Is banning assault weapons a good start?

CrimsonCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CrimsonCarnage

I know I am beating a overrated topic but...will this work in any shape or form? Will this prevent the carnage that goes on?

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really gun control doesn't work in america. Look at Detriot and D.C.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

this.

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TotalBalance

If they are going to do it they have to do it right. If you want to get rid of them you have to proactively go to peoples homes and demand they turn in their assault weapons. Make it like some of the Asian countries where owning an assault weapon is akin to murder and is investigated and dealt with very seriously. Then and only then might it work.

If they are just going to ask people to turn in their guns it will never work and that is their fault for being lazy, if you want the people not to have these weapons you have to go and take them.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@TotalBalance said:

If they are going to do it they have to do it right. If you want to get rid of them you have to proactively go to peoples homes and demand they turn in their assault weapons. Make it like some of the Asian countries where owning an assault weapon is akin to murder and is investigated and dealt with very seriously. Then and only then might it work.

If they are just going to ask people to turn in their guns it will never work and that is their fault for being lazy, if you want the people not to have these weapons you have to go and take them.

And going up and taking peoples assault weapons with force (if needed) will just start a whole bunch of crap. Riots and probably a lot of bloodshed. People down in the Southern states of the US really love their right to bear arms, and it won't be good when the government comes knocking to take them from them.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Not just the South, I live in the Midwest and I would fight for my rights

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Hawk_

I could take a AR and put a wood stock and a wood forearm on it....and it's suddenly fine? So stupid.

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TotalBalance

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@TotalBalance said:

And going up and taking peoples assault weapons with force (if needed) will just start a whole bunch of crap. Riots and probably a lot of bloodshed. People down in the Southern states of the US really love their right to bear arms, and it won't be good when the government comes knocking to take them from them.

I am not saying it is a good option, I am saying it is the only way for the government to effectively get rid of assault weapons. The best solution to this problem of course would have been to never have let the citizenry get access to such weapons in the first place. But that, the only sensible option, was not implemented and now you are left with a problem with no good solutions.

Setherial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Setherial

I don't see how the US government can ban assault weapons if they can't even stop people from possessing substances like cocaine and heroin after many years of a war on drugs.

Avatar image for goldenboy_prime
Goldenboy_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Goldenboy_Prime

A good start would be addressing mental health since that would actually benefit us in other matters besides gun violence.

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Nobody lives in Detroit silly!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Yung ANcient One

... ... ...

(+)