing. So right now I prefer the "real" combat sports such as MMA, boxing, kickboxing, etc.

That said... I've got 700 GB of Pro wrestling videos (from WWF to WCW to Jim Crockett Promotions to NJPW to TNA, etc.) in one of my hard disks. More than twice the size of my boxing and MMA collection combined. Nyahahahahahahahaha! :D

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I miss the 90's :(

tumblr_mmm0tdEn5N1r0ix14o1_500

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit474

What I've seen from haters is the usual arguments. Some ridiculous comments about two men grabbing each other,that it's "fake",and you know..the typical comments. The family friendly bit really isn't as bad as people think because wrestling use to always be PG before the attitude era however it's how they're handling it that's bad. If they'd just get better writers and make their wrestling better,at least in WWE's case,then they would probably be liked more nowadays. For ex, TNA's got the wrestling but their storylines are dumb as hell

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I respect it as a form of entertainment. Like a movie or something. A movie without a story, but good fight scenes.

I can't see it as a sport though. Everything that's going to happen it decided beforehand. so it just loses... something. I prefer real boxing over it any day.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought of pro wrestling like a comic book with the unique shticks each wrestler brings to the ring.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just too cheesy for my tastes.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's like watching acrobats. Although choreographed the physical feats performed carry with them the chance of serious injury and yes, death. I find it strange anyone would disregard WWE as "fake". It's entertainment and a dangerous one at that.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

think of pro wrestling as ballett . sure its staged and requries a huge amount of practice but one false move and your are screwed forever.

just ask droz whos paralyzed from the waist down and is in a wheelchair

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I used to be a huge WWF/WWE fan back in the early 2000s. I witness the Invasion of ECW/WCW. I saw the rise of the Next Big Thing and I saw the early years of John Cena. But I stopped watching because I couldn't take seeing any more deaths in the wrestling family. Chris and Eddie's death really hit me hard because I felt a part of my teenage years died along with them.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be a huge WWF/WWE fan back in the early 2000s. I witness the Invasion of ECW/WCW. I saw the rise of the Next Big Thing and I saw the early years of John Cena. But I stopped watching because I couldn't take seeing any more deaths in the wrestling family. Chris and Eddie's death really hit me hard because I felt a part of my teenage years died along with them.

believe me the only good thing wwe had was in 2011 wich was the summer of cm punk

right now daniel bryan is champion wich i like and evolution is back together to fight the shield. also ric flair tonight :)

there was talk of a shield vs evolutions wargames match at next months ppv but wwe couldnt find a arena big enough for 2 rings

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

believe me the only good thing wwe had was in 2011 wich was the summer of cm punk

right now daniel bryan is champion wich i like and evolution is back together to fight the shield. also ric flair tonight :)

there was talk of a shield vs evolutions wargames match at next months ppv but wwe couldnt find a arena big enough for 2 rings

Sweet I was always fan of Evolution back in the day. Is Batista back with them? or is it just Rick, Randy and Triple H?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TazzMission

@humanrocket said:

@tazzmission said:

@humanrocket said:

Sweet I was always fan of Evolution back in the day. Is Batista back with them? or is it just Rick, Randy and Triple H?

batista came back this january. hes leaving to promote gotg after this months ppv though.

also brock lesnar is back and he ended takers streak at mania 2 weeks ago

also ric will be with evolution

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think wrestling is pretty entertaining, what annoys me somewhat is when people insist it's 100% real, it is obviously not. Im sure they sometimes hit eachother for real, but its obviously very over dramatized. Not to mention if they did some of those moves in a real fight people would die left and right.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main thing that's always irked me about Pro Wrestling is the fact that many of them wear those Tight Grandma Panties that supposed to be Wrestling Trunks... it just looks weird to see guys like CM Punk or Triple H or Stone Cold or The Rock or Booker T... etc. wearing that sh!t. I mean can't they just wear the long tights instead or some MMA style shorts ? It just looks so weird.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main thing that's always irked me about Pro Wrestling is the fact that many of them wear those Tight Grandma Panties that supposed to be Wrestling Trunks... it just looks weird to see guys like CM Punk or Triple H or Stone Cold or The Rock or Booker T... etc. wearing that sh!t. I mean can't they just wear the long tights instead or some MMA style shorts ? It just looks so weird.

its probably easier for them. i mean i cant imagine what its like to wrestle everyday for all year round in tight tights.

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, IMO wrestling sucks nowadays.

Back in the day though... man, that was some good sh*t.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

I haven't been a fan of wrestling in quite some time, but what grinds my gears is when the haters come in and say "You know it's fake right??" as if to burst the fans' bubble. Holy sh*t?!?! It is?? SHOCKER!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#27  Edited By Joygirl

I mostly don't watch it because it usually sucks. I blame the commentators most of the time -- the athletes are adequate and then the commentators blow things wayyy out of proportion, so much that it breaks what little WSD you can work up. I don't dislike the concept of pro wrestling, I just dislike the execution of (most) fights.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I lost a lot of interest in it, only peeping Chikara and ROH from time to time

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

I Don't follow it a lot really. But even fake, some of the matches can be enjoyable.

but what grinds my gears is when the haters come in and say "You know it's fake right??" as if to burst the fans' bubble. Holy sh*t?!?! It is?? SHOCKER!

yep.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It looks pretty good to me.