I just got news.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hawk

So usually I try and make light of things, cause this is a site to have fun on. I just received an email that a friend of mine who just had a baby, 2 weeks ago, has cancer in her leg. She had the same type of cancer in the same area when she was 5 so her bones in that area are weaker. With the added weight of being pregnant she fractured her leg. They couldn't do X-rays cause she was preggers, A couple days after giving birth she fell and fully broke her leg.

When they did the MRI they found a mass in her leg. After doing the biopsy the Cancer was back. So today I get an email saying that her leg will be amputated right above the knee and she will have radiation. Because of the radiation she will not be able to be around the baby for who knows how long.

So for those of you who Pray do so please.....for those who don't consider your problems not as big.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

My heart and prayers go out to her. Truly a shame to hear that Hawk.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Oh My... thats really Sad. Well my prayers go out to her and her family...
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hawk

Sorry to ruin everyone's day.

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, bro.....That must be hard after all her emotions and hormonal attachments to the child. I am sincerely sorry, for her. My prayers and hopes to her that she gets better and will recover quickly.

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawk said:
"Sorry to ruin everyone's day."

My day has already been ruined. I'm sick, so don't worry about it.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

My prayers go out to her. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Avatar image for desiderina_redhead
Desiderina Redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All peace and love to her and her family, it sounds like they caught it early so at least she will be ok.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

wow...i'm really sorry to hear that...my grandmother has been suffering through cancer for the past few years now and one of my best friend's mother just passed away last month from cancer...my prayers go out to her and her family

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crimson Orchid

That's truly terrible...  reminds me of a news story I heard a while back (A woman had to have both arms and legs amputated after giving birth to triplets because of a flesh eating virus)...
It's a very terrible thing to happen to someone at a point in their life should be filled with joy.
My heart goes out to her and her family.

Dementia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Dementia5

Oh wow, that's awful! Your emotions are in turmoil just after you give birth to begin with (I suffered from a nasty bout of post-partum depression after I had my son), but to get this news AND to be separated from your child for an extended period of time to boot has just GOT to be hellish.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawk

FYI...The girl did have her leg amputated. They will be doing Chemo so she can still be around the baby. I played softball with the guy yesterday and he seemed in good spirits. She has 3 weeks before she can try prosthetics.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By No_Name_

omg, thats horrible. =[

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kurrent

This is such a sad story. I hope the prosthetic and chemo work out for the best

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hawk

They left enough of her knee so she can get a good prosthetic. But talking to her husband yesterday her mom is staying with them. He is back at work today, and they have a in home care. We (my sunday school class) have taken care of food for them for the next 6 months so they don't have to worry about that. She's a tough chick and will be alright.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kurrent
Hawk said:
"They left enough of her knee so she can get a good prosthetic. But talking to her husband yesterday her mom is staying with them. He is back at work today, and they have a in home care. We (my sunday school class) have taken care of food for them for the next 6 months so they don't have to worry about that. She's a tough chick and will be alright.
"
That is good news man. Glad to hear that she is pulling through