Where does hydrokinesis come from?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

What makes it so she is able to control water? Is it some kind of magical item she wears? Or is there no real explanation why she is able to control water.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The first waterbender was the moon...

Ops misread the title

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack: Every member to my knowledge of her subspecies could control water. Im thinking that Atlantean hierarchy lineage gives more abilities then average Atlanteans (citizens, soldiers, govt) based on how Mera uses it she has better control and also Nereus has been shown to be very powerful with the use of Hydrokinesis

Ah okay. I haven't seen any of the other people from Xebel use water control in the current series so I didn't know that they could all do it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It comes from the anal gland.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: @teerack: Justthatkid is right. Its a Xebel exclusive power from what if seems. Mera said in I believe issue 6 that she inherited the ability from her dad. Who is a d-bagle, btw.

Neruses can do it too so its reasonable to assume people from Xebel naturally have the ability.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackWind

@justthatkid: It was.

Apparently its not a Xebel exclusive power, exactly. Its something Mera's father can do that he taught her. Because her dad said it'd take years to learn how to do it like she does.